By CoolCatPinball

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20221226_235133_Brave (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

So, I know Addams Family came from Bally with no ball save other than the 0 point save which is basically useless. Guests at my house who are new to pinball constantly walk away from Addams because of brutally short ball times. A short 6 to 8 second ball save would be nice. Has no one come up with a home ROM chip set that includes a ball save? My Whitewater has one installed. There's money to be made here for someone more tech literate than myself. Anyone have any info?

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, I know Addams Family came from Bally with no ball save other than the 0 point save which is basically useless. Guests at my house who are new to pinball constantly walk away from Addams because of brutally short ball times. A short 6 to 8 second ball save would be nice. Maybe even a few seconds at the beginning of multiballs like more modern titles? Has no one come up with a home ROM chip set that includes a ball save? My Whitewater has one installed. There's money to be made here for someone more tech literate than myself. Anyone have any info?

A home ROM definitely exists, but it is legally dubious, which is why it’s not talked about much

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

A home ROM definitely exists, but it is legally dubious, which is why it’s not talked about much

Any idea how I can track one down? PM if you like. Thanks!

#4 1 year ago
Screenshot_20221226_235133_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221226_235133_Brave (resized).jpg
#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

It's not "dubious". It's just intended for home use--no coin-op features since it was an unofficial release after the game was completed--usually by the original programmer. It's available on IPDB.

The H4 ROM has some bug fixes, but doesn't include a ball save feature.

For that, you would need someone like soren to add a new game feature. He's one of the few people who understands WPC game code, and currently has permission from PPS to work on improvements for game code.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's not "dubious". It's just intended for home use--no coin-op features since it was an unofficial release after the game was completed--usually by the original programmer. It's available on IPDB.
For that, you would need someone like soren to add a new game feature. He's one of the few people who understands WPC game code, and currently has permission from PPS to work on improvements for game code.

I would be willing to pay for an upgraded TAF code.

RM

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

I agree. I think there's a lot of solid ground to build on with TAF and a lot of fun stuff that can be added to it, too, all without ruining the overall experience. And I'm not just talking about added point bonuses like on the gold ROMs.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's good news at least!

Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

Quoted from Miguel351:

I agree. I think there's a lot of solid ground to build on with TAF and a lot of fun stuff that can be added to it, too, all without ruining the overall experience. And I'm not just talking about added point bonuses like on the gold ROMs.

Exactly. Not change the game, just modernize it a bit. Ball saves especially!!

#9 1 year ago

OK, so we can have an idea what we would ask for, what changes specifically would people like to see in updated code for TAF?

1. Timed Ball Save, selectable in Menu
2. ?
3. ?

RussM

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, so we can have an idea what we would ask for, what changes specifically would people like to see in updated code for TAF?
1. Timed Ball Save, selectable in Menu
2. ?
3. ?
RussM

I'm quite happy with the game as it is, but, if I could have my wishes... not sure. Maybe some uncle fester callouts? Shots to "complete" modes instead of just timed scoring? Perhaps some more original movie soundtrack music. I've never cared for that one Caribbean sounding track in the game. But mainly, all I'm really wanting is the ball save.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 159.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 1,159.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 180.00
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 29.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-ball-save-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.