(Topic ID: 253179)

Add diodes to solenoids???

By Flyboybuster

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Hang-Glider-Work-02 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

Boards, diodes? Isn't this the EM subforum?

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I have seen diodes or other solid state components on older EMS. Fun Park was one of them. Perhaps to work as some kind of delay feature. But they are few and far between.

Yes, but not on any coils. I recently made a boo boo when replacing an EM Bally coil. Apparently the one I put in was one I had from a parted out "Future Spa".
    After I installed it, the fuse kept blowing out. It took me half a minute to realize that I forgot to clip off the diode!

#9 4 years ago

Yes. Same thing on several other games. "Spin A Card"/"Hearts and Spades", "Card Trix"/"Flip A Card", and a few others. Capacitor, diode, resistor delay circuit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/add-diodes-to-solenoids?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.