Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by tripp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

robinhood9a.JPG
    robinhood8.JPG
    robinhood4.JPG
    robinhood3.JPG
    robinhood2.JPG
    robinhood.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

Just got a new pin to join the others. It is a 1948 Gottlieb Lady Robin Hood woodrail. Backglass is perfect and the playfield looks fantastic for something that is 63 years old. I've always wanted a woodrail but never thought I'd come across one in this good shape. I'll need to clean and repaint the cabinet. Looks like a little kid scratched his name in the paint in a few spots and the paint around the flipper buttons is worn to the wood. This one has a timer in it (left over from the old days of batteries powering pinball machines) that will automatically shut the pin completely off after a time period has expired (disrupts the incoming AC line voltage). A few pics below:

robinhood.JPGrobinhood.JPG robinhood2.JPGrobinhood2.JPG robinhood3.JPGrobinhood3.JPG robinhood4.JPGrobinhood4.JPG robinhood8.JPGrobinhood8.JPG robinhood9a.JPGrobinhood9a.JPG

#2 12 years ago

It's AMAZING, who in 1948 would have thought that this machine would still be alive and kicking after 63 years. Nice find Half Life and here's to the next 63.

#3 12 years ago

Nice find
    colors look very bright was is a restoration?

#4 12 years ago

That's in amazingly nice condition.

#5 12 years ago

Thats absolutely gorgeous. Great find. Ive never played a machine that old and would loe to try te odd flippers.

#6 12 years ago

looks good

#7 12 years ago

Wow that was an excellant find!!! Didn't know they made pins back then that had play below the flippers like this one has. The playfield looks great, it had to be restored at sometime or another right? You've certainly got a keeper. The timer, can it be disconnected and re-wired to avoid shutdown or do you want to keep it as close as possible to original?

#8 12 years ago

Looks made to nudge!

#9 12 years ago

GREAT find! Loved seeing it here. My vote for pin of the week!

#10 12 years ago

Who knew Robin Hood was so foxy? I always thought he was a greasy looking dude like Kevin Costner or Russel Crowe.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Who knew Robin Hood was so foxy

Who knew Robin was a girl.......no wonder the men were merry!

#12 12 years ago

Thanks for the comments. The pin has not been restored and the playfield is as you see it. The colors are very bright as it sits but the playfield is a bit dirty. I plan to clean it with Novus2 and am sure it will really look good then. Some folks don't like these older pins as the game play is slow compared to more modern, complex pins. However, there is beauty in simplicity. I marvel at the inner workings of these pins.

This one will get some much deserved TLC; a good cleaning inside and out, new rubber rings and maybe a new paint job. Not sure if I want to go that far and change the character of the pin as it sits. I may flip this in the future but for now, it has a home.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

The timer, can it be disconnected and re-wired to avoid shutdown or do you want to keep it as close as possible to original?

The timer is mechanical so I'm not sure if it can be disabled without affecting the machine negatively. I have yet to "time" the timer but from my understanding is that once you activated the game on by inserting coins it stayed on more than long enough for you to complete a game. The feature was a holdover from the days when pins ran on batteries and needed to conserve that energy. After the timer expired the machine would turn itself off. Pretty cool actually.

#14 12 years ago

I want one! Nice find Half_Life...thanks for sharing the photos.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addiction-continues-new-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.