Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by adamsatl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I'm in the process of updating my AF, and about to remove the cracked main ramp. Are there any tips on the best way to remove this ramp? Can I remove the ramp without removing the playfield from the machine. Does the ramp assembly come out without having to de-solder the wires?

Are there any tips on removing and replacing the attached hardware to the ramp?

This task looks intimidating,,,, any help would be appreciated.

#2 4 years ago

It's pretty straightforward. The switches and flashers have connectors under-field. Disconnect them and push them up through the holes in the field.

Then start taking the screws out and gently lift the ramp assembly to see where the next screw is holding it. Don't forget the two #1 Philips screws at the entrances. I think you have to remove the metal exit rails first.

If the top screws aren't accessible, rotate the field up and reach in and down to remove them. You don't have to pull the field.

Take notes of what comes off first, and keep the hardware separate (an ice cube tray works good). Take a lot of pics if you're nervous.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks Cody,,,, mission accomplished. It was not as difficult as I had expected. I did a fit check of the replacement ramp before I transfered the hardware, and it looks like I'm going to have to modify several of the holes to get it to fit. I guess the replacement is not a perfect fit,,, but I'll get it to work.

4 years later
#4 32 days ago

Ok... So I finally decided to replace the ramp yesterday and figured it would take about 2 hours. Oh my head!!! Turns out the part that I bought online wasn't exactly identical to the one that was in there. The holes needed to be drilled because the lunatic who 3D printed this thing must have been thinking of something else. Plus the slot for the gate that disengages when "Thing Flips" is lit was non existent. Thank God I had a dremmel. It turned into an all day affair with tweaks I had to make to the ramp, but I'm happy to say that it's finally installed. It didn't come with the metal transition pieces between the plastic ramp and the playfield and I had to remove the rivets so I could reuse the metal transition pieces. I joked to my wife after about 4 hours of working on the replacement that the paperclip that was installed as a solution to the broken ramp before I bought it really didn't bother me that much.

Back in business again, but wow... it was more work and tweaking of the replacement part than I expected.

#5 32 days ago
Quoted from adamsatl:

Ok... So I finally decided to replace the ramp yesterday and figured it would take about 2 hours. Oh my head!!! Turns out the part that I bought online wasn't exactly identical to the one that was in there. The holes needed to be drilled because the lunatic who 3D printed this thing must have been thinking of something else. Plus the slot for the gate that disengages when "Thing Flips" is lit was non existent. Thank God I had a dremmel. It turned into an all day affair with tweaks I had to make to the ramp, but I'm happy to say that it's finally installed. It didn't come with the metal transition pieces between the plastic ramp and the playfield and I had to remove the rivets so I could reuse the metal transition pieces. I joked to my wife after about 4 hours of working on the replacement that the paperclip that was installed as a solution to the broken ramp before I bought it really didn't bother me that much.
Back in business again, but wow... it was more work and tweaking of the replacement part than I expected.

adamsatl

EDIT: Nevermind, your "metal transition pieces" are called ramp flaps. I bought starship fantasy version which has ramp flaps already installed.

Who made the ramp - or where did you buy it? I'm getting ready to do mine and I'm hoping I don't have the same ramp.

#6 31 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

adamsatl
EDIT: Nevermind, your "metal transition pieces" are called ramp flaps. I bought starship fantasy version which has ramp flaps already installed.
Who made the ramp - or where did you buy it? I'm getting ready to do mine and I'm hoping I don't have the same ramp.

I bought it from a guy on E-bay and it was shipped from Australia. In all fairness the photo of the ramp didn't have ramp flaps in the picture so it was just ignorance on my part. I assumed that they were screwed in and not secured with rivets.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 999.00
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
7,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Greensboro, NC
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside