You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130413_140712.jpg
image-306.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1680.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from WannaTheater:

Does anyone have any FACTS on if IPB will be making more? DoigPiranha seems to have posted the "closest to source" comment. Anyone have any additional facts to support/contradict?

Facts, TAF repro playfields are NOT happening.

Over 26 months and counting where I have had numerous conversations with IPB both in person, on email, and over the phone and the template reply is that the are coming soon/next month/ off to the silscreener/ make up any BS you want...

Plain and simple they are never happening. The best thing that could happen for TAF owners is if IPB gets their legal troubles taken care of and is forced to sell the ability to remake pfs to someone that can get teh job done right.

Even IF IPB managed to someday remake them, trust me that the quality would likely not be worth buying. Have you seen the most recent pfs they have made??? not worth the price and the colors are wrong and the registration is off (which is odd since the last ones were direct print I think).

1 week later
#57 10 years ago
Quoted from WannaTheater:

Perhaps I am just picky, but that ebay playfield seems like the printing positioning is way off. Is this is what is referred to as "registration errors?"

No, registration errors would be when the multiple screens are not lined up (registered using the registration marks or key typically) properly so each ink layer is slightly off from planned position. This results in a more 3-D looking effect of tight areas with overlap of multiple screens. Look at registration marks on the lower R and lower left of the pf to see what I am talking about.

The one on ebay just appears to be slightly off position from the blank/ through holes on the bottom left side inlanes. Go look at original TAFs and other IPB TAFs and you will see this is actually somewhat typical. There are small variances in any screen print and blank, and the keyline (black outline) is what ties it all together and covers up any small issues.

From what I can see in the pictures this is pretty nice example.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

The auction at ebay is strange to me as the seller does not want to accept foreign bids even though the shipment address would be in the US and the payment would be done via PayPal. Well, the seller has the right to determine the terms under which the auction is held, but hopefully this will not be a growing phenomenon though!

Not really odd from my POV. International shipping is both risky and a PITA, esp when shipping something made of wood. If you have a US shipping address then have your US fridn bid on your behalf. That would be a way to be able to bid.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-new-playfields?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.