Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ec-1.jpeg
Screenshot_2015-02-21-12-55-36.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0037.PNG

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

How cool..... The Adams Family is on FarSight's Pinball Arcade

Just downloaded it to my iPadIMG_0037.PNGIMG_0037.PNG

#2 9 years ago

Yup. Have it on my I phone now.

#3 9 years ago

No offense to those that like them, but those simulations don't have the same feel to them.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from JujuDaPinsider:

No offense to those that like them, but those simulations don't have the same feel to them.

Yes, but they are much easier to carry to work or the doctors office than the real thing.

#5 9 years ago

Certainly they feel nothing like a real machine, but they are a great way to learn the rules!

#6 9 years ago

Either does the feeling of subtracting $5 from my bank account compared to $6,000...

#7 9 years ago

There is always going to be a trade-off between a physical pin and a virtual one.

I played a few games on it this evening, and it's pretty good for those of us who don't have ready access to a real TAF, aren't willing/able to shell out the $4500-$6500 for one, don't have the space for more than a small number of pins, or for simply for casual play on a hand-held device.

#8 9 years ago

I started playing virtual pinball with Atari's "video pinball" console and the coin-op game in the 70s, and went on from there to the Atari 2600 cartridge, Bill Budge's Pinball Construction Set, Various Commodore 64 pinball programs, Pinball Dreams and Fantasies on the Commodore Amiga, the Pro Pinball series on various platforms, etc.., etc.... Today I have a collection of 2100+ visual and future pinball tables, and all of the Zen and Pinball Arcade tables on my PC.

Decades ago my love for pinball far exceeded my access to it. Video simulations were my best and often only option to play the game I loved. It wasn't until 2006 that I bought my first pin, and when I powered up STTNG that Christmas morning my wife and son didn't understand why I was so emotional about finally having a real coin-op pinball machine in my home--but it was the realization of a dream and a wish held fervently for more than 30 years, starting as a small child.

Today there are two primary reasons why I continue to play virtually despite having a small collection of physical machines--learning rules is by far the biggest reason, and the second, more minor one is improved audio (nice speakers and subwoofer). Additionally, I love being able to experience the original ROMs via PinMAME, and to marvel at what really talented folks like Russell Speak do to improve and extend classics using Future Pinball, with better audio, added LCD-like video clips, etc.

Of course it's not the same for many reasons, starting with the programmatic physics, 2D presentation, interface (keyboard/x360 pad), etc.--but it offers endless variety that nothing short of an almost unlimited amount of money/contacts/time machine to acquire and floor space could provide. It's the closest I can come to enjoying something of course I'd rather experience as originally designed, but despite the inherent limitations of virtual pinball, I appreciate it for what it is.

Congratulations to Farsight for all they did to make virtual TAF happen despite all the licensing hurdles--a very major accomplishment indeed.

#9 9 years ago

Usually when I hear somebody start with "no offense," my asshole puckers up as I prepare to be offended.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Either does the feeling of subtracting $5 from my bank account compared to $6,000...

Winning!

#11 9 years ago

Downloading now!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Usually when I hear somebody start with "no offense," my asshole puckers up as I prepare to be offended.

Just like "I'd love to help" is never followed by "and I'm going to."

#13 9 years ago

Of course they don't have the same feel, but its a great place to learn rules have some fun, play games you don't own when not around real pinball

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I played a few games on it this evening, and it's pretty good for those of us who don't have ready access to a real TAF, aren't willing/able to shell out the $4500-$6500 for one, don't have the space for more than a small number of pins, or for simply for casual play on a hand-held device.

i see what you mean at least i can play taf without the family complaining its too lound when watching tv in the kiving room as all they hear is "tripple jackpot" or " you carnt take it with you" from the gameroom

not to brag but i dont know the what price tafs usually go in the states but mine cost $ 2700(£1750)
back in 09

image.jpgimage.jpg
#15 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#16 9 years ago

Just downloaded it and got a couple games in. They did a pretty good job, but I've noticed one bug already. You can shoot the ball right through the left side of the bookcase or the posts. It's like they aren't even there. Makes it pretty easy to get the "Dirty pool" quote/multiball though.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

not to brag but i dont know the what price tafs usually go in the states but mine cost $ 2700(£1750)
back in 09

They have drastically jumped up in price since 2009. Looks like you got it just before the pin prices started skyrocketing. Sigh

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

image.jpg 76 KB

I want that shirt!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

i see what you mean at least i can play taf without the family complaining its too lound when watching tv in the kiving room as all they hear is "tripple jackpot" or " you carnt take it with you" from the gameroom
back in 09

image.jpg 214 KB

When somebody starts a sentence with "not to brag," I know they're about to brag.

#20 9 years ago

How does Uncle Fester look between the flippers? I remember hearing or reading somewhere that they couldn't get the rights to use the likeness of Christopher Lloyd.

#21 9 years ago

Is this only available for PC now? Tried to find it on Xbox...

#22 9 years ago

Correct. They have like 6 platforms, I use PS3 and Vita and its not there yet

#23 9 years ago

Screenshot_2015-02-21-12-55-36.pngScreenshot_2015-02-21-12-55-36.png ec-1.jpegec-1.jpeg
#24 9 years ago

I love Pinball Arcade! It's not the same as real pinball...I'm actually grateful for this. Otherwise, I would have never seen the wizard mode on Theater, Midevil, or Tales of Arabian Nights.....

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Is this only available for PC now? Tried to find it on Xbox...

Quoted from kporter946286:

Correct. They have like 6 platforms, I use PS3 and Vita and its not there yet

According to last night's email, "The Addams Family® has just been released for iOS, Steam (Mac/Windows), Mac App Store, Google Play, Amazon and Ouya!"

I played it on Steam (Windows) last night.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

How does Uncle Fester look between the flippers? I remember hearing or reading somewhere that they couldn't get the rights to use the likeness of Christopher Lloyd.

Honestly, I don't spend much time looking at fester while I'm playing.

However, the nose is what really makes it look weird.

#27 9 years ago

I have been having a blast playing it. It is what it is, a sim. I'm enjoying it. Forgot how much I missed the sound package.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Honestly, I don't spend much time looking at fester while I'm playing.
However, the nose is what really makes it look weird.

True. In the first picture, he looks like Uncle Sam. In the second one, he looks like Uncle Tom.

Just sayin'.

#29 9 years ago

Fester looks good enough for me. They could not use the original Fester art. Knowing this, it cant get much better i think. Does not bother me at all.

Awesome game.

#30 9 years ago

Playing it on my iPhone, lose sight of the ball every so often. Not as good as the real thing, but it tiding me over until I can find a project TAF locally.

Tim

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Just downloaded it and got a couple games in. They did a pretty good job, but I've noticed one bug already. You can shoot the ball right through the left side of the bookcase or the posts. It's like they aren't even there. Makes it pretty easy to get the "Dirty pool" quote/multiball though.

They fixed that. There is a v2 update of the table.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

They fixed that. There is a v2 update of the table.

Weird, not seeing anything here. My ipad is saying the app is up to date, and I had just downloaded what I have a few hours ago. No biggie either way.... I can always go upstairs and play the bug-free real thing anyway. Thanks for the heads up though!

#33 9 years ago

It's not an app update, but a table update.

Go under manage tables and make sure you have v2 of the table. If not, delete and re-download the table.

#34 9 years ago

It's not an app update, but a table update.
Go under manage tables and make sure you have v2 of the table. If not, delete and re-download the table.

Will do, thanks again.

#35 9 years ago

Well Der! love people who state the bloody obvious. Better than forking out $$$$$ if you can't afford it.
Its all pinball, its all good!

#36 9 years ago

Is it just me, or has the theme music been altered?

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from PNorth:

Is it just me, or has the theme music been altered?

I was thinking the same thing.

#38 9 years ago

I find Pinball Arcade plays best on the PC versus smaller formats for those that are not impressed with the tablet version, and fortunately it even runs well on an older gaming PC.

TOTAN is included with the free PC version on Steam, and a different game is unlocked each month for unlimited demo play.

#39 9 years ago

They probably altered alot to save money where possible as its a pricy license. I love it been playing all day now to find the real deal I love the magnets and all the random activity plus the lady loves it and I think al my non pinhead friends will

#40 9 years ago

I only play free side. It showed it but couldnt find it.I like playing it on wifes kindle. I get to play games that i would never get to play but i agree its not even close to playing real games

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I find Pinball Arcade plays best on the PC versus smaller formats for those that are not impressed with the tablet version, and fortunately it even runs well on an older gaming PC.
TOTAN is included with the free PC version on Steam, and a different game is unlocked each month for unlimited demo play.

Play just fine on the iPad. Tablet is the best format, geometrically speaking, for a pinball game.

If you're looking for pure eye candy, hard to beat the PS4. New physics engine is impressive too. Not sure when it will trickle down to tablets, etc...

#42 9 years ago

Play just fine on the iPad. Tablet is the best format, geometrically speaking, for a pinball game.
If you're looking for pure eye candy, hard to beat the PS4. New physics engine is impressive too. Not sure when it will trickle down to tablets, etc...

The PC version supports a portrait view, the tablet offers no tangible benefit other than portability in this regard. Unless your monitor doesn't rotate 90 degrees.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

The PC version supports a portrait view, the tablet offers no tangible benefit other than portability in this regard. Unless your monitor doesn't rotate 90 degrees.

Most people don't have that setup.

#44 9 years ago

Anyone tried PC portrait view in their virtual cabinet?
I know it is not a true cabinet version yet, but wondering how it plays.
May give it a try when I get home later.

#45 9 years ago

Anyone else surprised at how fast the table plays? I know all the TAF machines on route are used as $#@%, but wow the virtual table plays like greased lightning by way of comparison.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

fortunately it even runs well on an older gaming PC.

You sound surprised, it's hardly intensive with the low poly models & mobile textures.

Quoted from Darkwing:

Anyone else surprised at how fast the table plays?

To me it looks much slower than the real thing, the only time it really speeds up is on the assisted ramp shot.

Making me lol watching the scoops trickle out like it has a broken coil.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Anyone else surprised at how fast the table plays? I know all the TAF machines on route are used as $#@%, but wow the virtual table plays like greased lightning by way of comparison.

If you want to see fast play thier Whirlwind table, OMG it is ridiculously fast. Almost unplayable IMO.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Almost unplayable IMO.

Cant touch my 14mil score eh? : )

#49 9 years ago

The "train" audio seems to sound different on iPhone than on my TAF

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from goldvrx:

I was thinking the same thing.

Yeah and big time. There must have been some other licensing issues.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adams-family-now-on-pinball-arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.