20200625_123936 (resized).jpg
20200625_123922 (resized).jpg
IMG_1656 (resized).jpg
IMG_1655 (resized).jpg
IMG_1654 (resized).jpg
IMG_1651 (resized).jpg
IMG_1649 (resized).jpg
IMG_1653 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbeardsley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

That sucks and I'm sorry to hear it but...who is that we should beware of?

Yes, please inform us.

Also, how much were you charged for this pin?

The concept of "museum quality" means different things to different people. Some (especially non-pinball people) think that it means "still mostly works". Others expect it to be NIB.

If you pay $2K and expect NIB, you are going to be disappointed... but if you paid $6K and got "mostly working", you have a right to be pissed.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

also 5 months later is there even CC protection available? Most have time limits for filing disputes.

Which is probably why there were "delays" in getting the machine shipped in the first place.

Odds are the scammer knew that if he delayed long enough, the credit card protection would be beyond the time limit.

#50 3 years ago

If you look at his website, he is still listing this "one of a kind" AF as available for sale. I wonder how many of these he has already sold.

I had to do a charge back on my CC for a poorly done (non-pinball related) service. I had to jump through some hoops to do it, but I did get my money back (though it was only like $1200, not $13K).

3 weeks later
#94 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

OP... be careful! The credit card company will TELL you what to do and they will likely need you to ship the unit back to seller to regardless of his current situation or finances or hardships or COVID whatever. The Visa or Mastercard merchant agreement is very specific in the remedies they will seek from the seller, but for YOU, the buyer, you are protected by YOUR agreement that you signed when applying for the credit card originally. In a nutshell, your contract agreement signed by you when you got your credit card says: if you receive goods or services that are materially different than what you contracted for, their buyer protection kicks in. That said, the CC will tell you what they need you to do to complete your obligation in this dispute.
(I've been through more than 2 dozen disputes vith VISA for all kinds of goods and services, and the credit card company ALWAYS makes it right AS LONG AS you do your part of what they ask. They will likely want proof that you shipped it back to him).

I suspect that the reason he shipped it to HEP is to get an "outside expert" evaluation for the CC company.

In my one CC dispute, I had to do that. They wanted an evaluation to see that the service I received was "below industry standard". I got a letter from a secondary provider which said basically "Yes, we would never provide service that looks like this and would not expect a customer to be satisfied with it."

Once the CC got that statement, they credited me the full amount.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,159.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbeardsley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-nightmare?tu=mbeardsley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.