Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ec-1.jpeg
Screenshot_2015-02-21-12-55-36.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0037.PNG

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

How does Uncle Fester look between the flippers? I remember hearing or reading somewhere that they couldn't get the rights to use the likeness of Christopher Lloyd.

If you look at the pinball flyer under 'extras' it's NOT Christopher Lloyd. The likeness of the boy looks altered as well.

#52 9 years ago

Where is this located on Steam?
I searched for Addams Family and Pinball Arcade, but this table does not show up.
Playing great on the i-Pad though.

#53 9 years ago

Try searching for the company's name Farsight.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Try searching for the company's name Farsight.

Just tried that and it brings up the exact same thing as searching Pinball Arcade.
Newest file is labled as Oct. 10th 2014
I can find nothing newer then that.

#55 9 years ago

Had to get it from a link off of the Pinball Arcade web page.
Steam's search function sucks.

Edit.... False alarm. Still can't find a download button even from that link.

Second edit... Looks like you have to get to it from running the actual program. Finally got it going.
But no idea how to turn on portrait mode.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Had to get it from a link off of the Pinball Arcade web page.
Steam's search function sucks.
Edit.... False alarm. Still can't find a download button even from that link.
Second edit... Looks like you have to get to it from running the actual program. Finally got it going.
But no idea how to turn on portrait mode.

You need to change your monitor's orientation in your operating system first.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

You need to change your monitor's orientation in your operating system first.

Thanks.
I sure hope they get that built in soon.
Cabinet mode is gonna be great.

#58 9 years ago

Playing TPA in Portrait mode is really transformative. Once you try it, it hard to go back to Landscape mode.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Playing TPA in Portrait mode is really transformative. Once you try it, it hard to go back to Landscape mode.

Completely agree! It's a minor hassle to rotate your monitor and change configuration settings, but totally worth it.

Cannot wait for Timeshock on Steam! If you have an iOS tablet, definitely check it out. Physics are a step and a half past TPA, and the pre-rendered approach makes it look phenomenal--far better than TPA on Steam, which looks previous-gen by comparison.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

If you're looking for pure eye candy, hard to beat the PS4. New physics engine is impressive too. Not sure when it will trickle down to tablets, etc...

I cant get over the flipper lag on the PS4 though, really saps the fun out of playing it.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from JujuDaPinsider:

No offense to those that like them, but those simulations don't have the same feel to them.

They're just a gateway drug

#62 9 years ago

I played the heck out of TAF on my ipad this weekend. I always enjoyed playing it but never really got what makes TAF great. After learning the rules better and playing it a lot, I now get it.

#63 9 years ago

TAF prices will go up now.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I played the heck out of TAF on my ipad this weekend. I always enjoyed playing it but never really got what makes TAF great. After learning the rules better and playing it a lot, I now get it.

it's a blast, i just put invisiglass in my TAF. wow, looks great.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

TAF prices will go up now.

Maybe--maybe not. It could go either way.

On one hand, now that folks have easy access to a digital table, they might not be so desperate for a real one at $4k-$6k.

On the other hand, it might also increase interest in TAF.

Maybe the two will balance out and the price won't move anywhere. Only time will tell.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

it's a blast, i just put invisiglass in my TAF. wow, looks great.

Awesome.
I keep thinking that some day the price on that damn glass will be reasonable.
Looks like that day may never come.
Sure looks good though.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Maybe--maybe not. It could go either way.

On one hand, now that folks have easy access to a digital table, they might not be so desperate for a real one at $4k-$6k.

On the other hand, it might also increase interest in TAF.

Tough call. Some games it made me fall in love with and others it confirmed I have no interest. Another point is some games play way better on the ipad than the real machine.

#68 9 years ago

I don't think prices will go much higher its already difficult to find a pretty decent one for around 5k give or take 300 or 400 for mods . I love the game and want one but any higher and well there are a ton of options and better pins for the money.

#69 9 years ago

Which game is the "game of the month" now?

#70 9 years ago

it is a video game.....

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Which game is the "game of the month" now?

According to Friday night's email, "Funhouse™ is currently the Free Table of the Month!"

1 week later
#72 9 years ago

the flippers on the game have a WMS logo but a bally game...... what did these games actually come out with?

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

the flippers on the game have a WMS logo but a bally game...... what did these games actually come out with?

At the time The Addams Family was produced, Williams had already aquired Bally, so the game came with Williams flippers. This is correct as manufactured.

#74 9 years ago

No offense to those that like them, but those simulations don't have the same feel to them.

You sir, have a firm grasp of the obvious

#75 9 years ago

This app needs more EMs. I don't want to play walking dead, I want to play hayburners II or really rare titles I cannot find.

#76 9 years ago

I'm getting increasingly bored/ambivalent with TPA. They're good for learning the rules of machines, and I think that's about it.

Recently a guy in our league went on and on about how he thought they were such accurate representations of the real thing...and it's very confusing for me that someone can actually think that. The physics I find to be non-realistic at all.

Every machine seems entirely too fast.

The same shots that should be somewhat randomized (say, plunges/skill shots) are the same every time.

One thing I am wondering that I don't think has been definitively addressed is whether it's an emulation or a port of the ROMS. I think that Farsight came out a long time ago claiming they were just running the ROMS, but I (and I believe others) think it's just an emulation. Does anyone know for certain?

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Oshie74:

This app needs more EMs. I don't want to play Walking Dead, I want to play hayburners II or really rare titles I cannot find.

It's got Goin' Nuts, doesn't it? That's pretty damn rare.

#78 9 years ago

The theme misic is all stuttery. Da dum de dum de dum de. Da dum. De dum de dum de.

It is really annoying.
And it sound like it was played on a casio childrens toy keyboard...

Ive never played a TAF. Is the music really that bad?

#79 9 years ago

Might have to wait for an update before playing more TAF on TPA.

Not a fan of shooting a nice clean ramp shot and having the magnet grab the ball and whip it SDTM. Which kickstarter goal was that??? Lol

#80 9 years ago

TPA is fun, what more can you ask for in a emulation. Hopefully the physics will get better but I still enjoy passing time with this app when real pinball isn't around.

#81 9 years ago

i am annoyed at farsight as i backed the taf kickstarter and still haven't got my reward. they now claim they won't support itunes mac version backers and it can't be used offline.

their project never specified these conditions yet happy to take peoples money and screw them over after the fact - never backing them again.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Tough call. Some games it made me fall in love with and others it confirmed I have no interest. Another point is some games play way better on the ipad than the real machine.

I think it goes both ways. I think Wh20 was stupid as hell on TPA. Then I played one in real life and immediately wanted one bad. That game is so awesome.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Oshie74:

This app needs more EMs. I don't want to play Walking Dead, I want to play hayburners II or really rare titles I cannot find.

I remember reading in a past article that the developers were asked that question, but they basically said there was far less demand for the EMs that they had already made, so they weren't really planning on doing more of them.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

i am annoyed at farsight as i backed the taf kickstarter and still haven't got my reward. they now claim they won't support itunes mac version backers and it can't be used offline.
their project never specified these conditions yet happy to take peoples money and screw them over after the fact - never backing them again.

Huh? Do you mean the Apple app store? Or did you download it some other way?

I haven't heard of other folks having problems with the app store version.

Quoted from Rickwh:

The theme misic is all stuttery. Da dum de dum de dum de. Da dum. De dum de dum de.
It is really annoying.
And it sound like it was played on a casio childrens toy keyboard...
Ive never played a TAF. Is the music really that bad?

What platform and device are you playing it on? I'm guessing that if you're using it on an older device, it might not have the necessary horsepower if you're getting choppy audio.

Quoted from Robotoes:

One thing I am wondering that I don't think has been definitively addressed is whether it's an emulation or a port of the ROMS. I think that Farsight came out a long time ago claiming they were just running the ROMS, but I (and I believe others) think it's just an emulation. Does anyone know for certain?

They are using the actual ROMs. They have a platform in place as a bridge between the ROM and the digital table. There are a few tables with bugs in the original game code, and those bugs are present in the digital tables.

Opinions on speed and physics have nothing to do with the ROM code, but with the way the digital table and physics engine was designed. ROMs have nothing to do with the speed of the ball or the way shots line up.

#85 9 years ago

Im playing on a second gen ipad. So yes i guess its a bit long in the tooth as far as tablets go... lemme give it a good reboot and then try again

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Huh? Do you mean the Apple app store? Or did you download it some other way?
I haven't heard of other folks having problems with the app store version.

OSX - MAC Computer version. if you are a backer and this is your setup you luck out as a backer. it is available to buy via apple apps, but for backers only available as mac steam. i have downloaded and played the score limited version as shouldn't have to buy it again.

#87 9 years ago

... downloaded that bitch

... playin' that shit

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

They are using the actual ROMs. They have a platform in place as a bridge between the ROM and the digital table. There are a few tables with bugs in the original game code, and those bugs are present in the digital tables.
Opinions on speed and physics have nothing to do with the ROM code, but with the way the digital table and physics engine was designed. ROMs have nothing to do with the speed of the ball or the way shots line up.

I was in no way conflating the two. Just talking about different things in the same post. Sorry if confusing...

What is that platform?

#89 9 years ago

I'm completely paid into Season 4 with Pinball Arcade on Steam, so TAF showed up in my games list the moment it was launched. : B

As far as Pinball Arcade is concerned, they did a decent job with this conversion. My only complaint is that the skill shot is unnecessarily difficult to hit because the ball bounces off of the edges around the Thing capture spot differently than in real life. They managed to do the magnets surprisingly well too given that the magnetic effects are hit and miss across all the tables which have them...

It's one of their better conversions for sure as they've certainly done far worse, Starship Troopers being a recent example. Upon initial release there was a physics exploit with the left rank/nuke hole and an incredibly dumb lighting mistake with the upper-left flashers (which is still present). Also, despite being a six-player game you can only select up to four players. The excuse is that the engine behaves strangely when allowed to run with six, which, speaking as a programmer myself, feels like a very lazy response to that issue. : P

Another of their bad conversions is Black Hole, which has very odd physics problems all over the place, including being able to perform death saves with almost zero effort.

Still, I'd rather have the virtual stuff than not being able to play and understand these games at all. ; )

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I was in no way conflating the two. Just talking about different things in the same post. Sorry if confusing...
What is that platform?

Something they built in-house. I haven't heard them go into too much detail about it.

#91 9 years ago

I'm running this game on a 1st gen IPad and have no lagging problems so I wouldn't expect a 2nd gen to either.

#92 9 years ago

The magnets on this game are just ridiculous. I was just playing and during séance mode shot the ramp from a dead stop cradle and the magnet made the ball completely stop and drop back to the flipper. This is just stupid. I've played TAF 1000's of times and never seen one that has magnets that stop the ball on a full flip.

It's comical. That needs adjusted a bit.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

The magnets on this game are just ridiculous. I was just playing and during séance mode shot the ramp from a dead stop cradle and the magnet made the ball completely stop and drop back to the flipper. This is just stupid. I've played TAF 1000's of times and never seen one that has magnets that stop the ball on a full flip.
It's comical. That needs adjusted a bit.

sounds like they don't fully take ball velocity into account when applying resistance, maybe at a curtain point of the magnet's lifecycle (powering up, full power, powering down).

1 month later
#94 8 years ago

That's true. I always get funny looks, when I drag my full sized Addams Family machine into work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
16,500 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball
Rubber/Silicone
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adams-family-now-on-pinball-arcade/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.