Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
20150912_155619.jpg
20150912_155601_001.jpg
20150912_092807.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Thanks to Pinsider "PTHermes" for all the brain power he put into designing a shaker motor kit for Baywatch. Imagine 6-ball multiball with the shaker rumbling with every pop bumper hit - especially since the balls feed to the pops.

Baywatch is already a fully loaded pin and adding a shaker really takes it up a notch in fun factor. My wife loves Baywatch and she was so thrilled when the game shook in the pops. Also shakes in the Shark Hole and making other shots...but the pops are the tops.

Worked on a few other little mods for Baywatch today. Went back to incandescents in the slings and drain lanes, added LED strip behind the shack and under the truck in the right corner. Also painted the guard shack.

20150912_092807.jpg20150912_092807.jpg

20150912_155601_001.jpg20150912_155601_001.jpg

20150912_155619.jpg20150912_155619.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Thanks for the compliments on the kit.
If anyone else is interested in one, I have parts to build a few more. Please PM me and we can discuss.

1 week later
#4 8 years ago

Got my shaker today from Paul. It will be my first game with a shaker in it.

#6 8 years ago

Some bw came from factory with a shaker . I believe it was ones made for Japan market .

2 weeks later
#7 8 years ago

Got my shaker from paul and it's really nice, very well put together. I had it installed in less than an hour. Unfortunately for me, the transistor on my main driver board that controls solenoid 15 is blown so I will now need to replace it before the shaker will work...sigh. Never replaced a transistor before, or done any board work, but will be fun learning. Paul is top notch with support.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Some bw came from factory with a shaker . I believe it was ones made for Japan market .

I have a Japenese reimport Baywatch, but no shaker.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my shaker from paul and it's really nice, very well put together. I had it installed in less than an hour. Unfortunately for me, the transistor on my main driver board that controls solenoid 15 is blown so I will now need to replace it before the shaker will work...sigh. Never replaced a transistor before, or done any board work, but will be fun learning. Paul is top notch with support.

Its not bad

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I have a Japenese reimport Baywatch, but no shaker.

Ill have to find where I read that at maybe it was the samples

#11 8 years ago

bigd1979 - how do you know? It may be something else on Lermods, but on my machine it was bad.

#12 8 years ago

This is the only post I've seen with a factory installed shaker, it is disclosed as a Japan re-import:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1995-sega-baywatch-with-shaker-motor-2000-green-bay-wi#post-2318889

This pinsider was nice enough to let me know which Solenoid triggered the motor on his unit (#15) and even though the US ROM has it labeled as 'not used' it does work in diagnostics and game play for version 4.0 with a date of May 9, 1995.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

bigd1979 - how do you know? It may be something else on Lermods, but on my machine it was bad.

Sorry meant not bad or difficult to replace

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Easy to replace a transistor. Use a desolderer to remove the bad transistor then solder the new one in place - only two legs to solder and the transistor is larger enough where it's not hard to do.

#15 8 years ago

Thanks. Ill be working on this tomorrow. Really hope it is the transistor. I know the shaker works as I hooked it to solenoid 16 to test and it fires and then I hooked what was on 16 to 15 (target bank reset) and it was dead. I guess the only other thing it could be is the resistor.

The actual removal and install of the transistor is only a few mins and im pretty god with an iron.. Its the removal of a 20 year old board that is my only concern as I dont want to damage connectors or wires or cause solder joints elsewhere to open up.there are also two ribbon cables to remove and those can be fragile.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Easy to replace a transistor. Use a desolderer to remove the bad transistor then solder the new one in place - only two legs to solder and the transistor is larger enough where it's not hard to do.

3 legs my friend . The hardest part is making sure u dont use to much or to little heat bc u dont wanna lift traces

#17 8 years ago

So I set out this morning to get this thing working. I removed the connectors and take the board out, no issues. Test the transistor in question with my meter, checks out fine according to specs and matches what the other transistors near it show...WTF?? Check bridge behind it and the resistor behind it and they also check out good, WTF??

Go over to the game and look at the connector and the seating of the wire. Using a paper clip, put it in the end where the pin would go and using my meter touched the clip with one probe and the other probe on the end of the wire in the connector...nothing...no continuity. Pushed and squeezed on the connector, check for continuity again, BAM, got it. Put board back in, put all the connectors back on, turn game on, I hear a pop and it starts smoking (just kidding!)

Put the game in test mode, tested coil 15 and holy crap, it's alive. After all that, it was just a poor seating of the wire in the connector. I spent an hour last night practicing removing transistors from an old stereo receiver board...at least I learned a lot as I had never removed a board before, let alone put an iron to one.

As for game play, this thing rocks! It's active in the pops, but also quite a bit throughout the game, I know for sure its active going through switches on a couple of ramps.

Highly recommend this thing. Install is an hour if you know how to seat a wire in a connector properly...lol.

Offending connector below...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#18 8 years ago

Glad it was just a wire for you! The shaker is awesome and adding it makes this Baywatch LE.

1 month later
#19 8 years ago

OK Guys - I have (2) kits left, if anyone other Baywatchers are still interested please PM me. The kit is $130 plus shipping (which is $11.65 USPS for the lower 48 states).

For anyone interested please PM an email address and I will send a PDF of the install instructions, and you will understand better what the kits includes.

Thanks,
Paul

2 months later
#20 8 years ago

Is there a video out there to show how it works on the machine?

#21 8 years ago

Are any kits left? I have a B.W. and woukd love a shaker on it !!!!!!!!

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoodspeed:

Is there a video out there to show how it works on the machine?

How do you show a video of a shaker working? Just know that it works and is well integrated. It's not overwhelming, but it's nice, most active in the pops

1 week later
#23 8 years ago

I looked on youtube for the video of shaker, nothing out there that I saw.. Could someone make a video of their shaker rockin ?

#24 8 years ago

Sorry there is nothing to see, it is all about feel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 22.50
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/added-a-shaker-to-baywatch-wow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.