Topic poll

“Actually: Metallica PRO or Premium?”

• Met premium 82 votes
    43%
  • Met pro + twilight 108 votes
    57%

(190 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3840 (resized).jpg
IMG_3838 (resized).jpg
MET_captured_ball (resized).jpg
IMG_7608 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retrotilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 1 year ago

I had extensive time on the Pro before I ever played a single game on the Premium. Both games play great, but I decided to buy a lightly used Premium and I have zero regrets. This game is truly a masterpiece and it's as good as any of the top tier games out there. It also helps that I'm a fan of the band and their music.

There are so many advantages to the Premium, but most of them are cosmetic. The translight on the Pro is decent, but I like the artwork on the Premium better. The light show, spinners, and hammer lock are also HUGE pluses for going the Premium route. The rising cross and upgraded snake jaw don't make a huge difference, but they're a nice bonus. Yes, the hammer does require a bit of tweaking, but it's a thing of beauty when it pounds the ball thru the playfield and into the coffin. This can't be replicated on the Pro.

The spinners that are missing on the Pro were also big deal to me. Sure, you can add aftermarket spinners with cool sound effects, but they're not tied into the scoring. All in all, the Pro is a great machine and gives you 90% of the experience. However, it was well worth every penny to me to get the better machine.

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I hear sooooo many people including my friends that have a prem tell me how great the hammer lock works... 100% of the time.
YEAH right... played many and have yet to see one that works so good that it would change my mind back to buying a LE/prem again.

I don't think anything in pinball works 100%, at least in my experience. However, the hammer lock certainly adds a lot more to the game than it takes away IMHO. I have a later run Premium, so it's quite possible that many of the issues with the hammer were worked out before I bought the machine. Out of 100+ games I've put on the machine, I've only had it misfire 4 or 5 times. It's never not locked a ball is was supposed to lock.

If I had to buy the machine again, I would pay maybe $1000 more for added the features of the Premium. Anything higher than that, I would probably go with a Pro. Both are fantastic machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, MI
$ 22.50
$ 93.00
$ 10.95
$ 43.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Mods
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
7,495 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Finksburg, MD
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retrotilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside