20240419_123624 (resized).jpg
20240419_123607 (resized).jpg
20240419_123503 (resized).jpg
20240419_123438 (resized).jpg
20240418_151220 (resized).jpg
20240418_151930 (resized).jpg
20240418_142010 (resized).jpg
438922685_10161016172280211_6004500180515248965_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jmckune.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#110 4 years ago

If you got that ball shooter from Marco good luck using it. I ordered one from there for my game and the angle that the shooter rod goes through on that one is slanted more downward than the original which made it unusable for my WPC refurbishment. Had to polish up the old one and reuse that.

1 month later
#409 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

well, this doesn't exactly cause me to trust marco.
A day early, and clearly the wrong order. doesn't look like TNuts and Posts to me :/[quoted image]

Call them. They will fix it, I’ve had them resend my whole order when they messed up mine. Resent whole thing and covered the new shipping charge and got to keep what they sent already.

#416 4 years ago

I’m thinking they must have a new packer or a disgruntled employee. My order was messed up just a couple of weeks ago. I ordered 5 diodes and a switch. I ended up getting 1 diode and a mystery object. The stickers on both bags and invoice were correct though, it was very odd. They resent the very same day after I called and my correct order was there in 2 days.
This is after previously having several orders from them which arrived on time and correct.

5 months later
#1269 3 years ago

I don’t know how everyone else does it, but I prefer to get the bottom 100% finished outside of the cabinet and then drop the game in and work on the top inside the cabinet. I don’t have a rotisserie though so that probably explains that.

3 years later
#4533 4 months ago

Backwards diodes will 100% cause the issues you’re having. A diode in the correct direction but shorted via bending causing a touch on the center lug will cause this as well. For example, the ramp switch from an Addams I worked on sometimes gets the diode bent out of shape from balls beating the ramp which causes a short to thing up or down into. Every time thing stops working, I know I need to check that switch. Finally redid the diode to be less susceptible to movement during the game and problem hasn’t come back.

1 week later
#4648 4 months ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

Thing motor is now hooked up. can't test it because thing is resting on a box that would block him.
Apart from this, the four eos switches, and two .093 crimps to get done, the underside will be finished.
do the eos ones need fuses?[quoted image]

No. I can’t remember the exact setup Addams is but if I’m correct, it uses a NO EOS setup. With that setup, the fliptrionics board will control the initial pulse without input from the eos if it’s not received. The NO eos is useful for if a ball hits it so the game can detect if the flipper is fallling and quickly reapply high power.

#4654 4 months ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

Friday we get the back box lights secured. and the thing light cable with proper color coded wires done. hopefully right this time and that is it for the back box. will also get the two GI lights with the bigger crimps done.
monday, ordered the right color wires for the j906 connection to be made, so the eos switches should be done.
if everything checks out with the flippers working...will have someone hold the table up right so I can briefly test the thing motor to see if that works ok. if it checks out, thing gets sealed up and his metal box goes on.
and that should be all she wrote for the bottom.
Minus filling in some holes to make it look a little nicer as the last step.
sometime next week, it'll be time to flip it over and do the ball test with the switches

If you want, I can send you a video of what a successful THING test looks like. I had to rebuild a Thing motor and replace optics on one so I have that specific video

#4665 4 months ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

PLEASE .
currently making a new test table in the ware house with a middle that has agiant hole in it. so Ican test things like the hand without any trouble and flip it around easily.

Sent you a PM. Answer that and I can get it to you!

2 weeks later
#4728 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Nothing will happen.
Their purpose is to shift the high power of the flipper coil to low power just "before" the end of the flipper travel, or "stroke".
Testing is simple.
With the flipper button pressed, manually bat the flipper down with a firm swipe of the hand.
The flipper should automatically return to its extended position with full force.
Note:
If you put the high power source wire on the low side of the coil, and the low power to the high side of the coil (get the source wires reversed), it wont break the coil "but" the flipper will be "weak" and not hit the ball very far. Checking your voltages here is "recommended".
EOS switch adjustment is straight forward:
The switch is "NORMALLY CLOSED" to engage high power "UNTIL" the flipper gets near the end of its stroke.
The switch should "start" to open about 3/16" before the flipper bat reaches its absolute end of travel to engage "LOW POWER".
The gap of the EOS switch contacts should be 1/16" to 1/8" when the flipper is fully extended.
This adjustment is done with the game powered "off" and manually actuating the flipper.
This is done so that you can capture the ball on a flipper and hold it for as long as you want, and NOT overheat the flipper coil.
Your coils are "dual wound" for this EXACT purpose. The primary winding has thicker wire for high power.
The low power (secondary winding), or "hold" power coil has thinner wire on the coil for low power.
One can visually see the differences by examining the coil winding wires at the lugs.
This is why the flipper coils have 3 lugs.
The separate windings "share" the common center lug (2 coil windings soldered on it) but have their own power lugs that accept different source voltages.
50 to 70 volts for high power (thicker wire side)
20 volts for low power (thinner wire side).
Note:
There is some debate on whether you need EOS switches at all on a Fliptronics system, as its a pulse operated system controlled by the computer.
I think the game plays better with them in.
Also if the engineers put them in, then I put them in.
With the EOS switches, if a flipper gets knocked down by 3 balls hitting it at the same time, it will slightly move but go back into position without having to release and the press the flipper button again because the high power will re-engage automatically as the EOS switch contacts close.

The flipper EOS switches on fliptronics games are normally open. The opposite of most older designs. If you don’t wire them this way, you’ll get the affect you’d normally get with a normally closed switch with poor contact

#4772 3 months ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

are those more reliable than led bulbs?

They are LEDs, the only difference is the amount of them and the scatter pattern. People use them to light up darker areas and for a different look than regular bulbs. They are pretty pricey though. 89c for a regular bulb vs $13 per evo disk.

1 week later
#4883 3 months ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

what I seem to have a problem with, is the molex pins popping out of their housing on occasion.
these tend to look a little more....stable...in connection?
lots of pictures pop up with these type of connections in their games.

If your molex pins are popping out, either you aren’t inserting them all the way or you’re trying to do so upside down. You should hear and audible click when the pin is in the right position. It will not come out easily once it clicks.

#4887 3 months ago

The bottom (larger) part of the crimp terminal should be around the insulated part of the wire. This provides strength. If you crimp both of the tabs onto the stripped wire, you’re asking for a break.

1 week later
#4919 84 days ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

My extra crimp pins are coming tomorrow. tomorrow's job is -
-redo EOS crimp that fell out.
-Redo Thing cable again and hope it fixes the problem. try the simple thing first, if not, will check voltage.
- Finish up last remaining solenoid wire flasher crimp (Big .093's)
Thursday I'll get around to replacing that switch and see if it fixes it with the new one hooked up.
Friday, I'll get around to crimping the top of the wire harness and start that project next week.

Why would you not check voltage first before redoing an entire connector? It could lead you to a problem upstream and prevent you from wasting time on a connector

1 month later
#5209 50 days ago

I….dont even understand what I’m looking at. Is that a wire that is connected to a diode which is connected to only one side of the lug?

#5217 50 days ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

what's the problem? these are the Jet Bumper Light Cables, that where upgraded to the recomended LED Light cables that do not have the metal tabs attached to them. instead of metal tabs, they have wires to solder the diode on to. first you put the diode on, then the protective heat tubing.. just like before..

Ok so I wasn’t seeing what I thought I was, I thought you had these wires running to the coils and not lamps. In that case, the connection is correct as they are controlled lamps. Only issue is they are hanging loose. I’m sure you’ll get it! Sorry for the scare!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,059.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jmckune.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-scratch-build?tu=Jmckune and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.