(Topic ID: 230558)

Addams Family or Munsters (TV show poll only)

By LoveNeverDiesGuy

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jhanley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic poll

“Addams Family or Munsters (TV show poll only)”

• Munsters 50 votes
    51%
  • Addams Family 43 votes
    43%
  • Never watched a single show 6 votes
    6%

(99 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Now that we know the two pinball machines will exist. Just wanted to see a poll on pinside regarding the better TV show.
I always thought Munsters were like the Go Bots and Addams Family like the Transformers. Both are similar, but one had more originality first then the other. I don't know maybe I'm not giving the Munsters enough credit?
Just wanted to see other interests and why. Thanks

#2 5 years ago

Munsters were monsters who were trying to live like us, Adams Family were just weird

#3 5 years ago

Addams by a mile.

#4 5 years ago

I prefer the Addams family but the munsters was quite funny at times.

#5 5 years ago

I think I was 8 or 9 when both shows aired a bunch in B&W and much much preferred the Munsters at that age. That said, anything is better than the Munsters in color

#6 5 years ago

I voted Addams for the TV show. Love "Munster Go Home" movie though.

#7 5 years ago

Both were great shows at the time. We didn’t have a lot of choices back then.

Every once in a while I’ll come across a rerun, I still laugh my a$$ off. Just simple, good humor.

For me, it’s a tie on which one was better to watch. Both really entertaining.

#8 5 years ago

Munsters was funny but Addams was just more fun to watch.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Addams by a mile.

I agree. Even though they both premiered the same year, for some reason I always viewed The Munsters as an inferior Addam's Family wannabe. Same with Bewitched and I Dream of Genie. Bewitched was just so much better in almost every way.

#11 5 years ago

For me it was sort of old humor vs new humor? I had to look up the years, I would have thought Munsters was like 5 years earlier. Very car 54 era comedy which obviously makes sense. Addams is much weirder.

#12 5 years ago

Munsters for the cars. Addams Family for Gomez's model train crashes.

#13 5 years ago

Both great shows I think I might enjoy watching the Munsters a bit more though.

#14 5 years ago

Addams...only because of Fester. Love that guy!

#15 5 years ago

Thing Rocked!

After the "Beast with 5 Fingers" scared the crap out of me, Thing and his bank were on my desk for years....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16 5 years ago

1,000% Munsters for
Tv. 1,000,000% Addams for movie. And so far (and, playing the odds, also for pinball)

For the record, Iron maiden is one of my favourite bands but I’d trade it for a Munsters. Except I already have Monster Bash, soooo...

#17 5 years ago

Munster's Theme was hands down the best especially 2.0. The cars were bad ass too. Spot was my favorite pet and that Raven kept me laughing. Also loved it when Grandpa would Blow Up the Lab! Love em both, but I am more of a Munster's Guy.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thing Rocked!
After the "Beast with 5 Fingers" scared the crap out of me, Thing and his bank were on my desk for years....[quoted image]

That was such an awesome toy!

#19 5 years ago

I can barely remember either one. But I like the one where the dude blew up the same train set every week.

#20 5 years ago

Adams had a scarier feel to it. Munsters had more humor with a 60's vibe.

#21 5 years ago

Munsters by far. Best one I remember was when Herman and Grampa go to the drag strip.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-or-munsters-tv-show-pole-only?hl=wdennie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.