(Topic ID: 227305)

Addams Family Swamp Lock Light not Lighting

By fatality83

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatality83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have an Addams family that the swamp lock light is not lighting. I was shopping the game out and replacing bulbs with LED's when I noticed it. I triend swapping in different known working bulbs and I got nothing. I took my multi meter and put the game into bulb test mode where they blink on and off. I put one of the multi meter leads on either lug with the wires. I got 5 volts then it dropped down, then it went back up to five like it was blinking on and off. I noticed if I take the one leg of the multi meter and stick it through the one lug and touch the bottom of the bulb base with the same meter prong it turns on and blinks with the rest of the bulbs. ( i believe it the ground lug, its the closet one to the base of the bulb) Its basically jumping the power from the lug to the bottom of the base of the socket and that made it work like it should. I tried swiveling the bul base, bending it slightly ect, jiggling wires and what not and I cannot get it to work. The only way it did work was by jumping the lug to the base. Any ideas where to start to try to figure this issue out. I am assuming the light is getting power and ground since I get 5 volts on the multi meter and it does work when I jump bulb base. Does this mean my socket is bad or maybe the diode?

#3 5 years ago

Is this the one I need. The manual says its part number a-11271. Can't find anything with that part number but this looks similar https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-11754

#5 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. Just wanted to update, I did get it working. Turns out the diode was bad. Now my multi meter, a Fluke 110 plus doesn't have a diode tester on it for some reason so I wasn't able to test it so I just found a spare n4004 diode I had laying in my tool box and cut the old one out and soldered this one in. The light started working again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
Other
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
16,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatality83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-swamp-lock-light-not-lighting?tu=fatality83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.