addams family

By cycloneJoe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

has anyone with an addams family had a problem that when thing picks up a ball and drops it in his box it wont roll up to the swamp kickout, i have to take off the glass to raise the playfield up so the ball will roll back to the box and then it will kick the ball to the swamp kickout

#2 8 years ago

Is the subway plugged up with something?

#3 8 years ago

When i had this problem, i checked where the ball got stuck with an endoscope camera.

#4 8 years ago

havent checked to see if it was blocked yet but it does work more times than not so i didnt think it was blocked. it sounds like when the ball falls in the box its not falling into the correct spot to be kicked to the swamp, i hear the solenoid fire but dont hear the ball move.

#5 8 years ago

Do you have the machine leveled? When I got my Addams Family I set all the legs low which made it easier for kids to play but it wasn't level according to the little bubble. At times we would have to bump the machine (not too hard) to get the ball to to the swap. I've set the back legs up high a few months ago and this hasn't been a issue since.

#6 8 years ago

Make sure it is leveled as suggested. Check the box from under the playfield and make sure it is mounted properly, all the screws are there and the box is not bent/deformed.

Are you sure it's stuck in the box rather than in the swamp? It is just gravity fed to the swamp. If the solenoid fires, which means the switch is sensing the pinball, it sounds more like it may be stuck in the swamp.

#7 8 years ago

I had this problem as well. Setting the legs higher in back and making sure it was level has done the trick. It used to get stuck though every so often and you'd have to slam the right side of the cab with a number of good whacks to get it to roll out of the box to the kicker down there to shoot it up to the swamp. I believe I also had that kicker's white plastic plunger snap at some point, in which case you probably won't get the ball out of there at all until you replace it. Sounds like your problem though is not having enough of an angle on the machine or maybe leveled to the left a bit so the ball gets hung up at the edge of the box hole where it feeds out to the kicker.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Make sure it is leveled as suggested. Check the box from under the playfield and make sure it is mounted properly, all the screws are there and the box is not bent/deformed.

^this^

My BSD long ago had an intermittent issue with the ball not getting where it is supposed to after dropping into a box under the playfield (just like Addams). When I finally lifted the playfield to check it out I discovered that only part of the screws were still holding it on and it was dipping just enough to not allow gravity to do it's thing.

#9 8 years ago

ran a solenoid test and raised the playfield and noticed that the thing kickout would stick in the fired mode sometimes, what would cause that to stick? should i change the sleeve and the spring?

#10 8 years ago

That would cause it to stick and not activate the thing kickout coil. Clean the plunger and put a new sleeve on it.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

When i had this problem, i checked where the ball got stuck with an endoscope camera.

A cell phone taking a video does wonders here as well. Only disadvantage is you get to see what happened after the fact.

#12 8 years ago

well i got the coil to not stick anymore,(dirty/broken sleve and bad spring) but occasionaly still having the problem when then ball drops into the thing box it wont go into thing kickout(2 seperate metal boxes) took thing box off to check inside for obstruction but nothing obvious. machine is level and at 6.5 degrees. should i add more slope? no fun when you have a good game going and have to stop

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from cycloneJoe:

should i add more slope?

Are you positive it's hanging up in the box vs in the swamp. If it's the box just make sure it is mounted properly and the exit to the swamp is aligned properly. You can have all of the screws tight and still be mis-aligned. If it's the swamp you can get a swamp accelerator in the following link or there's a 3D printed one available. Don't remember where, but there should be a post on Pinside about it.

http://www.leesparts.com/products/addams-swamp-accelerator.html

#14 8 years ago

So I have had this happen before. And I had to fix it by bending the metal box back out a little bit. Somehow mine closed the gap just enough to make the fit too tight for it to pass through the side up the upkicker assembly where it enters. In fact I had the issue happen to where after I fixed it, the switch in the upkicker was being tripped and holding the ball up as well. After I fixed the 2 issues, I have had no problems since. Also I would check to make sure there is no gap between the box exit, and the upkicker entry.

#15 8 years ago

I had this same issue, and in my case, the box had dimpled from thousands of ball drops. Enough that a depression was holding it instead of letting it roll through the narrow opening into the coil mech. Banging the metal back flush fixed the issue. Definitely check level and mounting screws first though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 180.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,159.00
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.