(Topic ID: 62227)

Addams Family sightings in the wild...(where did you find it)

By drsfmd

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PC-Pin-NC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

22 years after its release, I'd guess that most of the Addams Family machines have been squirreled away into personal collections. But with over 20,000 of them made, there must still be plenty of examples on routes in the wild. Let's find them...

I'll start... There's one at the Fun World Arcade in Lake George, NY. Condition is atriocious and it's barely playable. Top right flipper doesn't work at all, the Thing flipper is too weak to get the ball across the playfield. Horrible wear to the playfield and it doesn't look like it's ever been waxed.

Edit: According to the map, there's one at a bar about 10 minutes from my house. I've been there before, and never noticed ANY pins there... maybe time for a visit to see if I missed them before.

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

22 years after its release, I'd guess that most of the Addams Family machines have been squirreled away into personal collections. But with over 20,000 of them made, there must still be plenty of examples on routes in the wild. Let's find them...
I'll start... There's one at the Fun World Arcade in Lake George, NY. Condition is atriocious and it's barely playable. Top right flipper doesn't work at all, the Thing flipper is too weak to get the ball across the playfield. Horrible wear to the playfield and it doesn't look like it's ever been waxed.

There have still been several on route in Minnesota in recent years. Currently, SS Billiards has a TAFG, Blainbrook Bowl, Mortimer's, 3 squares, Biff's, Drkulas and Rogers 18 Theater have a TAF. Within the last couple of years, our local movie theater, Woodbury 10 and local pizza place, DeLeo Bros Pizza also had TAFs.

#3 10 years ago

There's one here local that gets moved around. Last time I saw it was at a bar called The Gypsy. Along with AC/DC pro,& Taxi.

#4 10 years ago

I know I saw one at Seaside Heights on the boardwalk earlier this the summer.

#5 10 years ago

I went to play one in a bar in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin. Sorry but I don't remember the name of the place but I could probably find it again. It was the type of bar where people who live close enough to go there would be the only ones that would ever go there. It played OK but a little rough around the edges. Owner wanted $3500 for it.

#6 10 years ago

I played my first at the Silverball Museum on the Asbury Park, NJ boardwalk this summer.

#7 10 years ago

There is one in the game room on the pier in Rodanthe NC. There is also a LOTR.
There is another TAF in Grande NC at flippers.

#8 10 years ago

1-Up in Denver has one. So does 2-Up. Lyons arcade has one also. Go Colorado!

I can't believe the Where to Play page doesn't let you search by title. Or is there a way to do it that I'm missing?

#9 10 years ago

The New Great Valley Lanes in North Versailles, PA has one in very good shape

As well as Games N 'At on the South Side. Haven't seen that one in about a year, so i cant comment on condition

#10 10 years ago

There is one in great condition at the Pizza place here in St. Charles MN.

#11 10 years ago

The Family Fun Center in Rochester has one on the floor. I always stop and play since it's on Free Play and I also played one in small town pizza joint last week. I was really surprised to see one there. I played one at a Bar/Restaurant last month also. So that is 3 different ones I've played on route lately.

#12 10 years ago

I found one in a hole in the wall convenience store in Phoenix, Az while working 6 months back. It was turned off and I asked the guy if it worked and he said yeah but they only turned it on when someone asked about it. He said there was one guy that came in all the time and just played the hell out of it and basically it sat turned off most of the time. The game was beaten to hell, but worked well. What a waste. I think the store name was N Food Mart.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Gomer1969:

There is one in great condition at the Pizza place here in St. Charles MN.

That would be the one I played. We were camping at Whitewater State Park and headed into St Charles for pizza one night. It was a nice surprise to play some pinball on the camping trip.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

The Family Fun Center in Rochester has one on the floor. I always stop and play since it's on Free Play and I also played one in small town pizza joint last week. I was really surprised to see one there. I played one at a Bar/Restaurant last month also. So that is 3 different ones I've played on route lately.

Speaking of free play, the apartment building my brother just moved into in St. Paul has a gameroom with TAF in it and it is on free play. Forgot about that.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from r6emperor:

The New Great Valley Lanes in North Versailles, PA has one in very good shape

With the exceptions of the strange blue powder coated rails which make me sick just looking at it.

There is a really nice one at the Tiki Lounge in the Southside of Pittsburgh.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

1-Up in Denver has one. So does 2-Up. Lyons arcade has one also. Go Colorado!
I can't believe the Where to Play page doesn't let you search by title. Or is there a way to do it that I'm missing?

You have to go to the title first in the Archive, then click on Owners and Wishers, which will launch the Pin Map with a column on where to play that particular machine. Here's the page for Addams:
http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/addams-family/owners

#17 10 years ago

I played one a week or two ago in an arcade on Granville st in vancouver .

#18 10 years ago

O.D. Arcade and Lounge in North Myrtle Beach, SC has one. At least they did when I was on vacation there last year. They also had a TZ.

#19 10 years ago

We've got one in B-side arcade in Cleveland Heights, set at 3/$1. God bless Cliffy; he makes it so we can put those out without worry of horrible wear.

#20 10 years ago

Just found one yesterday at 02s Lounge in downtown Edmonton.

#21 10 years ago

There is one in Fort Wane IN at a truck stop. It was off last time I stopped there.

#22 10 years ago

if you look at the pinball map, taf is in 713 collections and 314 out in the wild. you do know about the pin map, right? I added all the taf's i've found on there.

#23 10 years ago

I own one, but I have only seen one in the wild recently. There's an arcade about ten minutes from me called Timeline Arcade that has a lot of "retro" pinballs (especially B/W). They switch up their lineup pretty often though. They had a TAF on location for a while but it was completely trashed. The plunger could just barely get the ball to the swamp, and it had the weakest flippers I have ever experienced. The ball never, EVER made it to the upper half of the playfield. Broke my heart! Makes me treasure mine even more knowing that there are very few out there in decent condition anymore!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

if you look at the pinball map, taf is in 713 collections and 314 out in the wild. you do know about the pin map, right? I added all the taf's i've found on there.

The totality of that map accounts for a little more than 5% of the TAFs built. The pinball world doesn't end at pinside.

#25 10 years ago

We had 1 at Cee Cee's Pizza. I enjoyed it for only 4 months then it was pulled.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

The totality of that map accounts for a little more than 5% of the TAFs built. The pinball world doesn't end at pinside.

I never said the world ended at pinside. I offered up the map and the numbers for use however onen sees fit and with the hope that people would add to the map.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

With the exceptions of the strange blue powder coated rails which make me sick just looking at it.
There is a really nice one at the Tiki Lounge in the Southside of Pittsburgh.

Hmmmm, I think it looks great as it is my game. Also have had countless people ask me to powder coat their games that color specifically. I like it you don't, as long as the people playing it like it, that's all that matters.

#28 10 years ago

I think I'm going to draw up a business card that tells who I am, that I am a collector who can refurbish/fix old pinball machines, that also tells of how I'm interested in buying their pin, and find a place to stash it in the machine, either under the lockdown bar or crammed into the coin door somehow.

That way, the next time a see a great restore/fixer candidate, I can just drop a card in it and when they go to either remove a stuck ball or empty the cashbox, hopefully I'll get a call shortly after!

#29 10 years ago

There are two in Arizona I know of. One in Phoenix at Castles and Coasters in ok condition and a beat up one in Tempe at Time Out Lounge.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I think I'm going to draw up a business card that tells who I am, that I am a collector who can refurbish/fix old pinball machines, that also tells of how I'm interested in buying their pin, and find a place to stash it in the machine, either under the lockdown bar or crammed into the coin door somehow.
That way, the next time a see a great restore/fixer candidate, I can just drop a card in it and when they go to either remove a stuck ball or empty the cashbox, hopefully I'll get a call shortly after!

This is an awesome idea! Just slide it down between the lockdown bar and the playfield glass! Then when they remove the lockdown bar to take the glass off the card will fall out!

#31 10 years ago

Up until very recently, there was one at the Escondite, a bar that serves damn fine burgers in Downtown LA's Art District. I just heard it was replaced with an Earthshaker. I know the bar owner personally owns TAF, maybe it's just out for repairs?

#32 10 years ago

I have one on location at Pizza West in Shawnee KS.

Does 403 Club in KC KS still have theirs?

#33 10 years ago

I play a pretty beat one at The Varsity Club in Clearwater, FL

It's all good though, plays pretty well (but slow)

#34 10 years ago

I think there is one at a Pizza Place in Monona Grove WI, 'burb of Madison WI. You sneeze it Tilts.

#35 10 years ago

Melbourne Australia.
Village green hotel Springvale has one, terrible to play.
Union Hotel Camberwell has one ,good condition
Inkerman hotel St.kilda one just left but played well.
sure theres a few more lerking around in pubs around this side of town just cant think at the moment..

#36 10 years ago

There's one in the arcade/game room at the Mariott Resort in Horseshoe Bay, TX. It's not in great shape but is playable (barely).

#37 10 years ago

CrabTown USA outside of Baltimore, MD.

Pinball Wizards in Pelham, NH.

Those are the two places I've seen them...

CrabTown's was in terrible shape... Pinball Wizards was in nice shape.

#38 10 years ago

There is one at Fox lanes in Waukesha, WI. and you will want to blow your brains out after playing it for wasting 50 cents.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Let's find them...

There are 16 on location here in the bay area.

http://pinballmap.com/bayarea

#40 10 years ago

A guy has one around town nearby...
It's absolute GARBAGE

#41 10 years ago

I know where one is but I am staying stumm cause when I have some money I am going to make a low ball offer on it.

#42 10 years ago

A gold edition Addams was in a local university pizza place/bar 4 years ago or so. Numbered plaque and everthing. Operator said he bought it new in '94, unboxed it and it's been there ever since. From the looks of it, I believe it. I can't imagine how much he's made off that machine, yet he still wanted crazy money for it.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Also have had countless people ask me to powder coat their games that color specifically.

I doubt it.

#44 10 years ago

I have a really nice one on location here in Seattle at Cafe Mox / Card Kingdom in Ballard!

#45 10 years ago

Seems everyone has in opinion. Guess I will put a different Addams up there then.

1 week later
#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Darlene:

I know I saw one at Seaside Heights on the boardwalk earlier this the summer.

Looks like we lost one to the fire in Seaside Heights

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Darlene:

Looks like we lost one to the fire in Seaside Heights

That sucks

I saw the video of the boardwalk burning on the news.

#48 10 years ago

Last year I ran across one in a laundromat in Waterville, ME. Cannot remember the name of the place. I was coaching a youth baseball tournament up the road at Little Fenway in Oakland and I went out on Saturday night to do the kids laundry. Was going to drop the clothes and meet a bunch of parents at a local pub, but was two hours late! They wondered what happened to me.

#49 10 years ago

The closest one to me is at a miniature golf course just outside of Kutztown. It has more than its share of mansion wear and two different color flippers. Does it still get my quarters? Yep, it sure does.

3 weeks later
#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

Does it still get my quarters? Yep, it sure does.

Well, it's an Addams! What do you expect?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-sightings-in-the-wildwhere-did-you-find-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.