58%

(193 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3840 (resized).jpg
IMG_3838 (resized).jpg
MET_captured_ball (resized).jpg
IMG_7608 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoby1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I had both and have had friends that have both and we all kept the pros but the premium or les are gone. Love the pro and it's much faster too

Had an LE for years then sold and got a pro while stilll having the game. Don't miss it at all

#35 6 years ago

Funny thing is ......... this debate has been going on forever in multiple threads. Thats gotta say something for the value and play of the pro no matter which version you own. Like I said I had a MOPLE for years, money is not an issue and my PRO is staying put right where its at.

1 month later
#54 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Met Premium is the better experience overall. You can mod a pro, but it will never be up to the level of a Premium. The light show is better, the snake jaw closing and opening is a big improvement, then you have the hammer, the interactive coffin, and the raising/lowering cross. I personally like the translite better, too.
See if you can play one to compare for yourself...

Yep,,,,, the pro V locks the ball every time, while the premium cant catch the ball and phantom swings.

Aaaaah swing and a miss.

#60 6 years ago

I personally owned both an LE first and now a pro. Prem/LE has some neat features but the pro has MUCH better game play

My pro won't be leaving any time soon

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I would be pleased to know why exactly.
How a pro would play better or premium less than pro? What does the snake jaw closing exactly?
Can I buy this lighting show mod for a pro led? How lock works on pro? Can the cross rise on pro? With mod?
Is there a factory shaker on premium?
I would like to check what would be the final price if I go with pro led that I upgrade close to premium with some mods.
I have to take this decision today.
Price gap is 2500€.
Thanks

You have to get time on both as we did to realize the PRO plays better. You can buy lighting.... the cross does not rise which I personally can care less about a cross that comes up 3/4 inch

No shaker, available on either but cost and extra 100 dollars.

If you need all the " flare " then just go with the premium, if your looking for almost the same game with the better game play and cash in your pocket buy the PRO. Expect to put at least 500 in mods on Pro and even premium.

I have LEs, Premium's, and Pro's and on this game it 100% pro for me.

#73 6 years ago

There is no physical lock. They light in the coffin with all the sounds

#75 6 years ago

Yep just like the prem.. The it has a call out to lock ball by hitting it again.

#76 6 years ago

I hear sooooo many people including my friends that have a prem tell me how great the hammer lock works... 100% of the time.

YEAH right... played many and have yet to see one that works so good that it would change my mind back to buying a LE/prem again.

#81 6 years ago

Ask your self this. Have you ever seen a game that it's so close in opinion that the pro is as good as them Prem. That's says a lot

#83 6 years ago

He is correct but NOT nearly as easy as it sounds. ... Not for a crappy player like myself anyway.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Can so tell me where to buy this rising cross mech except Marco Spec? The shipping cost is too pricey and From this store I would pay custom charge for sure.
Thanks for the help

Its not worth adding trust me..... Get the snake fangs, tongue and 3D mod. add spinners and tie in with left pic. eye ball decal for coffin, pinbits yellow protectors. White superbands with purple or blue rubber and make some custom cards ... If ya want the lighting buy time bandits kit. ( Im debating getting one myself )

#94 6 years ago

Pingraffix

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/metallica-3d-snake-mod-for-stern-pinball

When hooking to the left pick it add nice sound and very little points that hardly effects gameplay. With Timebandits its in game play

#97 6 years ago

I think stocks fine but many would disagree

2 weeks later
#109 6 years ago

I made templates of my LEs plastics before I sold it knowing I was getting a pro and wanted to add spinners.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.50
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 25.50
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoby1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/actually-metallica-pro-or-premium?tu=hoby1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.