7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by whthrs166
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 7 years ago

So my mildly-modded TAF worked perfectly fine (free play mode) prior to moving to my new house. Since the move, the start button does not start the game. I visually inspected all the soldered connections in the whole cabinet, and all appear fine. I ensured all the chips were properly seated. I ensured all the wire clips were properly seated. I replaced the start button with a new one. No change.

No here's where it gets weird: occasionally (maybe 1 in 20 power up cycles), I can get it to start by pressing the start button and slowly opening or closing the coin door... When it starts, it will play a full game perfectly. Sometimes, on the very next game, pressing the start button will immediately launch another game. Sometimes not. Also, I've found that if I can do the button/door trick, the trick usually continues to work until I power the machine down, and then it typically won't work on the next several power ups...

What am I missing? I'm having pinball withdrawal!

#2 7 years ago

Go to switch test and test the start button. Also make sure the ball trough switches are also all working.

7 months later
#3 6 years ago

Updating this so anyone else with the same problem can see the fix. After much testing and trouble shooting, it seemed a very slightly loose ROM chip was the culprit. When the game started, everything worked perfectly, but it just wouldn't start reliably. Reseated the ROM chips and now it's started reliably over 500 times.

#4 6 years ago

Interesting Thanks for the update

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

16,000 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 1,159.00
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-not-starting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.