(Topic ID: 291205)

Add a ball has an extra relay in the back box!?

By undrdog

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

original backglass (resized).JPG
7CCF5376-177D-4911-A61F-849FEDA6AAC0 (resized).jpeg
500404D9-CCB4-4A16-9250-3744835B95E0 (resized).jpeg
F6AF891E-EBA7-497F-B02B-F663DC52028C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jets_1479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago

The plot thickens.....

Quoted from undrdog:

No mounting holes on the top, but a custom topper could just sit there.
There are three bells and a knocker. None of them have extra wires or solder, so the relay didn’t trigger them.
It’s a mystery.

#12 3 years ago

same I believe the grey wire is holding the wires together it’s doing what they wax string normal does.

Quoted from undrdog:The coin door is modified so that the coin return button starts a game. No credit button or reel on this game. Dimes.
dmarston Did they have ticket counters on pinball in 1961? Guess it could have been done any time.
frenchmarky I think that grey wire is really cord holding the bundle together, but I’ll check.

#15 3 years ago

The voltage would only be at the newly added coil when the game reaches the add a ball score (however it is adjusted by the games operator) in this case at 2k points a pulse from the 2k point score reel would activate that coil momentarily not constant. Then again at 4K points it would pulse it again. I believe it to be some sort of add on a prior owner did to add extra alert or pomp and circumstance to the 2 achievements associated with the fact another ball was just added. I’m many things before anything that ends with “tician” though....

Quoted from Bublehead:

Is voltage available at the add a ball score side constant or pulsed from a score motor? If pulsed, would the relay just pulse with the score motor, or are they using it as a constant voltage source? Pardon my limited knowledge of EM, I'm a electronic technician first, electro-mechanitian second. I only have one EM, so my knowledge is very limited to a Gottlieb Central Park.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jets_1479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/add-a-ball-has-an-extra-relay-in-the-back-box-?tu=jets_1479 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.