(Topic ID: 274611)

Addams Family - Insert Lamps Not Working (No 18v)

By at1105

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00568 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

The insert lamps in my Addams Family aren’t working. F114 is good and LED 6 is lit but there’s less than 1v at TP8. Any idea of what the issue might be or where to go next?

#2 3 years ago

Keep following the schematics back until you find correct voltage, hopefully then can see where it stops and find the bad component / connector etc...

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from at1105:

The insert lamps in my Addams Family aren’t working. F114 is good and LED 6 is lit but there’s less than 1v at TP8. Any idea of what the issue might be or where to go next?

If the 18V LED is lit (LED6) and the capacitors were replaced by someone that's unfamiliar with replacing "snap-in" capacitors, then they probably broke the via on board itself under C7 that transfers the 18V from the bottom side of the board to the top side. You can verify this by checking for continuity between the 18V test point and R196 on the side of the resistor that's furthest from LED6.

If the 18V LED (LED6) was not lit, AND you were missing 12V at TP3 (LED1) then I would lean towards a blown BR1.

DSC00568 (resized).JPGDSC00568 (resized).JPG
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

If the 18V LED is lit (LED6) and the capacitors were replaced by someone that's unfamiliar with replacing "snap-in" capacitors, then they probably broke the via on board itself under C7 that transfers the 18V from the bottom side of the board to the top side. You can verify this by checking for continuity between the 18V test point and R196 on the side of the resistor that's furthest from LED6.
If the 18V LED (LED6) was not lit, AND you were missing 12V at TP3 (LED1) then I would lean towards a blown BR1.[quoted image]

That was it! I pulled the board and checked continuity between the 18v test point and the cap leads along the via across to R196 - nothing. Solder in some jumpers and tested - it works! The flashers are back. Thanks for your help!

#5 3 years ago

at1105 Thanks for updating the final fix action. I've seen this exact same problem so many times that I made the diagram above to help folks see how the circuit traces run.

3 months later
#6 3 years ago

Got my lights back because of that post. Thank you Pin_Guy

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
30,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
16,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dawsonville, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball
Rubber/Silicone
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-insert-lamps-not-working-no-18v?hl=at1105 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.