New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 175156)

Addams Family End of Ball Flipper Snap Not Activating

By cheshirefilms

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Reznnate
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I remember that TAF end of Ball is supposed to trigger the flippers automatically snapping in time to the music every few games or so. Since switching to the pinsound board, I have not noticed this feature getting activated anymore. Is this related? Flippers were also having issues recently, though now they work fine. Not sure how the game knows when to do its automatic flipper 'snap.'

#2 3 years ago

It doesn't do it every ball. Maybe once every 20 balls or something.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

It doesn't do it every ball. Maybe once every 20 balls or something.

Ive played over a dozen games in a row, no snaps, since upgrading to the pinsound board.

#4 3 years ago

Go to Adjustments A.1-32, and set Bonus flips to Yes. It is not listed in the manual.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Go to Adjustments A.1-32, and set Bonus flips to Yes. It is not listed in the manual.

Not it. That's the feature that prevents you from flipping yourself during the bonus. Nothing to do with the snap flip feature.

Still- no bonus flips to the theme song with my pinsound board.

Wondering if this feature was hardwired into the original soundboard somehow, hasn't been duplicated on pinsound?

Anyone with a Pinsound board in their TAF successfully enjoy this feature?

#6 3 years ago

Just got word from Nicolas at Pinsound- this feature will be in a future firmware push, not currently enabled.

2 years later
#7 1 year ago

Was this ever fixed? I'm seeing the same problem with a pinsound plus.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Was this ever fixed? I'm seeing the same problem with a pinsound plus.

Listening.....

1 week later
#9 1 year ago

Test new firmware and AFAICT, no improvement.
So I asked my question on pinsound.org but it disappeared. So I asked again. Repost is here:

https://qa.pinsound.org/738/addams-family-end-of-ball-flipper-snap-not-activating

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside