Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

remake (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 4 years ago

Indiana Jones or TAFr make the most sense if they can get the licenses. Great examples of these games sell for close to $10K, and are not easy to find....if CGC can't sell an LE model of the game for $8K+ why would they build the game...IJ and TAF already have market brand, and are regarded as great games (just like MM, MB, and AFM). In my opinion all the others come with market risk

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Yes a massive quantity was made. How many are still alive? No idea. 15,000?
    How often is this title for sale in your area? In mine MAYBE a couple times a year and the price tag is ALWAYS ridiculous. I imagine the majority are sitting in personal collections now?
    Any license (other than from JK Rowling because shes a whack job) is obtainable. Cost effective is a whole nuther thing. I can't imagine IP would be an issue as it's already been done so the chances of someone saying no to making money for doing nothing I would have to imagine wouod be slim to none?
    I find personally find TAF more fun than MM or AFM. TAF has also proven to be a stellar earner. However, not living in the past, I don't know/understand the new generation of pinballers. Do they even gravitate towards old titles or strictly into the new and trendy stuff?

IJ clearly appeals to a wider demographic....most adults remember the movies (and enjoyed), and the kids still enjoy watching them....TAF was a TV show that basically appeals to 50+ year olds...IJ would have a much wider audience...either title would be a successful remake, but IJ would be a home run....if they could figure out the licensing they could easily sell the title for $8500

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Get over yourself, you know what I meant. I don't care what people think of my collection, it's the other way around. No collector wants their shit spammed/copied so every run of the mill hobbiest can pick one up. Stop acting like collectability wasn't effected by remakes.
    Remake or original they both are worth owning for most. But now there's simply nothing special about them anymore.
    Example #2:
    Pinball Show ~2012 - Awe man someone brought a nice MM to the game hall, let's check it out
    Pinball Show ~2019 - CGC has a few MM's in their booth, big deal ?

I can see your point, but CGC did a great job with these remakes....

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I never said anything about not enjoying the games themselves, or anything about cash, or bragging. The point is the games are just not as special to see anymore, whether it's in collections, at shows, or on route.

They made thousands of MM, MB, and AFM so even before the remakes none were very special....whats special is maybe seeing an original one thats in incredible shape (I had a MM that was like new), but those are rarely at shows....I get that a lot of "purists" are pissed off that the remakes drove down the ridiculous pricing on these titles (for ones is crappy shape)....not sure any games are that special to see....well maybe CC, BBB, or BL?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adams-family-2019-remake?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.