• NOOOOOOOO!!!, it's going to hurt the value of my game 11 votes
    4%
  • no, just get an original, they don't flip late. 32 votes
    11%

(293 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hddd (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I've been contemplating getting an adams family, but with the remakes, I figured I'd wait.
I know Rick and Llyod have gone on record several times saying " no, that's a dumbass idea, they made to many". Then there is the other side of the coin that the majority of them that were made, were routed and beat to crap, at least the majority that I've seen.
Not saying there aren't nice examples, but personally I'd rather just get one NIB, if they are going to be about the same price for a descent example, why not. Restored ones are selling for 10 and 11k

even on a players condition 4-5k machine, to get it looking new your easily looking at another 1500-2k worth of parts and another 60-90 hrs of labor. Don't know about you, but I got to many projects as is. I used to not like everything using SMT, even the LED's. Now I've accepted it and will learn how to fix the crap when it breaks. (Just wish part numbers were easier to get, I also wish a certain company would release schematics.)

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I think the biggest issue getting this remade would be the licensing.

probably, you never know though. guess if they could sell enough of them to offset it.... maybe in another 10 years if cgc is still around.

not really dead set on waiting, was curious to see if there was enough interest. Obviously there are a lot of titles that deserve to come before it due to the production levels.

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I think the biggest issue getting this remade would be time....

yup, probably better off getting one of the originals.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Despite recently selling mine I would like to see a reproduction out there but it’s unclear to me if the game will have sufficient demand. Maybe it will - it’s hard to tell.

When people ask me how or where I purchase pins, it seems like this title gets mentioned more then any other. Like mentioned in a previous post, most don't want to mess with a 25 year old machine. Usually I try to steer them away from craigslist, ebay or even pinside because if something goes wrong, they won't have a contact. When the retail value of an older pin is higher than a new one, then it seems like there is opportunity regardless of the production amount.

Doubtful a remake would ever happen, but I think CGC and PPS would be surprised.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Where are these?

I didn't bother looking at the archived sales thread.
Maybe you could get a trashed one for 4-5k, but your right I haven't seen one.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

However, unless it hits close to $10k+ like some of the other titles that CGC remade, I don't think they will see it as worth their time if you can get an original example for a lot less than a new one (especially with more difficulty and higher costs with licensing this title, and the profit margin would be much smaller).

Kind of what I was thinking to, which is why I was confused to see TOM on the list.

Usually don't see that title selling for more then 6k maybe 6500. obviously there is no license like adams, but...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

30,000 (OBO)
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

16,000 (OBO)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adams-family-remake-poll?tu=heme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.