20130327_152455.jpg
DSC00889.JPG
DSC00888.JPG
image.jpg
AFMFIN_003.jpg
2011-06-09_17.18.10.jpg
2011-06-09_17.17.59.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I just wanted to show off my work! Let me know what you think!

2011-06-09_17.17.59.jpg2011-06-09_17.17.59.jpg 2011-06-09_17.18.10.jpg2011-06-09_17.18.10.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Looks Real good!

#3 12 years ago

Nice.

#4 12 years ago

I think the jets look great. Nice job!

#5 12 years ago

nice mod!

#6 12 years ago

Awesome, should came outta the factory like that

#7 12 years ago

That looks great you did an excellent job!!! Can they withstand a ball hit if need be in case the ball jumps a bit?

#8 12 years ago

Niiiiiice! You should put a couple of orange LED's in the ass to look like afterburners.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

That looks great you did an excellent job!!! Can they withstand a ball hit if need be in case the ball jumps a bit?

Yeah, they survive quite well. They shake around a bit of course, but I kinda like the effect!

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Niiiiiice! You should put a couple of orange LED's in the ass to look like afterburners.

It's on my list for the future!

#11 12 years ago

I like it a lot and it looks like one jet is peeling off to get Gen Yagov. Good work comrade!!!

#12 12 years ago

When I am done with my jet mod for AFM I'll show you what I did.

#13 12 years ago

Did you make the models yourself from a kit or are they metal, looks great by the way.

#14 12 years ago

Wow, I like the playfield - I can't remember seeing a F-14 playfield looking that Nice!!!! LEDs and a double JET Mod - AWESOME

I have only one Thought - coming from a person that LOVES F14-TOMCAT. It would ROCK if you could put them pointing in the direction that the balls come from the upperplayfield downward(Spinner to drain hole flow), even sweeter if you could somehow get them to be right above the balls natural flow.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I have only one Thought - coming from a person that LOVES F14-TOMCAT. It would ROCK if you could put them pointing in the direction that the balls come from the upperplayfield downward(Spinner to drain hole flow), even sweeter if you could somehow get them to be right above the balls natural flow.

I tried all different kinds of configurations, this one balanced out the playfield best and allowed ample room for the jets. The upper playfield on this machine is a little crowded. The kill flasher in the radar also lights the jets up nicely whenever you get Yagov!

Also, If you look closely, they are in line with the aircraft carrier, like they just went gear up after their catapault launch!

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from Leigh:

Did you make the models yourself from a kit or are they metal, looks great by the way.

They are little 1/144 scale minicraft kits that I built!

http://www.amazon.com/Minicraft-Models-F-14A-Tomcat-Scale/dp/B003EV6XKI

10 months later
#17 11 years ago

These look really cool. how/what did you secure them to?

#18 11 years ago

Next step needs to be a MiG to put over the Yagov shot

#19 11 years ago

Nice work, the planes look great!

F14 is a hard game. When we got the first ones in, we were like WTF is this??

Steve Ritchie did a great job with the very original layout. Although I feel we are privileged that Stern is still making games, I don't think we will ever see another layout again like that.

#20 11 years ago

Top Gun reviewed by Tarantino:

#21 11 years ago

I think it looks great. Good mod to that game. Almost starting to look like airborne =-)

#22 11 years ago

Looks cool! I think I might try to do something like that to mine. Good job.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

what was that movie called. I remember it. He goes off about over a couple different scenes. Classic. I haven't seen it since 99 or something. I remember ol Eric Stoltz (I call em Stoltzie) was it. Cult classic.

#24 11 years ago

Top Gun.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Haven't laughed harder in a review for a loooong time.

Swordfight!!!!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from mattmain:

what was that movie called.

"Sleep With Me" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111218/

5 months later
#27 11 years ago

Nice addition!

4 months later
#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I just wanted to show off my work! Let me know what you think!

Digging up an old thread here, but how did the models (of the f-14's) get mounted on the playfield?

#29 11 years ago

When I am done with my jet mod for AFM I'll show you what I did.

Here are the ones I added to mine, I removed the center one and put it on the Glare Guard.

AFMFIN_003.jpgAFMFIN_003.jpg

#30 11 years ago

I guess I was more or less asking what kind of mounting post was used to attach the plane to the playfield... it looks like the OP used some kind of a flattened bracket, maybe? Not sure...

#31 11 years ago

Looks like a piece of rigid wire wrapped around the post nut and shoved up the tailpipe.

I put an F-14 on my PF but was a bit more conservative and mounted on the shooter lane just up on the wire rails. I'll post a pic in a bit when I get some time to myself.

#32 11 years ago

I placed my jet mod in the top right of the PF. I bought a hot wheels or matchbox model and mounted it with a small piece of plumbers wire strapping.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#33 11 years ago

Actually just pm-ed with the OP. He used landing gear wire purchased from a radio controlled plane hobby shop.

#34 11 years ago

Actually just pm-ed with the OP. He used landing gear wire purchased from a radio controlled plane hobby shop.

Oooo never would have thought of that one.

Here is my F-14... Now I am not normally one to put toys on a PF as a mod, but I had this F-14 by accident. (Note to self: When looking at something on Amazon you may be interested in, save it in your wishlist and not in your cart. Otherwise if you do one click buy on a bottle of Brillianteze, you may get a prize.....)

DSC00888.JPGDSC00888.JPG DSC00889.JPGDSC00889.JPG

#35 11 years ago

Looks great... I like it!

#36 11 years ago

I put a bass shaker in my F-14. Try that out.

#37 11 years ago

here are pics of my mounting method.

20130327_152455.jpg20130327_152455.jpg 20130327_152548.jpg20130327_152548.jpg

#38 11 years ago

@ Kneissl...Bass shaker? what is that?

#40 11 years ago

Yes, what sprout linked. you'll need some kind of amp.. it's pretty badass

3 months later
#41 10 years ago

I am so trying this. The F14 models are $7 shipped right now here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EV6XKI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

That bass mod sounds like an awesome idea too. Are there details anywhere detailing how to rig something like that up?

1 week later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/added-jets-to-my-f-14-tomcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.