Topic poll

“Which color rubbers should Addams Family have, black or white?”

• White Rubbers 11 votes
    69%
  • Black Rubbers 5 votes
    31%

(16 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2670 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

I am deep cleaning my Addams Family and realized many of the rubbers are worn. They are currently white but I am considering going with black as Marco offers both sets.

I think the black ones might be more in line with the dark look of the machine and the Addams Family theme.

I am sure I am not the 1st to consider this. Let me know your thoughts. I am also considering doing some LED lighting along with this change.

#2 1 year ago

Always white for me. Black is deader, not as bouncy. Looks slimmer but plays slower.

#3 1 year ago

TAF shipped with white rubber and red flipper rings. TAFG shipped with black on all.

LTG : )

#4 1 year ago

White plays and looks better IMHO.

#5 1 year ago

Try the black silicone Perfect Play black rings from Pinball Life. I use all different colored PP rings in all my pins. I have black PP for the slings and black Super Bands for the flippers in my TAF. I also use clear or translucent ones in other locations.

#6 1 year ago

The whites i have used split or break much sooner than the black.

#7 1 year ago

Black suits the theme more I think, but I wouldn't go with black rubber. If you're shopping out you might as well get Titans or equivalent silicone rings.

I used glow-in-the-dark Titan ones on mine...

IMG_2670 (resized).jpeg

(not the best photo but you get the idea)

#8 1 year ago

Silicone and any colour you want!

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Black suits the theme more I think, but I wouldn't go with black rubber. If you're shopping out you might as well get Titans or equivalent silicone rings.
I used glow-in-the-dark Titan ones on mine...

I haven't seen these before. Neat Idea. Where did you find them?

#10 1 year ago

I bought them from Titan Pinball (www.titanpinball.com). I'll try and get some better photos tonight if you're interested.

#11 1 year ago

This is totally a personal preference.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:This is totally a personal preference.

Yes it is but I have learned a lot of options I didn't consider. Thanks to all for all the great advice!

#13 1 year ago

Titan has user contributed ring sets for games. Some stock colors, come wild colors. Check it out!

Here is the link for TAF https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/4977

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I bought them from Titan Pinball (www.titanpinball.com). I'll try and get some better photos tonight if you're interested.

Thanks for the info and the pic offer but I suspect any pic won't do it justice. I check Titan. They don't seem to be stocking the glow rubbers anymore.

#15 1 year ago

I used black on mine before I knew about the titans, Next time I do it, I may do something different. White is what it came with. Mine plays just fine with the blacks though and if you are replacing old worn rubbers, anything new will be an upgrade

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Scisok:

They don't seem to be stocking the glow rubbers anymore.

Select any ring and you have a selection for 'Glow' as a color. They have them.

#17 1 year ago

I stay with the normal white rubbers on the games that originally shipped with them. They are much more bouncier. I'm not into the different rubber color alternatives.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Select any ring and you have a selection for 'Glow' as a color. They have them.

Thanks. I see them now. Now I am trying decide on the material types. Soooo many choices and suppliers! So many opinions on what's best.

#19 1 year ago

I think Addams plays best with original whites because it needs that little extra bounce.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
€ 3.70

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside