Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

003 (resized).JPG
IMG_5444 (resized).jpg
IMG_5442 (resized).jpg
taf-knocker-location (resized).jpg
taf-knocker (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I have a non gold Addams Family that is missing the knocker (definitely miss it during the "Seance" mode. I can't seem to find the knocker assembly part number. Is the "knockoff assembly" the same thing?

I found a link for two different knockers but there's a $50 price difference between the two. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

$29: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-10686-2
$89: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15267

#4 7 years ago

Just the bracket ( Kerry makes excellent parts ) not the whole assembly the OP needs.

LTG : )

#5 7 years ago

Awesome! Thanks a bunch for the info. Ordering now

#6 7 years ago

For reference, from the TAF manual:

taf-knocker (resized).jpgtaf-knocker (resized).jpg

taf-knocker-location (resized).jpgtaf-knocker-location (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

I'm just about to install the replacement knocker assembly but I don't see any wiring nearby for me to plug the new knocker assembly into. Should there just be a plug from the old wiring harness. Sorry for the ignorant question!

#8 7 years ago

If your game is a reimport, it may not have wires.

Manual helps.

Or - go into Tests - Coils - stop on knocker. Hit the start button then start hitting the + diagnostic button, this steps you through coil, fuse, drive transistor, WIRE COLORS, CONNECTOR NUMBER AND PIN INFO at the power driver board.

Follow from the power driver board and see if the wires are there and where they go. You may need to run wires if you don't find them.

LTG : )

#9 7 years ago

After receiving the replacement knocker assembly from pinball life, I don't really see how it should attach to the cabinet. The orientation of the mounting holes on the replacement assembly do not match with the existing holes and it makes it so that the plunger would shoot out towards nothing. Am I missing a part? It seems that the plunger would want a metal plate to "knock" into. Thanks!

IMG_5444 (resized).jpgIMG_5444 (resized).jpg

IMG_5442 (resized).jpgIMG_5442 (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

You need to get the bracket from Mantis to attach that to the cabinet. That's the one used on all other WPC machines that normally would go in the back box. I believe you can reuse the coil and related. The correct knocker assembly knocks on a blue square rubber on the bracket. See Forceflow's pics above from the manual to see the difference in brackets.

#11 7 years ago

this should help . . .

003 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from halomojo:

After receiving the replacement knocker assembly from pinball life, I don't really see how it should attach to the cabinet. The orientation of the mounting holes on the replacement assembly do not match with the existing holes and it makes it so that the plunger would shoot out towards nothing. Am I missing a part? It seems that the plunger would want a metal plate to "knock" into. Thanks!

Unfortunately, that is not the correct knocker assembly. TAF is an oddball game that had a unique knocker.

More photos here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-taf-restoration

#13 7 years ago

What you received from vendor is incorrect or miss represented.

That's a kickback bracket with the wrong coil installed. Return it.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

What you received from vendor is incorrect or miss represented.
That's a kickback bracket with the wrong coil installed. Return it.

Nope - it's a standard WMS knocker assembly that mounts in the headbox.

#15 7 years ago

Thanks for the info everyone. I want to make sure I'm not putting good money after bad. Would you recommend returning the part I already purchased and buy a different assembly altogether, or does it look like I can use the knocker assembly that I purchased with the bracket from Mantis, I can't really tell from the photos.

It looks like this is the right part, it just seemed much more expensive than the others:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15267

#16 7 years ago

A-15267 is the correct one.

#17 7 years ago

Yikes is PBL's A-15267 incorrect then? Definitely much cheaper and different than Marco's.

edit: Looks like Lloyd quoted the corrent P/N but just linked to the wrong item in PBL's store.

#18 7 years ago

I just checked, and PBL doesn't carry A-15267.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

edit: Looks like Lloyd quoted the corrent P/N but just linked to the wrong item in PBL's store.

Yep, that's exactly what happened. Buck up and buy the correct one from Marco. The plunger is different between the 2 and the TAF also has a spring that the standard knocker does not. The knocker you purchased relies on gravity to return the plunger.

#20 7 years ago

Also, the purple/yellow wires behind your transformer look like the knocker wires. Look at Fast's post above.

#21 7 years ago

Get the correct one from Mantis. That was remade because my old game didn't have one. Kerry made it for the New owner of my game since it was obsolete.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 180.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,159.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-knocker-part-number and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.