Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ant68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“If they made an Addams FAMILY 1964 would you by one ? ”

• YES 21 votes
      33%
    • NO 35 votes
      55%
    • MAYBE 8 votes
      13%

(64 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

billy-madison.gif
    addamstv (resized).jpg
    sdcdsvv (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

If they remade an Addams Family 1964 pin would you buy one ?
    I'm not sure if it would ever be possible but let's get an idea anyway.

sdcdsvv (resized).jpgsdcdsvv (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

NO but I would buy a “Wednesday” new Netflix pin that would look great next to Addams Family. Stern has a good relationship with Netflix so if I had to guess especially with the popularity of the show… we will soon see a “Wednesday” pin… but it might come out on a Friday.

#3 1 year ago

I heard Lisa Loring ( Wednesday ) died yesterday RIP .

#4 1 year ago

I’d consider going for either. But a huge part of that game is all of Raul Julia’s callouts. Without those, I sincerely think the game would not be as fun, even with the exact same rules. Man I miss that one.

#5 1 year ago

Owned a TAF for about 4 years, it's was played the least out of my collection of 8 90s games. Even my friends were bored of it.

When I asked which pin they thought I should let go to finance a new 90s pin they both said "sell TAF" and I agreed.

So no, I've had my TAF but isnt looking for a new one.

#6 1 year ago

I just picked up my first TAF last weekend.
    My wife and I are really enjoying it so far, but it also seems a little too simple and/or redundant. it doesn't surprise me when i hear people say 'it gets old fast' or 'gets the least play out of my collection'. We'll see how I feel about it 6 months from now. FWIW, my first reaction to TZ wasn't great either...but I'm enjoying that pin more and more.

4 weeks later
    #7 1 year ago
    Quoted from ant68:

If they remade an Addams Family 1964 pin would you buy one ?
    I'm not sure if it would ever be possible but let's get an idea anyway.
    [quoted image]

Absolutely! I always thought that the only way TAF pin could have been better was to base it on the show, which is far superior to any of it's successors. And while Raul Julia was a worthy Gomez, and Ricci was a decent Wednesday, that's where it ends. Raul did a great job on the game's callouts too.
    As far as I'm concerned, The Addams family will always be the cast from the 60's tv show.

RIP, Lisa Loring. Somehow I didn't hear about her death until today.

#8 1 year ago

Um, I believe one's already been made... Can't find pictures of it, or the thread for it(if it has/had one), but I KNOW I've seen an Addams where all the playfield art and backglass art were the 1964 series images, fonts, and characters. Don't know if the builder also did the sounds/callouts, too.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Um, I believe one's already been made... Can't find pictures of it, or the thread for it(if it has/had one), but I KNOW I've seen an Addams where all the playfield art and backglass art were the 1964 series images, fonts, and characters. Don't know if the builder also did the sounds/callouts, too.

Yes, it was at TPF in 2022. Great job. Not sure who did the retheme either

#10 1 year ago

It wasn’t a retheme to the 60’s show. Just a black and white version of the game, which made little sense to me since it is themed on the movies. GAP’s black and white TZ build on the other hand… my god, I still want that!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-2-black-and-white-addams-family

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-and-white-tz-coming-soon

#11 1 year ago

Yes and Yes - Both would be instant buys as well as TAF remake.

#12 1 year ago

Did it a few years back, added the classic TV show as a feature to my Addams Family remake - 2 games in one. It is very cool and the classic game is much funnier. Virtual pinball only, but I never released it.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from play_pinball:

It wasn’t a retheme to the 60’s show. Just a black and white version of the game, which made little sense to me since it is themed on the movies. GAP’s black and white TZ build on the other hand… my god, I still want that!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-2-black-and-white-addams-family
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-and-white-tz-coming-soon

No, I knew about those. I specifically remember seeing the 1964 Addams Family logo in the center of the playfield in black and white. It may have been a virtual game, but I can't find pictures to prove one way or the other. Either way, I know what I saw. I remember thinking how monumental an undertaking it must've been.

#14 1 year ago

Ok, I KNEW I wasnt crazy. This was right as you entered the main room at TPF last year:

addamstv (resized).jpgaddamstv (resized).jpg
    #15 1 year ago
    billy-madison.gifbilly-madison.gif
    #16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok, I KNEW I wasnt crazy. This was right as you entered the main room at TPF last year:[quoted image]

That's fantastic! Was it just the artwork that was redone?

#17 1 year ago

This thread sent me down the rabbit hole reading about the original cast. John Astin (Gomez) is the last still surviving member at 92, and his son is Sean Astin of LOTR etc fame. Had no idea.

#18 1 year ago

I love the black and white rethemes. So far I've done BSD and Monster Bash...real machines not virtual. Also Mad Max was very black and white to keep in touch with the original movie. And a custom T2 chrome twice.
    BSD was so popular I'm doing up conversion kits now for people to convert their own game.

I thought of doing Adams but really don't like the game. Then Munsters premium came out and I thought it looked fantastic. But not a theme for me.

I've toyed with doing my Creech in the same style but really undecided on it.

I really like the tpf one above and to the op I say go for it!

I miss my Monster bash with the 50s rockabilly vibe and the moving record in the back box.....

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from Honch:

That's fantastic! Was it just the artwork that was redone?

I only played it once, and it was hard to hear but I believe the audio had also been updated

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok, I KNEW I wasnt crazy. This was right as you entered the main room at TPF last year:[quoted image]

Yeah that's pretty cool

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-1964-remake-yes-or-no-poll-?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.