(Topic ID: 216169)

Addams Family - Change German Coin Door to US?

By halomojo

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

screen-capture-10 (resized).png
large (resized).JPG
015 (resized).JPG
large (resized).JPG
large322 (resized).jpg
large334 (resized).jpg
large (resized).JPG
7f004a5011ebceed26688d1c13073279725395fb (resized).jpg
017 (resized).JPG
6222C966-1356-4473-8BD5-8D386FBB8FA2 (resized).jpeg
34413151386_2a61f07189_h (resized).jpg
image-32 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Do you know if it's possible to swap the German Coin Door on an Addams Family machine? Would this be what I need?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/09-61000-X

If so, is it just plug and play? Thanks very much.

#2 5 years ago

That will work but I can get a new door with no harness for $50 and you can use your old harness but you won't have the other coin slots lighted unless you add lights to them and jumper the power from the one light.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from halomojo:

Do you know if it's possible to swap the German Coin Door on an Addams Family machine? Would this be what I need?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/09-61000-X
If so, is it just plug and play? Thanks very much.

It's the wrong style of door.

The US style on earlier WPC games has a set of coin slots centered on the door.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=20&picno=38592

Unfortunately, that coin door is hard to find, and new replacement parts haven't been made available.

image-32 (resized).jpgimage-32 (resized).jpg

#5 5 years ago

Do you know if this door requires any modification, or can I plug it right into the existing machine. Thanks!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from halomojo:

Do you know if this door requires any modification, or can I plug it right into the existing machine. Thanks!

That should work fine - coin doors for SS and DMD machines seem to be made to a certain set of standard dimensions

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That should work fine - coin doors for SS and DMD machines seem to be made to a certain set of standard dimensions

Just a small detail ... the dimensions might be standard but they are not all electrically compatible (from a plug-n-play) perspective. As an example System 11 doors can fit into WPC cabinets and visa versa but they are not electrically compatible without some modification.

#8 5 years ago

Is your door damaged? It’s super easy to replace the slots and coin return buttons and make it look a little more domestic. You can even give it a quick rattle can job while it’s out and it will be good as new for a fraction of the cost.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Is your door damaged? It’s super easy to replace the slots and coin return buttons and make it look a little more domestic. You can even give it a quick rattle can job while it’s out and it will be good as new for a fraction of the cost.

For some reason, the previous owner put some sort of glue over the the coin slots, so I was looking for a replacement.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from halomojo:

For some reason, the previous owner put some sort of glue over the the coin slots, so I was looking for a replacement.

The glue might be able to be removed.

Which coin door do you have, exactly? Can you post a photo?

Do you have the two-slot coin door like I posted above? If so, you can just replace the plastic parts.

#11 5 years ago

German door should have 3 coin slots.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The glue might be able to be removed.
Which coin door do you have, exactly? Can you post a photo?
Do you have the two-slot coin door like I posted above? If so, you can just replace the plastic parts.

34413151386_2a61f07189_h (resized).jpg34413151386_2a61f07189_h (resized).jpg

#13 5 years ago

Switch out to a TAFG and cover that baby in Gold!!! Correct door comes with the Gold upgrade!!

#15 5 years ago

6222C966-1356-4473-8BD5-8D386FBB8FA2 (resized).jpeg6222C966-1356-4473-8BD5-8D386FBB8FA2 (resized).jpeg

Here’s my ghetto refurbished coin door... looks better in person than in the pix but it looks WAY better than it did when I started either way! Just replaced the slots, the return buttons and covers, and I did a little rattle can job. Yours looks like someone drilled a couple holes in it, but fill those with a little JB weld and do a little sanding and I think that door will clean up real nice.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from halomojo:

Yes it will, this style coin door is the next version and will plug right in to the board with no modifications needed.

017 (resized).JPG017 (resized).JPG

#17 5 years ago

You just need a new reject button bezel for a 2 slot it will bolt right on, but the 3 slot is bad ass I'd keep it and just stuff 3 new reject buttons in there man!

I was hunting for some of the other colors used in earlier Wells Gardner/Coin Controls coin doors and actually saw those orange 2 part reject buttons used in all Williams and WMS coin doors cast in green plastic with the green coin slot!

7f004a5011ebceed26688d1c13073279725395fb (resized).jpg7f004a5011ebceed26688d1c13073279725395fb (resized).jpg
large (resized).JPGlarge (resized).JPG
large334 (resized).jpglarge334 (resized).jpg
large322 (resized).jpglarge322 (resized).jpg

015 (resized).JPG015 (resized).JPG

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/27-1006

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from halomojo:

Twisted Quarter has much less expensive doors ($70 vs $160 at PBL):

http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=171_382&products_id=241

You don't need a door with the Dollar Bill Validator cutout because Addams won't work with the Mars stackers (no clearance for even the smallest bill cartridge), and stackerless suck.

#19 5 years ago

That's still the wrong style door for early WPC games.

Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yours looks like someone drilled a couple holes in it

Yeah, those were for installing a plate to cover one of the coin slots. I've seen that done to a lot of coin doors, unfortunately.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's still the wrong style door for early WPC games.

Yeah, those were for installing a plate to cover one of the coin slots. I've seen that done to a lot of coin doors, unfortunately.

Are you talking cosmetically or dimensionally? I know I put a newer door on an Addams recently, and I'm pretty sure it was one of the Twisted Quarter ones. All I had to do is change the switch location that's built into the door on Addams, but the plate for that is widely available, and both of those (door and plate) are a LOT cheaper than $160/$170 that PBL/Marco want for their doors.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you talking cosmetically or dimensionally?

Cosmetically.

Why are some people even bothering to take out the foreign door that looks "wrong" if you're going to only put in another "wrong" door to replace it? That doesn't make sense to me.

#22 5 years ago

I converted my Creature German 3 slot to 2 slot (TWSS!!!) using Swinks part. Looks the part and can swap back. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-wms-coin-door-bezels#post-3534787

Would save you some money.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Cosmetically.
Why are some people even bothering to take out the foreign door that looks "wrong" if you're going to only put in another "wrong" door to replace it? That doesn't make sense to me.

Well in our case, the original was beat up and not worth the time to save.

#24 5 years ago

if your need a bezel for different options

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkscoin&sort=newest

apologies about the price, are large parts made on demand

screen-capture-10 (resized).pngscreen-capture-10 (resized).png

#25 5 years ago

You know, for now, until you decide what style door to get and all that other stuff, I'd suggest swapping out the 5DM and 2DM orange coin slots and get that pricing decal from Marco to cover the middle one. Make sure you remove the bulb for the middle reject button, though.

I think if you did that it'd look like a factory correct two slot door, all for a few bucks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,159.00
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 180.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-change-german-coin-door-to-us and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.