(Topic ID: 96199)

Addams Family. Correct order of switches for swamp lock.

By buffaloatx

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have been working on this machine for the last 8 months to trying to get this machine from a pretty beat up "players condition" to something resembling a real playable, working game. After getting the bookcase, thing hand, swamp kickout, and thing flips working, things looked like they were looking up.
Until I found that the three swamp lock switches stopped working, ok, so no big deal, take some pictures of the switches, pull them all, a little solder here and put them back. Now a ball will not lock for multiball. Tested the switches with a ball in switch edge, and all switches register as working. The only thing I can guss is I have the switches in the wrong order.
So now with the history out of the way, does anyone know what the correct order the switches are supposed to close for lock? Should the first lock be lower swamp lock, then center, then upper? Since this is a physical lock the order of the switches should matter, so the game will recognize that a ball has indeed been locked and needs to drop a new ball into the shooter lane, I think...
Anyway thanks for reading, and any help you can offer.

#2 9 years ago

Bottom one is lower swamp lock, then center and then upper.

#3 9 years ago

What terryb said is correct. In other words... The first ball that is locked should close the lower switch, then the second ball would close the middle, then the third ball would close the upper.

Another way to test this would be in switch levels test (right after switch edges in the test menu). Drop a ball into the vault and see which switch it holds closed. I believe it should hold the lower swamp lock closed. If not, they are probably in the wrong order.

Derek

#4 9 years ago

While we're at it, I can't get my thing flips to work. I replaced both optos and it still won't work. Any ideas?

#5 9 years ago

What do you mean it doesn't work? Does it never even try to flip the ball? Or it just doesn't make the shot?

#6 9 years ago

Never tries to flip the ball, the switch test doesn't work either.

#7 9 years ago

Does it flip with a flipper button? If not, check the coil to make sure its getting power. Do your bookcase optos work? If not check to make sure you have all your 12 volts from the power driver board.
If everything is fine make sure that you wired the optos you replaced correctly, check for solder forming a bridge between the solder pads (god knows I've done that a few times).
Good luck.

#8 9 years ago

Thanks dmklunk, and terryb. It was a combination of not having the switches in the right order, the whole swamp assembly being slightly misaligned, and the lower lock switch had one of those spacers that was too tall and was causing the switch wire form from fully closing the switch.
You both are scholars and gentlemen....
Now its SHOWTIME!!!!

#9 9 years ago

Thanks for the advice. Turns out the previous owner somehow had both opto switches wired backwards. It was pretty much my last thing to try out and it actually worked! I was shocked and delighted. I reset new location in utilities in order to reset Thing Flips. It's working perfect now. Woot!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
$ 180.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-correct-order-of-switches-for-swamp-lock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.