(Topic ID: 84933)

Addams family Play Fields Used NOW 3 for sale SOLD !!

By McCune

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by vilant
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4825.JPG
IMG_4807.JPG
IMG_4806.JPG
IMG_4805.JPG
IMG_4804.JPG
IMG_4803.JPG
IMG_4802.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

-

I always hate selling stuff - even when you think you are giving someone a good deal and just want to get rid of something people you give you a hard time...
My best story is one time my neighborhood was having a garage sale and i had a pretty big dining table in my garage that I had replaced with a new one. The old one was still pretty nice but I just got tired of it. I really did not want to go though the hassle of selling it so I just put it in the driveway and said free to good home.
The next thing I know I get a knock on my door and there is a pregnant lady asking if she can have the table. I look at her and say sure the sign says free to good home. She explains that someone wrote on the table that the table is theirs and they will pick it up after 5:00. It was about 10:00 am in the morning. She explains that her husband is in the military away in Iraq and she is starting a new family. Sounds like just the person I would want to have the table. So I say I have no idea who this person is that wrote the note and load it on her truck.
So around 5:00 I get knock on my door and this lady who left the note starts screaming at me on how could I give away "her" table. She left a note on it and it was hers. I told her she never knocked on my door and how would i know if she would even come back. She was furious..... screaming swear words at me and I am thinking all i wanted to do was give away a table for free...

Reminds me of an old 27" tv (heavy) that I put in the driveway for free. I get a knock on the door from an elderly lady who lived just a "few" houses down who wanted it. She asks if I would mind helping her bring it home. A few houses down, sure. I put it on a dolly and we start walking...and walking...turns out she lived about two blocks down (good thing I put it on a dolly). She then asks if I could hook it up.

Got it connected for her. Verified it worked okay and left. At the end of the day, the experience brought my grandmother to mind and I'm glad it went to a good home.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-play-field-used-junk-for-sale?tu=jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.