2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pbjksb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Addams family THING lights does not advance beyond letter I, meaning N and G does not come on even though it’s suppose to when ball goes lands on ball hole front to THING box. Hand does come out and grabs the ball without issue. What should I check first? I am novice with fixing pinball. Thanks in advance.

#2 2 years ago

Are you sure the lights work?

#3 2 years ago

I tested the lights and they all work.

#4 2 years ago

The only other thing I would check is the saucer switch to make sure it is working 100%.
    Other than that maybe something is wrong with your game rom or cpu

#5 2 years ago

Remove the glass and start a game and put the ball in the thing saucer several times to make sure it works and see if the thing lites advance.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from bballfan:

Remove the glass and start a game and put the ball in the thing saucer several times to make sure it works and see if the thing lites advance.

Yes, I tried that but N & G does not light up. I guess I need to check the switch and use test mode to check the switch. But if there is a fault with the switch, what's the next move? Thanks for all your help

#7 2 years ago

Does the ball kick out or hand retrieve it soon after it goes in the saucer?

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from bballfan:

Does the ball kick out or hand retrieve it soon after it goes in the saucer?

I don't remember but when I get home after work, I will see what it does. My recollection is that ball kicked out or hand grabbed the ball but not sure what did first. Thank you.

#9 2 years ago

It sounds like the switch does register.
    It should just kick out the ball each time until Thing is completed.
    Then Thing steals the ball into the box but then puts it back into the saucer after Gomez tells him no.

Go into single lamp test and see if those lights work correctly.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from bballfan:

It sounds like the switch does register.
    It should just kick out the ball each time until Thing is completed.
    Then Thing steals the ball into the box but then puts it back into the saucer after Gomez tells him no.
    Go into single lamp test and see if those lights work correctly.

I did not do single lamp test but I did all lights test and THING lights all came on. Thank you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-thing-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.