Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hepgeek
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I am having an issue with my Addams Family where every time I hit both flippers at the same time the whole game resets just like I have just turned it on. Anyone have an idea why this would happen and how to go about fixing it? Pictures are always helpful!

#3 6 years ago

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

It's a tough read but all of us have to go through it with one or more of our pins...

You can buy one of rob kahr's boards to fix it temporarily, but eventually it's a good idea to figure out the issue.

Edit: Dang got beat by Lloyd!

#4 6 years ago

Is there a general issue that causes this? The place I bought it from thought it could be 5V Circuit on the IO board...sound right?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from BingoBongo:

Is there a general issue that causes this? The place I bought it from thought it could be 5V Circuit on the IO board...sound right?

The reason for the checklist is that there are potentially several faults that can cause the reset issue. Sometimes it's just one problem, sometimes it's more than one. There isn't just one magic fix for all reset issues, unfortunately--unless you bypass them with the kahr board, but it's better to fix the actual problem(s) for long-term use.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from BingoBongo:

Yes but the 5v has a ton of things that could go wrong with it. Read the link... seriously, $30 for a Kahr board will at least get you up and going.

Where did you buy it from?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from BingoBongo:

Too cool. Ignore the fact your game doesn't have an IO board. You do have a WPC Power Driver Assembly.

Go through the check list. 5 volts is likely, but can be many causes.

LTG : )

#8 6 years ago

I get what the wiki is saying, lots of possible causes. But I bet 90% of the times this particular problem is fixed by replacing br2 and cp5. I've had this happen twice and both times br2 & c5 fixed the issue. If you aren't up for chasing down voltage issues, just change out br2/c5. These are big components and even with rudimentary soldering skills they are easy to replace.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

I get what the wiki is saying, lots of possible causes. But I bet 90% of the times this particular problem is fixed by replacing br2 and cp5. I've had this happen twice and both times br2 & c5 fixed the issue. If you aren't up for chasing down voltage issues, just change out br2/c5. These are big components and even with rudimentary soldering skills they are easy to replace.

I can't remember the last time I've ever had to change BR2. That's usually the last thing on my list. Here is my list in order of things I check/change.

J101
J102
J114
J201 (the one on the CPU whatever it's called)
Z-connector
C5
C4
Voltage regulator
BR2

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I can't remember the last time I've ever had to change BR2. That's usually the last thing on my list. Here is my list in order of things I check/change.
J101
J102
J114
Z-connector
C5
C4
Voltage regulator
BR2

I concur. My last board fix was the voltage regulator, but almost every other time it's been a connector/pin header issue.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

J101
J102
J114
Z-connector
C5
C4
Voltage regulator
BR2

Agree 100%. For me, it was all my connectors (everything with a J in the above list) that caused my 5V reset.

And like others have said, the Kahr board is a TEMPORARY fix. Sooner or later, your game will ge tto the point even that doesn't fix the reset issue. Ask me how I know.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I can't remember the last time I've ever had to change BR2.

15 years ago, replacing BR2 was the thing to do.

As these games and boards age, it is now the last thing.

#13 6 years ago

I am still very beginning level...does anyone have pictures of the pieces on an AF that I should be looking at?

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from BingoBongo:

I am still very beginning level...does anyone have pictures of the pieces on an AF that I should be looking at?

Yep

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from BingoBongo:

I am still very beginning level

Please go through the pinwiki check list.

If it's a board issue after all that, get help.

#16 6 years ago

I agree check list I swore I had a board problem it was not grounded proper missing screws check list found and solved it.

#17 6 years ago

Just had this come up on my Judge Dredd (same board as Addams I believe), and I first thought it was a capacitor based on that happening to my BK in the past, but obeying that checklist, I first pulled and re-seated all the connectors on the driver board..and then to my surprise, the problem went away. Hopefully it's a similarly easy fix for you

#18 6 years ago

What happened to the OP? Got scared off? Hope he at least tried reseating connectors..

#19 6 years ago

I had same problem fix with daughter board worked great never had and issue after that http://www.kahr.us/ check it out

#20 6 years ago

Sounds like you have a diode not dioding right.

#21 6 years ago

You ask those diodes to do ONE THING, and after 20 years they give up. Where's the work ethic?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,159.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-resets-with-2-flippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.