(Topic ID: 107270)

Addams Family (TAF) strange 6Mil mansion behaviour (also lights 3Mil)

By mima

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mima
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lampmatrix.PNG
#1 9 years ago

I have a TAF acting up, in fact just recently started to. When achieving the 6 Million at Manison the 3 Million lamp always lit as well (but the points are not awarded). When completing the tour the 3Mil lamp is never rewarded (point wise) if 6Mil was taken prior to 3Mil. No other mansion achievements seems to be affected in any order.

In short:
6Mil always lights 3Mil to (but no 3Mil points awarded)
3Mil (and all other mansion lamps) only award it self (works as intended).
If 6Mil was awarded prior to 3Mil the complete Tour is made without achieving 3Mil

6Mil & 3Mil is neither in the same Row or Column in the matrix.

lampmatrix.PNGlampmatrix.PNG

What? How!? Why? Gah! Argh!

Please enlighten me...

Cheers
/Micael

Post edited by mima: Added Lamp matrix

#2 9 years ago

From the rulesheet:
Mansion: 3 Million: Awards 3 million, and on normal settings, spots the 6M mansion room if it has not yet been collected. For the purposes of end-of-ball bonus, the spotting of the 6M panel by this award is not considered to be an earned mansion room.
Mansion: 6 Million
Awards 6 million points. On normal difficulty settings, it also spots the 3M mansion room if it has not yet been awarded.

So it looks like normal behaviour to me. Maybe you recently changed one of te difficulty settings.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from KoP:

From the rulesheet:
Mansion: 3 Million: Awards 3 million, and on normal settings, spots the 6M mansion room if it has not yet been collected. For the purposes of end-of-ball bonus, the spotting of the 6M panel by this award is not considered to be an earned mansion room.
Awards 6 million points. On normal difficulty settings, it also spots the 3M mansion room if it has not yet been awarded.
So it looks like normal behaviour to me. Maybe you recently changed one of te difficulty settings.

Thanks your the reply, but maybe I was not clear or I do not understand your answer.
(Correct me if I am wrong). By 'spot' we are talking When awarded 6Mil the next light that lights up (blinking) for next award when chair is yellow again is 3Mil?

That is not the Behavior my TAF is showing, when earning 6Mil you automatically earn 3Mil at the same time (but are not awarded the 3Mil points). In other words it lights up solid (not flashing) at the same time as 6Mil is awarded and a 3rd 'random' room in the mansion is spoted (starts flashing). And this does not happen in the reverse order 3Mil gives 6Mil.

Or have I misunderstood the term 'spot' in this context?
Cheers
/Micael

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from KoP:

From the rulesheet:

Your feed back made me dig deeper into the manual and I found this description.

A.2 26 Tour the Mansion Difficulty
When set to "Medium", the 3 Million and 6 Million Mansion windows will both light when either is hit. When set to "Hard", each of the windows must be earned independently.

I shall further investigate this when i get back to my TAF, if i have accidentally changed the difficulty level of the game. However the quote above states that either should be lit if the other is achieved. In my case it only happens when 6Mil is earned (and 3 still is up for grabs) and not when the 3Mil lits (and 6mil is up for grabs).

That is strange in the context.
/Micael

#5 9 years ago

I checked it on my TAF and you are right, it's not normal.
It could be a RAM or ROM issue. You could do a factory reset, that clears the ROM (and your high scores...) and try again on factory settings.

#6 9 years ago

It clears the RAM, not the ROM.....

#7 9 years ago

Maybe i should try that. I actually found that the pin some how was set to medium difficulty at mansion. I set it back to high and then that "issue" disappeared. However I got "check flipper switches error" i did that all was fine. But when I started playing some how now the upper flippers react before the lower flippers (it should be the other way around) I am confused...

Factory reset it is... :/

Cheers
/M

#8 9 years ago

I have the same behavior on medium.

#9 9 years ago

If the upper flippers react before the bottom, check your switch stacks. That sounds like a mechanical issue, not software.

#10 9 years ago

Just a Quick note: I adjusted the flipper button switches some more, but the issue still persisted.
After a few cold-starts it was gone (no reset has been made)

Wierd, but solved..

/mima

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,159.00
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-taf-strange-6mil-mansion-behaviour-also-lights-3mil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.