(Topic ID: 84305)

Addams Family on eBay in 9.8 condition...Ummmm what?!?

By MinusWorlds

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Nemesis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marty feldman.jpg
2012-07-05 19.48.31.jpg
2012-07-03 18.41.49.jpg
9.8 LOL.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Sorry if this is anyone's here but this $hit bothers me, 9.8 condition...HA maybe from the Russian judge!!!

ebay.com link: ADDAMS FAMILY PINBALL MACHINE IN 9 8 SHAPE

#2 10 years ago

9.8?

It's not a comic book.

RM

#3 10 years ago

I may be mistaken, but it looks like there is some magnet burn as well (almost identical to my TAF)

#4 10 years ago

Magnet burn IMO is one of the biggest issues with TAF. It's like falling on your ass MULTIPLE times attempting a triple salchow. I'm taking a full point for that, .25 for the shooter lane, another .25 for the board hacks, .50 for the mansion inserts being in poor shape, .25 for rusty legs, and another full point for intentionally being deceiving.

This TAF gets a 6.75

#5 10 years ago

9.8 shape my ass! Mansion insert wear, flipper button wear, shooter lane looks like someone took sand paper to it..ect ect

#6 10 years ago

Who wants a laugh?

This is my old TAF, and I sold it to the current owner. Actually I traded it for a STTNG. I don't want to sale-crap, but yeah...it was definitely not CQ. I'd rate it a 6 on it's best day. I did all of the mods to it. I fixed wiring hacks. Definitely magnet burn. Definitely mansion insert wear. Cabinet had some issues. Some stripped holes under the playfield. Thing was quirky. It was a solid player though. It's a $4200 machine considering the current market and condition I think.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Who wants a laugh?
This is my old TAF, and I sold it to the current owner. Actually I traded it for a STTNG. I don't want to sale-crap, but yeah...it was definitely not CQ. I'd rate it a 6 on it's best day. I did all of the mods to it. I fixed wiring hacks. Definitely magnet burn. Definitely mansion insert wear. Cabinet had some issues. Some stripped holes under the playfield. Thing was quirky. It was a solid player though. It's a $4200 machine considering the current market and condition I think.

So this is an experienced pinhead who's selling? Not cool...

#8 10 years ago

9.8 LOL.JPG9.8 LOL.JPG

Mansion is not close to a 9.8. But hey, "Condition is always subjective" very subjective I guess.

All is forgiven though, according to the seller "The cabinet and box are in mint shape."

Mint - The one pinball term that makes me cringe. Like a sliding scale from 5-10

#9 10 years ago

Well maybe his grading system goes all the way to 20. So 9.8 would be right.

#10 10 years ago

I now have a new strategy for selling my pins.

No magnet burn!*

Mint cabinet!**

Playfield way above average!***

9.8 condition!****

* Except for the magnet burn
**Except for flipper wear and dents and dings
***Except for damage to several inserts
****Based on logarithmic 100 point scale

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

So this is an experienced pinhead who's selling? Not cool...

Yep, definitely an experienced pinhead.

Let me see if I can find my original photos when I sold it to him two years ago....

#12 10 years ago

2012-07-03 18.41.49.jpg2012-07-03 18.41.49.jpg

Here's two I found

2012-07-05 19.48.31.jpg2012-07-05 19.48.31.jpg
#13 10 years ago

Funny how it is okay to rip on ebay machines for over rating . Do it on a pinsiders for sale thread and get blasted?

This place is crazy and yes I agree that Ebay Addams is not a 9.8 more like a 5.0

#14 10 years ago

Who is this jerk? If I had purchased this machine from his description, I would be on my way to see him for a pound of flesh. I realize negative posts are discouraged, but this is next to criminal.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Funny how it is okay to rip on ebay machines for over rating . Do it on a pinsiders for sale thread and get blasted?
This place is crazy and yes I agree that Ebay Addams is not a 9.8 more like a 5.0

I have no prob calling out anyone for overrating, no matter what the venue is. It's an intentional attempt to find an unknowing buyer. Condition is subjective, but this is blatant and deceiving.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

Who is this jerk? If I had purchased this machine from his description, I would be on my way to see him for a pound of flesh. I realize negative posts are discouraged, but this is next to criminal.

At least the seller provided pictures showing a lot of issues. Some pretty blurry of course, have to ask yourself why.
But if it went to Ebay or Paypal court that it was not a 9.8 but had all of the issues shown in the pictures don't you think that would help the seller in this case?

#17 10 years ago

I agree the pictures show the wear, but if you are a newbe, or inexperienced at what to look for, and go by his description, you are screwed. I agree E-bay and Pay-Pal would back the seller. All that does not make it right. This is clearly deception by someone who knows better, but is dishonest. Just because you can't win in court, doesn't mean it is OK.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Definitely mansion insert wear

what wear? that's looks perfect to me

marty feldman.jpgmarty feldman.jpg

#19 10 years ago

where...wolf!

#22 10 years ago

I like how he also says "nearly all bulbs were replaced with Cointaker LEDs." From the pics he posted it looks like he only replaced the easiest lamps with the LEDs, almost everything that I can see still appears to be the original style incandescent bulbs, not LEDs. Too funny!

#23 10 years ago

Mildly funny...when I had the machine I was just starting to experiment with different LEDs. One sling had warm bulbs and the other had cool. I was mulling it over when I sold the machine. Guess he left them still in place....that would drive me nutso!

#24 10 years ago

Makes me feel even better about my TAF. I guess I'd have to rate mine a 12.6? LOL...

#25 10 years ago

I saw this listing when someone compared my Addams Family for sale (much nicer but not even close to a 9.8) to this one to negotiate price. Funny thing though is that this listing copies much of mine (hence the Cointaker LEDs) and upon looking at his other listings I see he's copied others as well.

It's one thing when people list/sell pins and overrate it because they just don't know any better. But blatantly copying others and clearly misrepresenting...come on. I think I know who this person is, and he does post here, not that it really matters.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

I saw this listing when someone compared my Addams Family for sale (much nicer but not even close to a 9.8) to this one to negotiate price. Funny thing though is that this listing copies much of mine (hence the Cointaker LEDs) and upon looking at his other listings I see he's copied others as well.
It's one thing when people list/sell pins and overrate it because they just don't know any better. But blatantly copying others and clearly misrepresenting...come on. I think I know who this person is, and he does post here, not that it really matters.

I hope he sees this thread. It's BS. It's waaaaay beyond salesmanship at this point.

#27 10 years ago

9.8? PFFFFT...

My pinball goes to 11.....

#28 10 years ago

Its at $4595 and the reserve still hasn't been met

#29 10 years ago

His grading system makes just about as much sense as ours...

#30 10 years ago

6.97243845134 but who is grading it?

#31 10 years ago

Maybe it should be placed in a sealed plastic slab with grading information like PCGS does.

#32 10 years ago

$4500 and reserve not met, what a doucher

#33 10 years ago

The only thing that's a 9.8 in that ad is the new "Gold" Roms still in the package.

#34 10 years ago

I bought those

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I bought those

HAHAHAAHAHAA!

#36 10 years ago

Yeah. I'm going to guess he never even opened the machine after I delivered it. Went to sell it and discovered them in the cash box....

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Yeah. I'm going to guess he never even opened the machine after I delivered it. Went to sell it and discovered them in the cash box....

Probably thought he struck gold!! Get it?

#38 10 years ago

I find it funny that he says it has magnet discoloration, but not magnet burn.

Wonders Lisa, or Blunders?
Implied Lisa, or Implode?

#39 10 years ago

From the ad:
"Way above average with minimal mansion wear."

Really? 2 decals missing more than 25% is minimal? I hope the seller isn't on pinside.

#40 10 years ago

I have one in similar condition I would sell for $4500 - Southeast PA if anyone is interested.. I am just finishing up a basic shop job, new rubbers, new cliffy and cabinet protectors. PM me.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Mint - The one pinball term that makes me cringe. Like a sliding scale ...

Mint (the only real definition). That shit that grows like mad in the spring/summer in my backyard that I cut and make sun-tea out of.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcadevudoo:

I have one in similar condition I would sell for $4500 - Southeast PA if anyone is interested.. I am just finishing up a basic shop job, new rubbers, new cliffy and cabinet protectors. PM me.

Trade me for my T2?

#43 10 years ago

$4750

"Reserve not met"

#44 10 years ago

@ Nemesis, t2 plus cash?

#45 10 years ago

uh oh...this may not meet the reserve....!

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcadevudoo:

@ Nemesis, t2 plus cash?

PM me ;o

This isn't an ordinary T2 (but it also isn't a chrome edition HEP restore either) BUT perhaps we can dance... you are welcome to come over and check Arnie out.

#47 10 years ago

I just messages him and told him he's begin smoked on pinside. We will see if he comes on here. Ed

2 weeks later
#48 10 years ago

LOL "smoked"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 159.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-on-ebay-in-98-conditionummmm-what and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.