Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by anonymatt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

How can I go about making TAF a bit harder? I have only had the game a few weeks and game times are just way too long. I had never played it really before, but scores on default settings are already at 700 million. I have the outlanes wide open. could it be slings are too weak?

#2 3 years ago

Make sure the pitch is set between 6.5-7, wax the playfield to it plays smooth and fast, disable ball save, disable extra ball on replays. Hell, I even disable extra balls, period, on my machines, they are only worth points.

#3 3 years ago

Messing with the swamp kickout power to make it hard to control can help. Also eliminating the holding up the mini-flipper to an easy trap on the left would be nice, but I'm not sure how an adjustment like that could be made.

#4 3 years ago

Fiddle with the chair eject so it shoots hard to the flipper with spin and it'll make it much harder. Mine is difficult to catch. It originally would just dribble out to the flipper.

#5 3 years ago

It's never going to be a hard game no matter what. Once you master the shot up the bear ramp and into the chair, you've mastered the game and you'll be touring the mansion every game...it's why i sold it, just too easy. That said, it's a really fun game and the call outs are among the best of any game.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Make sure the pitch is set between 6.5-7, wax the playfield to it plays smooth and fast, disable ball save, disable extra ball on replays. Hell, I even disable extra balls, period, on my machines, they are only worth points.

Addams Family has no ball save.
Well it does if you score zero points. Lol
But yes we keep all extra balls off on our game. Otherwise you could play all day.

#7 3 years ago

Change it to a one ball game instead of three.

#8 3 years ago

Wow,i must be retarded!! When a super seyonce goes off,and your in multyball fighting thing flips,and trying to knock three times as well??Completing the mansion ho hum??700 mil??? Wow,i Must be retarded!!

#9 3 years ago

Get an EM, much shorter ball time!!

#10 3 years ago

Open the lanes, get the pitch steep...go into the settings and have the Thing lights start off.

#11 3 years ago

If your flipper rubbers are black or "super", changing them to red rubbers will make it much more challenging to control. Turning off extra balls is also a good option.

Increasing sensitivity of the pops and slings may help.

I'd go through the kickout mechs to make sure they are as strong as possible.

You could replace the black post sleeves on either side of the chair hole with thicker and bouncier yellow rubber post sleeves, and/or add a cliffy to make the shot harder.

Adjusting flipper alignment to a lower position could make traps and bear-ramp-backhands much harder.

Red spring in plunger would make skill shot much harder.

You could remove the outlane post on the left completely..

Or just swap in some lightning flippers!

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Vanapult:

If your flipper rubbers are black or "super", changing them to red rubbers will make it much more challenging to control. Turning off extra balls is also a good option.
Increasing sensitivity of the pops and slings may help.
I'd go through the kickout mechs to make sure they are as strong as possible.
You could replace the black post sleeves on either side of the chair hole with thicker and bouncier yellow rubber post sleeves, and/or add a cliffy to make the shot harder.
Adjusting flipper alignment to a lower position could make traps and bear-ramp-backhands much harder.
Red spring in plunger would make skill shot much harder.
You could remove the outlane post on the left completely..
Or just swap in some lightning flippers!

+1 on the post rubbers under chair. Heck, even putting on new post rubber will make it a much less forgiving of a shot.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wow,i must be retarded!! When a super seyonce goes off,and your in multyball fighting thing flips,and trying to knock three times as well??Completing the mansion ho hum??700 mil??? Wow,i Must be retarded!!

hehe.... I was thinking the same...

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

How can I go about making TAF a bit harder? I have only had the game a few weeks and game times are just way too long. I had never played it really before, but scores on default settings are already at 700 million. I have the outlanes wide open. could it be slings are too weak?

Try playing with the glass on!

#15 3 years ago

Do the magnets work?

#16 3 years ago

Thanks for all the responses! I have it set to 6.8 degrees. It just seems i get very little side drains, almost all ball losses come from sdtm. I do have super bands on it, so may try and remove those for good old red rubber. I can hit the bear kick ramp all day from either flipper, and pretty much get tour the mansion every game. The default settings have way too many extra balls, so going to turn those off.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Thanks for all the responses! I have it set to 6.8 degrees. It just seems i get very little side drains, almost all ball losses come from sdtm. I do have super bands on it, so may try and remove those for good old red rubber.

How about good old WHITE rubber?

Ever hear of it?

#18 3 years ago

No Extra balls, tight tilt (One fast move allowed), drop the front legs and raise the back legs to the max. But the thing (no pun intended) that will really make this game a son of a bitch is removing the outlane posts. Took my scores from 300+ average to lucky to get 100mil.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How about good old WHITE rubber?
Ever hear of it?

I think he's referring to his flipper rubbers. Ever hear of rude mode? You could try adjusting it to less frequent.

@forensic,
Addams is the only game that I have traded that I do not hope to own again. It is definitely a great game but is too easy, IMO. You can try nerfing it as others have mentioned but will that make it more fun?

#20 3 years ago

The easiest way to make it harder is to play someone else's.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

It just seems i get very little side drains, almost all ball losses come from sdtm.

Maybe your sling switch gaps are too far apart. Or the coils need cleaning.
Because mine are very sensitive and will sling the ball lightning fast down an outlane, no questions asked.

#22 3 years ago

Agreed. At least half my drains are in the outlanes. I do get to Tour The Mansion every three games or so. I am thinking of changing the settings, going from middle to hardest outlanes and resetting the high scores.

There are a lot of extra balls in this game:
Mansion award
Tour the Mansion
4 Train wrecks
15 (or whatever) bear kicks
50 bear kicks

#23 3 years ago

First thing to do is disable Swamp lock. In fact the lock and multiball settings should be set to hard.

Disable the setting where the 3 Million Mansion award gives another Mansion award too.

Is your chair scoop hole worn ? If so, fit a Cliffy.
I had a worn playfield in my Addams when I got it and I could barely miss the Chair Scoop. When I put a new playfield in it it became MUCH more difficult to hit.

Are all three of the Power magnets working properly ?

#24 3 years ago

Remove outlane posts altogether and install lightning flippers. Then report back.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Hey, you forgot "remove the flippers"

#26 3 years ago

I don't find TAF to be too easy at all, nor too difficult. It is a very well rounded game that never gets old to me.

#27 3 years ago

**in re-reading the thread I see that Vanapult already said everything I posted, sorry about that!*****

It's weird that you don't get many outlane drains as I get plenty of those on mine. Anyway, obviously a lot of the difficulty in Addam's family depends on how hard it is to hit the chair and how severely you are punished for missing it. For whatever reason, even after a thousand games on mine I can still struggle to hit the chair at times and a miss can be an instant drain. I think PAPA does something with the posts around the chair to make it a little narrower opening, maybe try that? Also, as mentioned above, make sure you have a cliffy installed as it does narrow it a bit (IMO).

#28 3 years ago

Hmm weird, I find hitting the chair on a worn out playfield harder than on one with a Cliff. I've had both and find hitting with the Cliffs easier but way nicer looking. I like the idea of changing some settings to hard but I'm not sure I like disabling extra balls. That's one of my favorite call outs in all of pinball "Extra ball, I have a whole bucket full"

#29 3 years ago

It's actually "Keep the ball, I have a whole bucket full."

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

I don't find TAF to be too easy at all, nor too difficult. It is a very well rounded game that never gets old to me.

Completely agree,I couldn't part with mine.

#31 3 years ago

Turn off mode start from right scoop. Granted, I don't think this happens too much.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside