Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1275.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

I am starting to shop out and fix up my Addams family. The upper playfield is really dark especially the corners. I don't really find any good mods to light them up. I was thinking about the little spot lights like I saw at the pinball museum in Las Vegas. Anyone got any good suggestions?

#3 6 years ago

I'm doing the same to mine.....would also like to see what people suggest (I bought a pair of spotlights but not sure where to mount them)

#4 6 years ago

Just add some spots on the swamp facing back. It looks great like that.

#5 6 years ago

These work like a champ! I can play in a completely dark room now! Here's a before & after shot.

image.jpg image.jpg

#6 6 years ago

It is a little difficult to see exactly what you did. Would you mind a detailed xplanation. Definitely quite an improvement

#7 6 years ago

I did one behind Fester's chair and one behind the swamp. Don't show much and really light up the back corners.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Johntraw:

It is a little difficult to see exactly what you did. Would you mind a detailed xplanation. Definitely quite an improvement

2 spots below the drains on 1" posts,& 1 up above the swamp on a 2 1/2" post.

#9 6 years ago

Just put a spot light just above the swamp that shines on the bookcase last week.
It is nice to be able to see my books sticker now. It really lights up a dark area of the game.

IMG_1275.JPG

#10 6 years ago

I'm working on this as well. So far I have added the backboard decal which is glossy and reflects a little bit of the ambient light. I also wired in a spotlight right above the upper flipper as other people have shown. I used a white Ablaze 3 led wedge and it lights up the bookcase nicely. A regular 555 also works but the blue led that I tried messed with my eyes.

It's still dark in the back left corner and I haven't tried anything yet. Maybe attaching a spotlight to the ramp or behind the chair as terryb suggested.

#11 6 years ago

When you refer to adding a spotlight are you using a typical lamp socket ? Also are you soldering into an existing lamp ?
Thanks Jeff

#12 6 years ago

The one in my photo above is a black spotlight socket. And yes, you just need to run the wires to an existing GI socket.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Radford, VA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside