20240418_151930 (resized).jpg
20240418_142010 (resized).jpg
438922685_10161016172280211_6004500180515248965_n (resized).jpg
438935641_10161016172310211_884505193556236161_n (resized).jpg
439014279_10161016172265211_7954450884413445341_n (resized).jpg
20240418_131921 (1) (resized).jpg
20240418_131941 (resized).jpg
20240418_131950 (resized).jpg
There are 5,461 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 110.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

Cabinet ordered
-Back Glass ordered
-Manual ordered
-Plunger ordered
- start button ordered
In January,
-Power Supply from user on here
-Play Field
-Coin Door
-Decals
Are there any good resources around to try and setup a complete cabinet, minus playfield? It feels like it should be straightforward enough...but some pictures and wording might help

Be great to see the prices/cost of this project....

#52 4 years ago

If you are on Facebook, there is a closed group for WPC remake builds. Lots of the guys have made drawings and such of the unobtainable parts. wallybgood might be able to help you.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

If you are on Facebook, there is a closed group for WPC remake builds. Lots of the guys have made drawings and such of the unobtainable parts. wallybgood might be able to help you.

Hey 565
PM sent.
Wally

#54 4 years ago

Subbing to watch the show and help out where I can.

In all honesty and experience, find a doner. Parts are really that hard to find. I just spent 2 years doing what you’re doing with a Transporter the Rescue. I got hung up on nut lugs and posts, ramps that were not supposed to be made, a never made again ship part... If it wasn’t for luck and some really great pin heads and friends it’s taken a decade to develop; it would still be in pieces all over my house and work office.

Taf is 3x the Machine mechanically that TTR is, I have no doubt it can be done, but I think your In for a longer project than you realize without the experience in parts and people than you may realize.

Still though, you’ve got gutz and experience !

#55 4 years ago
#56 4 years ago

if you come across a cheap trashed doner buy it it will make your life 100% easier.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

if you come across a cheap trashed doner buy it it will make your life 100% easier.

Is there such a thing for TAF?

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Someone let him know. He’s forging ahead anyways. I admire his ambition.

ambition..stupidity, ignorance... take your pick .

all I know is, the satisfaction of getting something seemingly impossible done is the best drug in the world sometimes for someone with not much else going on .

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Is there such a thing for TAF?

of course just gotta find em
some even end up for sale on here but with crazy price tags

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

Howdy...
first post here...
Not new to the fan Build stuff.
I've built an all Metal RC 1 r2D2 from parts found online. I've built a C3P0 1. and just finished a 1 KITT Dash electronics install (still missing a few parts).
But, I'm looking for a new project for 2020. and after seeing a few playfield builds online, I feel like Building a mostly new Addams Family from scratch is something I can do.
So, barring this thing getting a re release (arcade 1up or someone else) in 2020 or beyond.... here is what I plan to get sometime next year.
a Cabinet... this is the first one I've found that seems new. https://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=136
Artwork and 'cloud' top... -https://www.pinball.co.uk/game-specific-parts/addams-family-gold/cabinet-artwork-set-addams-family/
a Playfield.. - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/36-20017 and DMD setup....as well as DMD Border...
And a Back Glass https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/taf-backglass/
I would at least like to get a machine LOOKING like the machine...so as to inspire me to keep going. and get most of the expensive parts first and out of the way.
From what I've seen on youtube, assembling the playfield mostly requires alot of drilling and screwing. Easy enough so long as I know exactly where everything has to go and what size drill bits to use. hopefully covered in the instruction manual.
I think the ONLY thing I will have an annoying time with, even if I find one in tact, is the wiring harness. even an intact harness looks like a complicated mess...and I'll be shocked if I ever get the thing properly wired up. But, at least if I can get everything else assembled, and looking like a real pinball machine, I figure the wiring harness will be the least problematic thing to worry about in the end. a nd the last thing I do.
This will be a fun project for all of 2020 I think. And a miracle if I ever get the whole thing done.
My last arcade project was a custom machine that was meant to be portable. so I could drag it in front of any tv I had around....and had an old jrock video converter attached to it for VGA connection hookup. with the advent of Arcade 1up, i no longer need that anymore. but I doubt Arcade 1up will ever do pinball recreations... sothis seems like a logical next project .
What I could REALLY use to help start things off, is a part list. every part I need to buy in a handy dandy check off item list. I know I'll need ramps, bumpers, flippers, kickouts, thing, thing box, electric chair, etc.....the OCD in me likes to have things itemized so I don't miss anything
thanks for any help

I restored a TAF a few years ago starting with a players condition machine and replacing nearly every part that was available. I broke down my costs in a thread I posted when I finished it, but I spent about $13000 including the $4500 for the original machine. If all parts had been available (light boards, transformer, wiring harness, etc), those parts might have been less than the $4500 for the original machine. I don't know. That stuff adds up quick.

#61 4 years ago

See post above. You will spend way more on parts than the game will be worth or what you could buy a used one for. I'm not trying to dissuade you, but go in to it with eyes wide open that this project will be a money pit, not to mention all of your time too.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

See post above. You will spend way more on parts than the game will be worth or what you could buy a used one for. I'm not trying to dissuade you, but go in to it with eyes wide open that this project will be a money pit, not to mention all of your time too.

Time is definitely NO problem.

Part of the reason I decided on this as a 2020/beyond project is because of the time it will take. When you have OCD and Anxiety, extra projects help calm the mind and make life go a little easier, even when things go wrong, like when R2 almost caught fire due to a wire being wrong . but, even that didn't stop it from being finished almost $8,000 later for all 'military grade' aluminum parts.

I am definetly keeping a record of parts and where they where brought and will keep the tally up to date.
So far,

- WPC Standard Body Replacement Cabinet - Fully Trimmed $1,599.95 +shipping
- Backglass, Mirrored, standard color. $303
- Start Button, Manual, Plunger - $86's.

Color DMD will be close to $300
Topper will be around $200
Playfield will be around $1,000 (assuming there is no good reason not to save money on an $800 version)
Transformer will be $400
Plastics closer to $200

And those are all purchases for January. including the playfield glass cover. and DMD/speaker cover.

When you live by yourself/with family, you only pay for what you use.. including food, cable/internet, doctors, prescriptions, etc. So, while money isn't in exhastable, it's not so tight that I can't spend stuff on passion projects to keep me busy.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

How do I find this group?

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

Time is definitely NO problem.
Part of the reason I decided on this as a 2020/beyond project is because of the time it will take. When you have OCD and Anxiety, extra projects help calm the mind and make life go a little easier, even when things go wrong, like when R2 almost caught fire due to a wire being wrong . but, even that didn't stop it from being finished almost $8,000 later for all 'military grade' aluminum parts.
I am definetly keeping a record of parts and where they where brought and will keep the tally up to date.
So far,
- WPC Standard Body Replacement Cabinet - Fully Trimmed $1,599.95 +shipping
- Backglass, Mirrored, standard color. $303
- Start Button, Manual, Plunger - $86's.
Color DMD will be close to $300
Topper will be around $200
Playfield will be around $1,000 (assuming there is no good reason not to save money on an $800 version)
Transformer will be $400
Plastics closer to $200
And those are all purchases for January. including the playfield glass cover. and DMD/speaker cover.
When you live by yourself/with family, you only pay for what you use.. including food, cable/internet, doctors, prescriptions, etc. So, while money isn't in exhastable, it's not so tight that I can't spend stuff on passion projects to keep me busy.

If money and time are no object, there's no reason to not give it a try. I enjoyed doing mine. I said I'd never do it again just because it's flushing money down the drain, but I kind of want to try again some day.

I bought the same Virtuapin cabinet you did, but I had them install the ground braid and decals I sent them also. They didn't drill the holes in the top of the backbox that a TAF requires. They also didn't install all the necessary ground braid that my original machine had so I had to buy some of that and a stapler for attaching it.

I made plenty of mistakes along the way and still second guess a few things. My original boards were pretty bad, so I replaced them all with Rottendog boards. Those boards have worked flawlessly, but do repro boards make a restored game less desirable than original boards? To some people yes. Also after waiting over 2 years for CPR to finish their playfields, I gave up and had HSA restore mine. Mine was in pretty bad shape. It's nice now, but still has some flaws I know are there like magnet burn on the back that a new playfield wouldn't have.

I have a ton of extra parts and tools I've thought about selling but I don't know if I'll ever need them again. I have a CPR Gold playfield. I have hundreds of nuts, bolts, IDC connectors, screws, etc. I bought several old wiring harnesses off Ebay and cut them up and cleaned every single wire by hand. So I have extra wires of every color and stripe needed in a TAF, but not enough to build a whole new harness. I made a hand rivet press tool with a clamp for assembling some plastics.

#65 4 years ago

Everyone that’s telling you to find a donor machine is giving you really good advice because they’ve probably taken on a similar project to this. Just because it’s labeled a “donor” doesn’t mean you’re going to rob anything off it. It should really be your “reference” machine. What online threads and pics and manuals can’t do that a donor machine is very simple-the donor machine will quickly show you how your wire harnesses need to be laid out and routed. Having it right in front of you for first hand reference will save you MONTHS of painstaking work. I totally get needing to occupy your time to preserve sanity and the joy of learning and accomplishment-especially the accomplishment of such a daunting task. But the reference machine will help keep you from getting discouraged should you make an early fatal flaw that doesn’t show itself until you’re in the final assembly stages.

#66 4 years ago

Here is my total cost so far and its actually a pretty decent amount of the impossible to find parts. These deals took about two years to find. Its possible, but you can't do this in a year.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#67 4 years ago

Best of luck, very interested in seeing how this turns out. If you haven't worked on a pin before then this is one hell of a first project. I agree with everyone else, you're best off finding a beater TAF and using that as a donor machine, it will make life much much easier and probably cut the project time in half. Right now I'd expect this to take you a year to complete.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Everyone that’s telling you to find a donor machine is giving you really good advice because they’ve probably taken on a similar project to this. Just because it’s labeled a “donor” doesn’t mean you’re going to rob anything off it. It should really be your “reference” machine. What online threads and pics and manuals can’t do that a donor machine is very simple-the donor machine will quickly show you how your wire harnesses need to be laid out and routed. Having it right in front of you for first hand reference will save you MONTHS of painstaking work. I totally get needing to occupy your time to preserve sanity and the joy of learning and accomplishment-especially the accomplishment of such a daunting task. But the reference machine will help keep you from getting discouraged should you make an early fatal flaw that doesn’t show itself until you’re in the final assembly stages.

Yep, I know and understand.

there is two problems
-1, what do you do with the donor machine if you wind up taking parts off of it to use? that's alot of money spent with extra parts left over, and it'd be a shame to throw them out.

-The cost. if don't use parts or just for the reference, what do yhou do with the extra machine?
I def understand that it'd be easier to follow the harness wiring with it right in front of you.

a Donor machine is not off the table. it's just the extra space, what to do with it when done, and the extra cost that would make it one of the last things done when needed.

-- these guys seem to have some of the boards needed like fliptronics. http://mad-amusements.com/category.php?id_category=25

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

Yep, I know and understand.
there is two problems
-1, what do you do with the donor machine if you wind up taking parts off of it to use? that's alot of money spent with extra parts left over, and it'd be a shame to throw them out.
-The cost. if don't use parts or just for the reference, what do yhou do with the extra machine?
I def understand that it'd be easier to follow the harness wiring with it right in front of you.
a Donor machine is not off the table. it's just the extra space, what to do with it when done, and the extra cost that would make it one of the last things done when needed.
-- these guys seem to have some of the boards needed like fliptronics. http://mad-amusements.com/category.php?id_category=25

Don’t use it as a donor. Just a reference.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Don’t use it as a donor. Just a reference.

If I could find one for a decent price. I guess I can always resell it later for someone looking for a project machine.

but, like stated, it's going to be the last thing on the list. I want to buy all the parts I need/can find first before I even think about assembly. that's going to take more than a few months of saving.

I guess I can get my color DMD from here. requires a software upgrade but those usually arn't too hard.
http://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-for-addams-family-pinball-machine/

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Yup, Wally is the man in this area. Amazing skills and a top-notch guy.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Yup, Wally is the man in this area. Amazing skills and a top-notch guy.

PM sent and info sent over for group joining

just for ha ha's...this was my last 'simple' project for my arcade design. a silly custom built machine that was meant to be portable and hooked up to any TV around.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

just for ha ha's...this was my last 'simple' project for my arcade design. a silly custom built machine that was meant to be portable and hooked up to any TV around.

Cutting on a rolling dolly!?

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Cutting on a rolling dolly!?

when you have limited space I guess you use what you have . never said it was a professional build....or that we have the shop set up for wood cutting . it's a warehouse for storage

and we got the whole thing done with no injuries

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

there is two problems

Yout can always resell what you don't need. But building from scratch, there probably wouldn't be much left over.

Quoted from Shredder565:

these guys seem to have some of the boards needed like fliptronics. http://mad-amusements.com/category.php?id_category=25

Do a Google search for mad amusements. It's better to avoid that one, as well as their account *pinballparts* on ebay.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

when you have limited space I guess you use what you have . never said it was a professional build....or that we have the shop set up for wood cutting . it's a warehouse for storage
and we got the whole thing done with no injuries

Next time, chock the wheels.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wiring harnesses can be done. 3rd Coast pinballdoes them by hand iirc. His thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-wire-and-harnesses#post-5053081

He doesnt do the WPC stuff as of yet

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:Yout can always resell what you don't need. But building from scratch, there probably wouldn't be much left over.

Do a Google search for mad amusements. It's better to avoid that one, as well as their account *pinballparts* on ebay.

I was wondering about that. are there any black listed, or sellers I should avoid? there are always a few in the hobby business...right now i'm just google searching part keywords to see what pops up.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

that. are there any black listed, or sellers I should avoid

Mad amusements is the only one I can think of with a very extensive laundry list of greavances.

#80 4 years ago

Where are you located? I’ll have a used WPC widebody cabinet up for sale soon.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:Where are you located? I’ll have a used WPC widebody cabinet up for sale soon.

that would be north east new jersey, bergen .

#82 4 years ago

I would like to see this done with Fathom. The drop target assys would be the toughest part I imagine.

#83 4 years ago

Fyi I am building a scared stiff from a playfield. I'm using homebrew controllers based on OPP and pinmame for the ROMs. Over a year and a half or so, I've picked up every assembly that was individualized. The rest is generic or can be manufactured. It's not impossible.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Where are you located? I’ll have a used WPC widebody cabinet up for sale soon.

TAF is not a wide body

#85 4 years ago

So just a thought...if I were considering this project, I may be inclined to practice by building a less complex game before going balls to the wall into a TAF. While TAF doesn’t look as complicated as some other titles, there’s more going on there than meets the eye. Maybe start with an early Bally solid state game. Lots of used parts available and most everything else is available at numerous sources.

Also, another thought from my suggestion of a “reference” machine, it’s also a test fixture. You can assemble your playfield and drop it into the reference machine to test everything. If you find some used boards for a good price, drop them in the reference machine and test them. What most of us may have forgotten about your situation is you don’t have 10-30 machines. Most all of us have a WPC title in our collections to use to test. This is to be your first. Granted, you can get the Siegecraft set to test boards, but I’ve not seen a setup to connect to a playfield to test all lamps, switches and solenoids.

#86 4 years ago

In the middle of a TAF playfield swap. I wouldn't wish building this wiring harness on my worst enemy.

20191222_145718 (resized).jpg20191222_145718 (resized).jpg
#87 4 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

In the middle of a TAF playfield swap. I wouldn't wish building this wiring harness on my worst enemy.[quoted image]

yeah. even with a diagram for one from scratch, or a complete wire harness at my disposal, i have a feeling that will be my least favorite part of the build...

#88 4 years ago

In the middle of a TAF playfield swap. I wouldn't wish building this wiring harness on my worst enemy.

I think building it from scratch would be better than fixing an existing one.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

yeah. even with a diagram for one from scratch, or a complete wire harness at my disposal, i have a feeling that will be my least favorite part of the build...

There's so many switches, connectors, and targets at the ends of the harness it's almost hard to believe. I replaced every single one when I did my rebuild. That was probably 25-30% of the total hours I spent on the rebuild.

#90 4 years ago

Like I said, a reference machine would simplify your life!

#91 4 years ago

So this is your first pinball project??

#92 4 years ago

In the middle of a TAF playfield swap. I wouldn't wish building this wiring harness on my worst enemy.[quoted image]

And that's why the new machines have gone to node boards.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

As a former newbie who feels like they have finally stepped up to “rookie” on their projects, I simply have to implore you to listen to these fine folks.

I’m a little hurt that my own build of Orbitor 1 was left out :’) but so be it. I built that from “scratch”. I started with an empty cabinet and had to source EVERYTHING. After about a year I’ve gotten everything I need. Just waiting on my boards and fabricating those damn unobtainium spinning bumpers.

https://www.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orbitor-1-a-scratch-build-reaching-for-the-stars

These folks are right. As your “first” pinball project you’re seriously screwing yourself. It’ll probably take 3 or more years.
You absolutely NEED to get a machine and learn even the basics about that first.
Building it will teach you a ton, but if you were flying blind as I was, you’re just gonna get railroaded at every corner.

There is very little meaningful documentation for Orbitor 1. Stern closed their doors while they made it so only 889 were made and probably 1/3 or so still exist. Parts are impossible the come by, and getting good reference pictures for what is ACTUALLY happening under the playfield was hard. Thank god for this website and all the fantastic pinsiders who’ve lent a hand!

TAF has an asston of documentation and has been vivisected a thousand times, so that’s good for you. However actually understanding the purpose and logic of how these machines get put together would definitely help you in unimaginable ways. Start watching some factory videos and see how it was done.

Now to sound like a pessimist:
I remember being a starry-eyed newbie who thought “baaaah no one has ever done it before, so I’m gonna do it!”
That’s fine and dandy, but do be sure to listen and accept the help and anecdotes these fine Pinsiders offer.
Orbitor 1 definitely has been a testament to new guys doing the impossible, and the amazing community for making it happen. Without Pinside I’d have NEVER found a playfield.

I’ve also taken one more than a few basket case machines and brought them to life, I’ve just been horribly neglectful in posting my restorations.
The latest being an absolutely devastated Torpedo Alley that was passed over by 3 people. It’s a total disaster and a hunk of junk. But I finally got that bad boy to boot up to attract mode and enter diagnostics.
It took 11 months to breathe life into that piece of junk, and I couldn’t be more proud. Now I’ve gotten a few pinball friends trying to pass off new basket cases since they’ve seen I can actually bring the dead back to life.
More importantly, I’m one of the few foolish enough to waste all my time working on games that you can buy for like 2-3k. It’s just plain fun. And doing it this way you will learn a TON.

Mitch could probably tell you, if you get in too deep and aren’t careful, the joy of pinball will get sucked out of you and you’ll want to be done with it. Especially as a newbie, I started with an old Gottlieb Drop-A-Card... to be fair that project is still sitting in pieces BUT the projects that have come after it are doing much better!

At the very least, I cannot stress this enough as everyone has:
GET A WORKING MACHINE.
1) You will learn pinball
2) You’ll understand it’s nuances
3) You’ll need that join of a working game to rekindle your spirit after you hate this project 8 times over.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

As a former newbie who feels like they have finally stepped up to “rookie” on their projects, I simply have to implore you to listen to these fine folks.
I’m a little hurt that my own build of Orbitor 1 was left out :’) but so be it. I built that from “scratch”. I started with an empty cabinet and had to source EVERYTHING. After about a year I’ve gotten everything I need. Just waiting on my boards and fabricating those damn unobtainium spinning bumpers.
https://www.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orbitor-1-a-scratch-build-reaching-for-the-stars
These folks are right. As your “first” pinball project you’re seriously screwing yourself. It’ll probably take 3 or more years.
You absolutely NEED to get a machine and learn even the basics about that first.
Building it will teach you a ton, but if you were flying blind as I was, you’re just gonna get railroaded at every corner.
There is very little meaningful documentation for Orbitor 1. Stern closed their doors while they made it so only 889 were made and probably 1/3 or so still exist. Parts are impossible the come by, and getting good reference pictures for what is ACTUALLY happening under the playfield was hard. Thank god for this website and all the fantastic pinsiders who’ve lent a hand!
TAF has an asston of documentation and has been vivisected a thousand times, so that’s good for you. However actually understanding the purpose and logic of how these machines get put together would definitely help you in unimaginable ways. Start watching some factory videos and see how it was done.
Now to sound like a pessimist:
I remember being a starry-eyed newbie who thought “baaaah no one has ever done it before, so I’m gonna do it!”
That’s fine and dandy, but do be sure to listen and accept the help and anecdotes these fine Pinsiders offer.
Orbitor 1 definitely has been a testament to new guys doing the impossible, and the amazing community for making it happen. Without Pinside I’d have NEVER found a playfield.
I’ve also taken one more than a few basket case machines and brought them to life, I’ve just been horribly neglectful in posting my restorations.
The latest being an absolutely devastated Torpedo Alley that was passed over by 3 people. It’s a total disaster and a hunk of junk. But I finally got that bad boy to boot up to attract mode and enter diagnostics.
It took 11 months to breathe life into that piece of junk, and I couldn’t be more proud. Now I’ve gotten a few pinball friends trying to pass off new basket cases since they’ve seen I can actually bring the dead back to life.
More importantly, I’m one of the few foolish enough to waste all my time working on games that you can buy for like 2-3k. It’s just plain fun. And doing it this way you will learn a TON.
mitch could probably tell you, if you get in too deep and aren’t careful, the joy of pinball will get sucked out of you and you’ll want to be done with it. Especially as a newbie, I started with an old Gottlieb Drop-A-Card... to be fair that project is still sitting in pieces BUT the projects that have come after it are doing much better!
At the very least, I cannot stress this enough as everyone has:
GET A WORKING MACHINE.
1) You will learn pinball
2) You’ll understand it’s nuances
3) You’ll need that join of a working game to rekindle your spirit after you hate this project 8 times over.

Hey Iso
Added your scratch build to my list. Sweet project! I probably missed a bunch of others too. Sorry that I forgot about Orbitor. I should have looked at my favorite list. Did a hurry up search to give the Op something to read.
Wally

#95 4 years ago

Just Fully restoring an existing pin (stripping down to Individ hardware pieces for cleaning and replacing) and stripping and redoing the cabinet with knowledge/experience working on pins is a huge task. There’s a reason not many people are attempting complete scratch builds of A list WPC’s..

I totally get wanting to take on a project, and the satisfaction of completing it. You’ve already delved in but I still echo a few others— start smaller or at least get a pin to familiarize with first. Manuals are great but it’s also not quite a factory how-to build this from ground up.. I love projects and have fully restored a classic WPC and in doing so I def. can say I’d never want to scratch build.. not to say u can’t do it but you’ll need to collect a lot of reference photos and there’s def. going to be irritation at times Sounds like you’re prepared for that though. Good luck!

Build a rotesserie for the Playfield - that’s a must.

#96 4 years ago

rotesserie DOES look cool... I'm not sure if I have the space for that and the cabinet though....I'll have to move my 1 slimer just to fit the cabinet in nicely.

But, I can see how it DOES come in handy, so it might just have to go on the list.

Is it possible to get a decent donor machine for $5,000 or under?

If I don't part it, I guess I can sell it to a co worker who loves arcades. If I do part it, maybe I can ebay off the remaining stuff.

#98 4 years ago

hmm, those are all small enough in price that I can afford 'em now. so may just have to order.

I want to get the Playfield, the DMD, the playfield glass, the Topper and Plastics all by the end of january..but those are the higher priced items, some of them.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredder565:

Is it possible to get a decent donor machine for $5,000 or under?

Depending on your location, yes.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Depending on your location, yes.

hmm, that gives me some hope at least.

But, as stated, that'd be the last thing to get after I source all the parts I can new or used. I want to buy everything I can first, before I even think about assembling .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,059.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,461 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-scratch-build/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.