Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DT (resized).jpg
2017-09-20 15.34.26 (resized).jpg
2017-09-20 15.34.40 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Highclasspinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi Everybody,

I will start printing TAF and TAFG playfields tomorrow. Following up the issues of colors I would like to get some feedback to my plan.

First - the art is completely redrawn to avoid same printing issues WMS had. There will be no bleeding of any colors around inserts - and there are several other issues which I fixed. Both versions use the same art. All playfields are made on the most modern machines - the inserts are glued in by a robot and all coatings are done by robots (even the mixing of the materials for the robot is done by special automated systems with 100% accurancy), so no human errors occur here. The goal is to have perfection... This is the reason why I do not have different quality levels.

I have two different versions of the playfield as the TAF production used different inserts than the TAFG production. On TAF we have the rectangles with more facetts (right on the pic) and on TAFG the newer style with less facetts. In addition to that the arrow on the production version is the older, smaller style (left on the pic) instead of the newer wider style used on TAFG.

Let's get to the color question for the playfields. After checking ipdb.org and my contacts to former WMS people it was wanted to have a different look on the playfield colors.

In the past I have shopped many TAF and TAFG games and still have some here. They do have one thing together - all prodcution TAF had a darker green and a less pregnant bordoux on the carpet and backside of the book. Beside that there are strong variations in the purple which goes from light blue to purple. This has to be a purple and differences are caused by wrong mixture of the old manufacturers and fading due to the age of the print.

So my question is how do you want the TAF playfields look like? Darker green and less visible bordaux as it was on the initial run or same as on TAFG with the brighter green and darker bodaux?

Next question - Is there a demand for a special edition with glittering effects? I have nice glitter in neon orange, green metallic and gold which could be used to highlight specific areas like the Addams logo in the center for example. Please let me know your thoughts...

I would love to start a poll here, but do not know how to put it in...

The timeframe is:

first ones will be able to ship early october.

Beside TAF and TAFG I have just finished Safecracker which will be availbale probably end of next week and the rerun of WH20 (errors are corrected). BK2K will print right after TAF/TAFG.

Thanks for your feedback!

Best Regards,
Mirco Steffen
www.facebook.com/mircoplayfields

2017-09-20 15.34.40 (resized).jpg2017-09-20 15.34.40 (resized).jpg

2017-09-20 15.34.26 (resized).jpg2017-09-20 15.34.26 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

So maybe green metallic and gold in the logo? Neon orange as well? Just the center of course...

#4 6 years ago

The Price for the TAF and TAFG playfields will be 989 US$ shipped. 20$ off of each if you buy two playfields of any kind same time, 30$ off of each for 3 same time.

Regards,
Mirco

#15 6 years ago

Just to be clear here: i do have official licence to do the playfields. I would never run any title without having the rights to.

And some of the first FHs were a few millimeter too long, but NEVER 2"!

The first WOZ were made by a different manufacturer. I did not have any problems on them.

Regards,
Mirco

#31 6 years ago

Hi!

Looks like the common feedback is that the regular version should be slightly darker than the GOLD edition. Thanks a lot for the feedback!

If you wish to comment there would be time till monday as green is one of the last colors to print...

Regards,
Mirco

#33 6 years ago

I would just add effects to existing colors and do not change any art or colors - so there is no problem at that point... Right now I think about adding gold glitter and maybe green metallic glitter to the main logo. I will do some tests on monday. But I would have to decide that right away as we can't hold on printing for answers...

#36 6 years ago

I would love to see the effect! Maybe you can email a few pics?

#40 6 years ago

It will be exact same art as the original.

#42 6 years ago

BK2K will be available mid November...

Regards,
Mirco

1 week later
2 weeks later
#48 6 years ago

Hi.

Sorry for the issues. I don't know how the shop system works here and can't do much here. You can email me if you can't figure it out and we find a different way to order...

Regards.
Mirco

#50 6 years ago

You can email me at mircoplayfields at gmail dot com

Regards, Mirco

4 months later
#52 6 years ago

Hi all.

As I had many requests lately I would like to update this thread to still available. I have enough stock to ship Playfields immediately. All versions and all other repro Playfields I made are in Stock.

My new printing equipment is now set up and running. As we have some Playfields here which need to be printed first I'm not sure right now if I can get bsd and bk2k ready before TPF. For sure when I return from vacation.

Regards. Mirco

#54 6 years ago

Yes. Tz is still in Stock. They are 989 shipped.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Highclasspinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-mirco-reproplayfields-taf-and-tafg?tu=Highclasspinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.