Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by phergott
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Count-Down11-6-14 071.jpg
    Count-Down11-6-14 050.jpg
    Playboy10-4-14 039.jpg
    Playboy10-4-14 032.jpg
    familyRmJan2014able 005.jpg
    familyRmJan2014able 002.jpg
    familyRmJan2014 022.jpg
    familyRmJan2014 020.jpg
    familyRmJan2014 016.jpg
    familyRmJan2014 014.jpg
    familyRmJan2014 010.jpg
    familyRmJan2014 001.jpg
    TopCard11-10-13 146.jpg
    TopCard11-10-13 145.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Countdown is one of those games that, at first glance, you might write off as too simple. But, man is it addictive. Even though it is a solid state game you can convert it to chimes.
    After rebuilding the flippers,pop bumpers and installing new rubbers and a double waxing this game is super fast and powerful.You are right Mike,i can't stop playing this sensational Gottlieb drop target game lately.
    Not sure if i want to install a chime unit. I like the fact that a player can knock down three targets at one time or more very quickly and the game remembers to count them. I am thinking after i install a the chime unit it can not do this?

Why would you think that? We need a system 1 expert here, but I believe the chime unit goes in the normal spot where they had put a sound card board. How it is controlled, and if that would affect other features is where my limited knowledge ends.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I did it on a "Pinball Pool" I once owned. It had a softer sound than an EM with chimes, but was a vast improvement.

That would make sense. When you hear an electronic controlled chime box from that early Gottlieb solid state era, it sounds a bit clipped. The electrical pulse is likely much shorter than from a mechanically activated relay.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-a-4th-gameroom-to-the-house-this-new-year-2014?tu=stashyboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.