DSC_0065.JPG
DSC_0064.JPG
DSC_0066.JPG
DSC_0061.JPG
DSC_0059.JPG
DSC_0056.JPG
DSC_0055.JPG
DSC_0057.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tdpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 10 years ago

This thread has been a big help! I too had to remove the head from my TAF to get it in my basement. Unfortunately the door is about 1" too narrow to make it through. Well I have done this for various pins and I took pics just like I normally do but my Android has been sluggish lately so much that my pics are now being affected (need to wipe it for sure). Anyway, the result was a much longer than normal reassembly and I am left with questions about the pinLED fliptronics II board as J806/J906 and J901 are vacant and one spare connector that is a 6 pin connector near the bottom right of the power driver board it's the smaller size connector as far as pin spacing goes. The connector pinout is:

from pin 1 (right to left):

black/green
unused
black/blue
black/purple
black/gray
orange

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#21 10 years ago

First of all thank you! So I moved the connector J806/J906 which is labeled EOS switch. The pic here show's all my connections. If that looks good I think I am ready to give it a whirl.

IMG_20131204_135950_125.jpgIMG_20131204_135950_125.jpg

#24 10 years ago

Hmm it looks like the connector on top of the right side of the fliptronics board is the 6 pin that I don't have connected at this point but that is way down on the bottom right corner of the backbox. Does it's pinout match this:

from pin 1 (right to left from your pic from top to bottom):

black/green
unused
black/blue
black/purple
black/gray
orange

#25 10 years ago

and if it turns out it is in that connector what J# is it in and what J# is the one below in? thanks!

#27 10 years ago

Awesome thanks! Not sure how the heck it ended up where it is.

#28 10 years ago

Well I thought I had it all figured out. Plugged it in. I see lights on every PCB except the pinLED Fliptronics board (4 lights by fuses didn't light up) and the DMD did not light up but the game started lights on the pf and sound. Fuses are all good still after power up. Back to the drawing board.

#30 10 years ago

yes as well as the two other connectors.

#31 10 years ago

Also the row of lights under the DMD are not lighting up

#35 10 years ago

Yeah I noticed that the row of THING lights went to the driver board. Kosmo - I checked all the connections and unfortunately that's not the problem although it's still possible I have something in the wrong spot somewhere but from all the pics I have looked at everything looks fine. I am going to have to check voltage tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

#40 10 years ago

Kosmo, those are AWESOME! Thank you so much! I am going to use these to do another walk through. I will update in a bit. Thanks again!

#41 10 years ago

Okay so I went through and the only thing I found was J116 and J117 on the power driver board were reversed. I fired up, still no DMD, thing lights are working. No lights on fliptronics but flippers work so not too worried. Game functions fine minus DMD. I ran out of time so didn't check voltage out to the DMD that's next. The LED on the DMD driver board is lit.

#43 10 years ago

Okay so I am embarrassed but relieved to say that it was the ribbon cable running to the DMD. I have been using ribbon cables since the 80s but my eyes tricked me as I thought I saw 1 on the other side of the PCB (time for lasik or glasses!). So it's playing but I do have check switch F7 UL flipper eos and check switch F5 UR flipper eos errors which weren't there when I play tested the game before I packed it up. I found some write ups on checking these errors but since I am hoping/thinking this is a connection issue so was wondering if anyone had an idea of if perhaps I have a connection backwards or something simple. Thanks again for all the help!

#46 10 years ago

Flippers weren't recently rebuilt. The game was moved and at that time the head was removed due to a narrow doorway. These errors occurred after the head was put back on and the game was setup which is why I am leaning towards it being a ground or loose connector. Thanks!

#47 10 years ago

I started a new topic since for the EOS errors (link below). Thanks again for all the help here! I am sure this thread will help many to come!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-eos-errors-after-reinstalling-the-backbox#post-1297684

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 1,159.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tdpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-backbox-wiring-help?tu=tdpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.