4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tonup69
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tonup69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hey everyone. I am digging into my newest pinball - a beautiful 1961 Gottlieb Aloha which is really dirty, but in pretty good shape. One thing I need to do, however, is replace the janky power cord someone installed with electrical tape and also add an on/off toggle switch. Now before we get all into electrical safety and lectures about ground wires - my house was built in 1905 and none of the outlets downstairs are grounded. Even if I replaced the plug with a three prong, I would have to use and adapter to plug it in. That said, I would like to know how to properly hook up a new two prong plug to the transformer and how to wire in the on/off switch. Also, it looks like this machine has no reset button either - do people just turn them on and off to start a new game in free play mode?

Thanks in advance,

LTR

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

You could just use a remote switchable power cord/bar. Some have a remote, to press, to get power on and off to the game. Some have manual switches.

It may be a good option, but I have the game torn down a bit now so I think it's also a good time to put in the switch. I'm just looking for a schematic or something - even basic wiring diagram - that someone who has done this on an early machine could provide. Just don't want to hook up the switch to the wrong lead or something.

#9 4 years ago

Found this from someone on an EM Facebook group. This is what I was looking for (step by step replacement of the cord and addition of a toggle to older 60's pinball). https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair&fbclid=IwAR39B_qxFuGuSdQLBqEQszD_x9-ctOg0uYZ2ELeMFp7RB14oEpSN266zVRI#Adding_an_On.2FOff_Switch_to_an_EM

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Catch86:

Schematics at pbresource

Yes, thanks. I bought one from them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 36.95
Tools
Magaro Machines
Tools
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tonup69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/add-a-toggle-and-replace-cord-on-1961-aloha?tu=Tonup69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.