Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-843.jpg
image-113.jpg
image.jpg
camera1.4 023.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hi all, I'm new here and had a few questions if you don't mind. I've owned an Addams Family pinball machine since 2003. I've done various maintenance (rubber, bulbs, new solenoid, new bookcase carousel) and added a few mods (Uncle Fester, Polar bear, brass statuettes). I also would like to get some new things and would like guidance on where to get the things I want. I highlighted the areas in the pic I want to upgrade.

First, in the graveyard my jet bumper tops are cracked. The colors when I bought it were translucent; red, blue, yellow, and clear. I'm not sure if these were original or replaced. I would like new ones but can only seem to find solid gold caps. Which caps were original? If they're the multi-colored, where can I find new ones?

Second, I've seen bookcase decals for sale. Do these decals hold up? Was thinking of getting them for the bookcase and Thing box, but don't want to apply them if they're going to peel.

Third, where the game price and rule card inserts are, it looks like a paper photo copy. Where can I find the originals or much nicer inserts?

Fourth, years ago I saw a Cousin It and swamp mods that looked really good. Can't find them anymore (well Cousin It I can but it looks cheesy). Where can I find quality ones?

And last, I've seen light upgrades for the swamp, bookcase, vault, and chair valleys. Are they worth it?

P.S. I've searched eBay and the only things I considered buying was the decals and light upgrade package.
camera1.4 023.jpgcamera1.4 023.jpg Thanks

#2 10 years ago

Translucent are right for your TAF. Gold was on TAFG.

You might not find all of them. Red and yellow pop up on Pinball Life, Marco, and Bay Area.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

The green swamp mod? If so this was just a LED attached to alligator clips. you clipped it into a close GI area. They sold for something like $20.00 However, its something you can make for sure.

Pop bumper caps http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=327 The ones you are showing are the originals in my opinion.

Plenty of people will let you download custom rule cards, you just print them on good paper stock and you should be good to go. A quick google search of custom addams family rule cards will do the trick.

#4 10 years ago

Nice, thanks guys. I'll order my caps from that link. I miswrote something in the OP, meant to say Cousin It and Graveyard mods(not swamp). The graveyard mod I saw before had grass and tombstones but can't seem to find it anymore.

#5 10 years ago

The thing box and bookcase decals do hold up. Installing the bookcase decal (properly) is pretty involved since you have to remove and practically disassemble the whole thing but I thought it was worth it. I also like the swamp and blue bookcase lighting. In fact mine has just about all these mods so I attached some pics for your reference. Have fun working on your pin.

image-113.jpgimage-113.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image-843.jpgimage-843.jpg
#6 10 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

The thing box and bookcase decals do hold up. Installing the bookcase decal (properly) is pretty involved since you have to remove and practically disassemble the whole thing but I thought it was worth it.

Ditto.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

The thing box and bookcase decals do hold up. Installing the bookcase decal (properly) is pretty involved since you have to remove and practically disassemble the whole thing but I thought it was worth it. I also like the swamp and blue bookcase lighting. In fact mine has just about all these mods so I attached some pics for your reference. Have fun working on your pin.

image.jpg 187 KB

image-113.jpg 181 KB

image-843.jpg 255 KB

Wow, looks great!! I don't mind pulling the bookcase carousel apart, already replaced it once. I was wondering where those plastic bug inserts went, now I know

#9 10 years ago

Hi Viliant,
I purchased my first ever pin, a shopped Addams family about 5 months ago and have modded it quite heavily.
I have installed the decal kit for the Bookcase as I always thought the big blue turntable looked out of place on the playfield, no doubt this was some kind of cost cutting measure when the pin was first manufactured.
To install the decal properly you really do have to drop the whole turntable assembly out of the playfield, which I did. Considering that I had never seen under a pinball playfield until recently, it was a daunting proposition. But once I had a look around I found there was only about 6 screws and 3 cables standing in my way. All the cables had quick release plugs on them so no cutting/soldering. Once out you do have to take the bookcase off the turntable which i'm glad I did as I found one of the wires on an opto was broken. I have reasonable soldering skills so it was an easy fix.
It is a bit fiddley but it’s well worth it.

As for whether the decals peel over time I can't say seeing as I've only just applied them . This mod is a must IMHO.

I do have the decal set for Things Box as well. I have not attempted that as its very had to access that end of the playfield.

I also have the swamp lighting mod, Colour DMD, LED lighted flipper buttons, TV mod, Uncle Fester/Lester mod, cloud topper GI Blue led mod.
I got my decals on ebay from Judge Dreads Pinball mods, he's in the UK.

Good luck with your modding.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

If you want to spend the $$ on a good looking Uncle Fester,
ebay.com link » Addams Family Pinball Uncle Fester Pinball Mod Add On Limited Edition

Already have Fester, the one w/ the bulb in the mouth, which I think is the better of the 2. But that's jmo

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Sabot68:

Good luck with your modding.

Thanks, just ordered new caps and the decals. Now I need to convince the wife the lighting package is needed for my pin

#12 10 years ago

I third that. I did not think it was going to be so labor intensive to install the bookcase decal. However, it also gave you a reason to clean out that hard to reach area whe it was all disassembled. Mine held up great...until I sold it. I miss it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1,059.00
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 180.00
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-questions-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.