Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F313144A-EEDF-41FA-8783-FCEDF64AA05F (resized).png
2E51679E-B75F-40EE-BD9B-4906DE197408 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

I’m pretty far into a play field swap on my Addams family machine and found that I don’t like the alignment of the metal guide with respect to the rubber post in this location. Any advice on which part I should attempt to adjust or move to fix this issue

2E51679E-B75F-40EE-BD9B-4906DE197408 (resized).jpeg2E51679E-B75F-40EE-BD9B-4906DE197408 (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

Metal guide rail should be against your purple post rubber. Any wiggle room on purple post to loosen and then tighten closer to rail? Same with rail can you loosen last nut on bottom of guide and use your hand to hold closer to purple post when tightening the nut. Might have to put a slight bend in last inch or so of guide then reinstall. Looks like you need an 1/8 inch or less to meet rubber post. See pic.

F313144A-EEDF-41FA-8783-FCEDF64AA05F (resized).pngF313144A-EEDF-41FA-8783-FCEDF64AA05F (resized).png
#3 1 year ago

You will mushroom out the end edge of metal guide from ball hits if not closer to post, I have seen on other adams.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from diode:Metal guide rail should be against your purple post rubber. Any wiggle room on purple post to loosen and then tighten closer to rail? Same with rail can you loosen last nut on bottom of guide and use your hand to hold closer to purple post when tightening the nut. Might have to put a slight bend in last inch or so of guide then reinstall. Looks like you need an 1/8 inch or less to meet rubber post. See pic.
[quoted image]

The purple post and the rail are both pretty tight holes. Not much movement there. But I suppose i can open each hole up a bit.. and then bend the rail to take up any more slack necessary. Probably the right way to do it would be a new hole for the rail but it would be darn close to the existing hole and id end up with a slot anyways

#5 1 year ago

The post should be tight in the wood to transfer the impact of direct hits without moving. I wouldn't open that hole up. Carefully bend the guide instead.

Is that a CPR or Mirco playfield?

#6 1 year ago

You’ll have to re-drill the hole for the screw that positions the ball guide.

Take a toothpick apply wood glue place in existing hole and cut flush. Drill new hole this will take a little finesse not to slip into the old hole, just start your drill at an angle a straighten as you go. Reassemble immediately. Being so close to the old hole when screwed in it will compress the old hole for a secure fix.

Just adding that I was referring to a screw hole obviously this won’t work if the ball guide is anchored at this point from the bottom of the playfield.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Barr993:

Carefully bend the guide instead.

This. The hole is correct. I'll bet the guide is in the correct position but tilted away from the post.

Take a pair of pliers and bend it back the other way.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Barr993:

The post should be tight in the wood to transfer the impact of direct hits without moving. I wouldn't open that hole up. Carefully bend the guide instead.
Is that a CPR or Mirco playfield?

It’s a CPR playfield. I think I hesitate to bend the guide that far but ill take a look at it later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 180.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-guide-alignment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.