Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by reese_86
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi everyone, I have a problem on my TAF. If at the end of the game I have 1 or 2 balls blocked in the swamp, after the GAME OVER the pinball does not give me back the blocked balls. The only way to return them is to restart or turn off and on again. Why do you think? Thanks to anyone who can help me!

#2 5 years ago

Pretty sure the game is supposed to work that way. I just shopped one out and it kept the balls locked unless you started Multiball or turned the machine off.
If you played another game, the balls were released from the swamp instead of the shooter lane. The DMD flashes "watch for swamp kick out"

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from reese_86:

Hi everyone, I have a problem on my TAF. If at the end of the game I have 1 or 2 balls blocked in the swamp, after the GAME OVER the pinball does not give me back the blocked balls. The only way to return them is to restart or turn off and on again. Why do you think? Thanks to anyone who can help me!

The balls will come out when you start a new game.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The balls will come out when you start a new game.

No, the problem is exactly that: when I start a new game, the balls blocked by the previous game are not expelled. The only way is to switch off and on again!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Pretty sure the game is supposed to work that way. I just shopped one out and it kept the balls locked unless you started Multiball or turned the machine off.
If you played another game, the balls were released from the swamp instead of the shooter lane. The DMD flashes "watch for swamp kick out"

The problem is when I start a new game. The balls locked from the previous game, remains locked

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from reese_86:

The problem is when I start a new game. The balls locked from the previous game, remains locked

That's how most of Lawlor's games work. TAF, RS, FH, TZ (maybe others) all work that way. The only way to release them is shut the game off and turn it back on.

When you start a game they are stored there but are not 'locked' as part of the game. When a game needs that ball it will simply release it. There's no advantage or disadvantage to them being stored there when you start the game

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from reese_86:

No, the problem is exactly that: when I start a new game, the balls blocked by the previous game are not expelled. The only way is to switch off and on again!

First, check to make sure the balls are going all the way down to the kick out. Then with a ball, check to make sure all the switches on the kickout are working correctly. Maybe a wire has broken or fallen off a switch. Sounds like one of the switches may need adjusting or replacing. Great place to start. After that check the switches in the ball trough. If the 1st ball does not go over in to the ball trough, the machine will not look for any more balls.

Good Luck!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from reese_86:

This is how it is supposed to work. There isnt a problem.

#9 5 years ago

First, check to make sure the balls are going all the way down to the kick out. Then with a ball, check to make sure all the switches on the kickout are working correctly. Sounds like one of the switches may need adjusting or replacing. Great place to start.
Good Luck!

Thanks you, I'll try it!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

This is how it is supposed to work. There isnt a problem.

The game knows they are in the lock. It will simply release them from the swamp instead of the shooter lane when you lock new balls. Restarting a game, you will still have 0 balls locked virtually.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

That's how most of Lawlor's games work. TAF, RS, FH, TZ (maybe others) all work that way. The only way to release them is shut the game off and turn it back on.

The problem, however, is that if during the new game I have two balls blocked from the previous game, and I block another one, then the pinball needs another ball (which he does not find) to make me play the ball number 2.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

The game knows they are in the lock. It will simply release them from the swamp instead of the shooter lane when you lock new balls. Restarting a game, you will still have 0 balls locked virtually.

I think the problem is that balls remains locked. If I have 2 balls locked from the previous game and, for example, in the new game, Thing lock the 3°rd ball, I have not more balls for continue playing (I need a new ball to play the "ball number two"

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from reese_86:

Thanks you, I'll try it!

Put game is switch mode test. Remember to check the switch in the bottom of thing as well. If you can hear the ball being ejected to the swamp scoop it is probably working. Check for broken wires or broken solder joints on the thing kickout switch and coil, , uncle fester Kickout switch and coil, swamp kickout switch and coil and ball trough switches and coil under the apron.

Have fun.

#14 5 years ago

Put game is switch mode test. Remember to check the switch in the bottom of thing as well. If you can hear the ball being ejected to the swamp scoop it is probably working. Check for broken wires or broken solder joints on the thing kickout, uncle fester Kickout, swamp kickout and ball trough.
Have fun.

Thanks you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 180.00
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-balls-not-release-at-end-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.