Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PinZig
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

when thing flip is activated the ball goes up the ramp and straight passed the flipper without it even trying to flip any help would be great

#2 11 years ago

Is the ball on these tracked by an eddy sensor? If so, it's worth looking under the PF and making sure it's adjusted correctly. They're a doddle to do, just turn the pot anti-clockwise until the led light comes on, and then back it off just enough for the light to go back out again.

Now, if you roll a ball over the PF point where it is, the light should come back on.

#3 11 years ago

There is an opto just above the upper left flipper. I'd check that as well as making sure you went through the thing flips setup. This is described in the manual.

#4 11 years ago

Have changed both opto sensors above the flipper has made no difference and went brought the manual still no good when in switch test it doesn't work when the ball or my finger goes past he opto I visually checked the opto board all looks ok to a novice

#5 11 years ago

Have you followed the manual for setup? Is it deactivated in settings?

#6 11 years ago

Good point, TaylorVA... it could be deactivated in the settings..

#7 11 years ago

1) Check to make sure it's not deactivated.

2) Test opto in switch test.

3) Test other ramp switches in switch test.

If you're not getting the "let's go thing" callout after hitting the ramp then it's not activating.

#8 11 years ago

Thanks for your replies
I reset thing cannot find any way of deactivating the thing flip so assume it is on
The opto is not working is open when in test mode I have changed the optos above the ramp they have power to them but still not working
all the other ramp switches are ok
Any help greatly appreciated my first pinball so may have missed something simple thanks again

#9 11 years ago

I am getting the thing flips light flashing when I hit the lane switch but it does not say let's go thing hope this helps

#10 11 years ago

Check the upper right floating switch mounted to the ramp. It will have a protector mounted over it. It's right before the diverter.

3 months later
#11 10 years ago

Thanks for the responses changed the optos again everything works great

1 year later
#12 9 years ago

Wanted to add another troubleshooting step and update this thread for folks like me who googled the issue: Check your ribbon cables.
I had the diverter work for Thing Flips, but no "Let's Go Thing" and no Thing Flips.
This was just after I had worked on the power board due to a melted connector for one of the GI circuits.
I discovered that the ribbon cable from the audio board was loose. Probably became unseated when I moved the DMD to get to the power board.
Anyway . . . I reseated that ribbon cable, and double checked all other ribbon cables . . . and presto . . . "Let's Go Thing" and Thing Flips works again!

#13 9 years ago

Mine had the same problem
Flipper switch , tip was broken off

New switch and all fixed

3 months later
#14 8 years ago

Dear, i have a problem with my new adams family buy (what a game!!!). whether i hit thing flips, or manage to go up the right ramp, the diverter stays in the same position and keeps sending my ball down the standard bear ramp (and not the left ramp). THis has happened since an "energetic shot/ball" hit a few things arund the left ramp. I can't see what has changed - a setting, a switch? thanks for giving me any advice as to what you think. Normally i have just bought it and it was revamped so i'm not thinking it's a failure of a key element rather than a switch or something that has been locked down and stops the diverter from going to the left ramp.... if you have any recommendations (and as i am new any precise help is really appreciated)

thanks!!

#15 8 years ago

Mine was like this when I first bought it. Check the switch at the top of the Bear Kick ramp. (The one attached across the top of the ramp.) Remove the pf glass and roll the ball through during game play to see if it registers. If it doesn't, it could be broken, loose wire, need adjustment, etc. The wire form for the switch on mine had popped off and just needed to be reattached properly. Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 180.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-thing-flips-doesnt-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.