67%
  • Black Rubbers 6 votes
    33%

(18 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2670 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

I am deep cleaning my Addams Family and realized many of the rubbers are worn. They are currently white but I am considering going with black as Marco offers both sets.

I think the black ones might be more in line with the dark look of the machine and the Addams Family theme.

I am sure I am not the 1st to consider this. Let me know your thoughts. I am also considering doing some LED lighting along with this change.

#2 5 years ago

Always white for me. Black is deader, not as bouncy. Looks slimmer but plays slower.

#3 5 years ago

TAF shipped with white rubber and red flipper rings. TAFG shipped with black on all.

LTG : )

#4 5 years ago

White plays and looks better IMHO.

#5 5 years ago

Try the black silicone Perfect Play black rings from Pinball Life. I use all different colored PP rings in all my pins. I have black PP for the slings and black Super Bands for the flippers in my TAF. I also use clear or translucent ones in other locations.

#6 5 years ago

The whites i have used split or break much sooner than the black.

#7 5 years ago

Black suits the theme more I think, but I wouldn't go with black rubber. If you're shopping out you might as well get Titans or equivalent silicone rings.

I used glow-in-the-dark Titan ones on mine...

IMG_2670 (resized).jpegIMG_2670 (resized).jpeg

(not the best photo but you get the idea)

#8 5 years ago

Silicone and any colour you want!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Black suits the theme more I think, but I wouldn't go with black rubber. If you're shopping out you might as well get Titans or equivalent silicone rings.
I used glow-in-the-dark Titan ones on mine...

I haven't seen these before. Neat Idea. Where did you find them?

#10 5 years ago

I bought them from Titan Pinball (www.titanpinball.com). I'll try and get some better photos tonight if you're interested.

#11 5 years ago

This is totally a personal preference.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:This is totally a personal preference.

Yes it is but I have learned a lot of options I didn't consider. Thanks to all for all the great advice!

#13 5 years ago

Titan has user contributed ring sets for games. Some stock colors, come wild colors. Check it out!

Here is the link for TAF https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/4977

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I bought them from Titan Pinball (www.titanpinball.com). I'll try and get some better photos tonight if you're interested.

Thanks for the info and the pic offer but I suspect any pic won't do it justice. I check Titan. They don't seem to be stocking the glow rubbers anymore.

#15 5 years ago

I used black on mine before I knew about the titans, Next time I do it, I may do something different. White is what it came with. Mine plays just fine with the blacks though and if you are replacing old worn rubbers, anything new will be an upgrade

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Scisok:

They don't seem to be stocking the glow rubbers anymore.

Select any ring and you have a selection for 'Glow' as a color. They have them.

#17 5 years ago

I stay with the normal white rubbers on the games that originally shipped with them. They are much more bouncier. I'm not into the different rubber color alternatives.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Select any ring and you have a selection for 'Glow' as a color. They have them.

Thanks. I see them now. Now I am trying decide on the material types. Soooo many choices and suppliers! So many opinions on what's best.

#19 5 years ago

I think Addams plays best with original whites because it needs that little extra bounce.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 159.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 1,059.00
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
$ 1,159.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-rubber-color?hl=durzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.