1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JMAJ
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

New development in this game another setback. After replacing all 5 bridge rectifiers and all 5 large caps the game now boots up and plays a game without the switching power supply hooked up All features as well as GI lamps work. But now none of the controlled lamps work at all. All fuses are good and I can not find any plugs on the board left off or in wrong spot. Any ideas where to start?

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from JMAJ:

New development in this game another setback. After replacing all 5 bridge rectifiers and all 5 large caps the game now boots up and plays a game without the switching power supply hooked up All features as well as GI lamps work. But now none of the controlled lamps work at all. All fuses are good and I can not find any plugs on the board left off or in wrong spot. Any ideas where to start?

If there were any plugs off, they’d be at or near j133 on the power driver board

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from JMAJ:

"all 5 large caps"

You more than likely pulled a through hole or more at either C6, C7 or both. Check the voltage at TP8. It is probably 0V.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from JMAJ:

New development in this game another setback. After replacing all 5 bridge rectifiers and all 5 large caps the game now boots up and plays a game without the switching power supply hooked up All features as well as GI lamps worked correctly. But now none of the controlled lamps work at all. All fuses are good and I can not find any plugs on the board left off or in wrong spot. Any ideas where to start?

All ribbon cables connected correctly?

#5 1 year ago

All plugs are correct. Ribbon cable seems good. TP 8 has 0 volts.

#6 1 year ago

I am getting continuity from the legs of the caps at C6 and C7

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from JMAJ:

TP 8 has 0 volts.

Quoted from JMAJ:

I am getting continuity from the legs of the caps at C6 and C7

Continuity between the legs of the capacitors is not the same as continuity between the legs of the capacitors and the test point. If you have 0V at the test point you have a problem. The most common cause of this problem is the removal of the through holes with the removal of the original capacitors.

If TP3 is showing +12VDC and LED6 is illuminated and TP8 is showing 0VDC it is going to be the through holes of the capacitors C6 and/or C7.

If TP3 is showing 0VDC and LED6 is NOT illuminated and TP8 is showing 0VDC it is going to be the through hole at the positive lead of BR1.

Take a close look at the traces on the board. You should be familiar with this stuff if you are replacing capacitors.

#8 1 year ago

I went back and desoldered and resoldered Capacitors 6 and 7. And reflowed the solder on all the bridge rectifier legs. Put the board in and we have lights. All is well.

Thanks a ton for all the help, tips and advice from all you guys. Turns out the transformer wasnt bad after all luckily.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-controlled-lamps-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.