3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gorbiie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

What would seem to be a bad switch isn't the problem, so what else would cause this?

#2 3 years ago

All the trough optos are clean and work properly?
    Maybe the ball has worn a little divot in the trough and gets caught in it preventing it from resting where it should?

#3 3 years ago

Have you removed the apron, gone into Tests - Switch Edge - and placed a ball in the outhole, rolled it along to test all the ball trough switches, and then placed it on the shooter lane switch to see if it goes up and down smoothly and stays closed when the ball is stopped on it ? And all the switches work ?

LTG : )

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jwf_pinball:

All the trough optos are clean and work properly?
    Maybe the ball has worn a little divot in the trough and gets caught in it preventing it from resting where it should?

Addams doesn't have optos, or later Williams type ball trough that could form divots.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Addams doesn't have optos, or later Williams type ball trough that could form divots.

Oops, my mistake. There I go assuming

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jwf_pinball:

Oops, my mistake. There I go assuming

No problem. You are trying to help, and that is a good thing.

#7 3 years ago

All 3 trough switches (left, center, right) work. I noticed the drain switch is also tied to the left-most Thing lane switch which doesn't work.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The manual (page 3-4) shows some opto switches in the matrix.

#9 3 years ago

Turns out 1 of 2 wires was off another switch in that matrix (either The Think kickout or the vault). The wire that was off led back to the Left Flipper lane 1 switch, which led to the drain (outhole) switch.

1 year later
    #10 2 years ago

How did you solve it? Was the other switch in that matrix out? (either the Thing kickout or the vault). Did you re-route the wire?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adam-s-family-ball-drains-but-doesn-t-register?hl=jwf_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.