• Latest reply 8 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

469835_(resized).jpg
image-7_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jungle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

pinball news article report on brand new barcade/café that opened in Birmingham U.K last year. There are seven machines mainly Stern including GOT and Kiss. They report the Hobbit will join the line-up as soon as they ship. So we should have an interesting contest.

#29 8 years ago

I have a feeling that £1 a play / £2 for 3 is too much for some locations especially in cases where the bar has just the one machine and pinball is unlikely to be the main attraction for most casual players. And more people will have multiple games and hopefully spend more on drinks etc. One pub I know charges 50p /£1 for 3 and their machine/s get played by regular customers that I strongly suspect were not already into pinball.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I was at the cafe in Birmingham a few weeks ago and the AF was in mint condition. I played 2 games of AF and 1 game of Kiss and GOT. Without any doubt, AF is still a winner.
£1 for a 3 ball game is too rich for my blood though. Had they been cheaper to play I would've spent more money and stayed longer.

Yes and to play say 4 machines at a value price ( £2 x 4 ) would be more than the price of coffee/beer and some food. There is a café in Leicester that has several nice machines on freeplay. Surely the answer is somewhere between for places that are largely daytime venues. I think it's different for the Brewdog craft beer chain ( pinball news report upcoming ) Most of their beers cost around £5 a pint so it's not a down market clientele.

#44 8 years ago

Thanks for the updates. It seemed a bit strange to go freeplay and have the machines in the same room as non-playing customers. The Chiswick café was advised to place the machines downstairs and of course they are not free so hopefully this is a success.

#50 8 years ago

smokedog , how much do players pay for games on league nights ?

#57 8 years ago

Thanks Smokedog. I found Tron and ac/dc to be drain monsters on location. The former was in a York city centre pub and when it left I believe it was enough to put them off getting another pinball.

#60 8 years ago

I thought WOZ had done well on location ( according to Jack ! ) at least in terms of money in the box. Clearly he was correct to go with that title but on location it is almost certainly not ideal and maybe the LCD and attention grabbing features rescue it. The hobbit should be more popular with geeks/drinkers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 180.00
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jungle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-beats-new-sterns-on-location?tu=jungle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.