• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by smokedog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170427_193112 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mehoff88.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys and gals. I recently just took my Ghostbusters Pro to my restaurant so other people can enjoy it(for a dollar a game of course. This is my first time putting any kind of game machine in my restaurant. Is there any suggestions/criticisms I should be aware of? The only thing I did was put a sign on it saying keep drinks and food of the pinball table.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Make sure you have all cliffy's installed as well as any and all plastic protectors as well as Mylar protecting any heavily ball travelled areas on the playfield. Since the game is now "on location" it will get more heavily used so you want to protect the machine as much as you can.
Also, I would be sure and clean/wax the playfield regularly. Do a search for vid's guide if you haven't bookmarked it already!!
Hope this helps! And good luck!

Thanks, I will definitely look into getting those. Depending on games played, I will clean/wax it monthly.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Coinbox pinball podcast has some good info. Tony & Chris haven't been as active lately but lots of relevant info and they'll probably respond to an email.
tsskinne is a hobby operator, he would probably have some good input.
Pingulps are great so people have someplace to put their drinks. Pinball Life carries them. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=204&pg=1
Extra rubbers and Novus 1 should be on hand. You don't want your game down for a couple days waiting on a flipper rubber.
Be prepared to fix it or know someone who can. A broken game is a bad experience. A well cared for game tells your patrons you take care of the details throughout your operation.
Selfie leagues can help generate interest. Even a weekly high score reset, maybe a congratulations email or social media post to the weekly high score might be helpful.

Do you think it would be a good idea to just not have pingulps at all? I say that because I would rather not have any drinks around the table just in case.
Stern recommends to use Novus 2, should I do 1 instead? I have seen a lot of people go back and forth with which one to use.
Thank you for the tips.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mehoff88.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/added-first-pin-to-my-business?tu=mehoff88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.