58%

(193 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3840 (resized).jpg
IMG_3838 (resized).jpg
MET_captured_ball (resized).jpg
IMG_7608 (resized).JPG
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

will be my 2nd pin, im thinking to get pro and possibly twilight zone with money saved
or
Premium (the light show worth it?)
anyone know a comparison video?

pd) sorry for my limited english

#2 6 years ago

Two pins are always better than one.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from kiosh:

or
Premium (the light show worth it?)
anyone know a comparison video?

What about a video of the Pro WITH the lightshow?

#4 6 years ago

Niiice ^^

#5 6 years ago

My pro with the creeping death blades and lighting set is awesome enough. Everybody loves it.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Two pins are always better than one.

Agreed!

#7 6 years ago

Just get the pro it has the same cool main features as the premium except the hammer which kind of blocks you view at shots and if you get a pro than you can get the other amazing game know as twilight zone.

#8 6 years ago

I like the extra things on premium but that price is... hard.
Im at that beginning point with a lot of targets:
-Monster bash
-Attack from mars
etc

omg i cant have only one (im in love with my ghostbusters premium)

nonik thanks for showing me this hobby

#9 6 years ago

I had both and have had friends that have both and we all kept the pros but the premium or les are gone. Love the pro and it's much faster too

#10 6 years ago

Prem all day long. Still love my LE. Pro is just missing that extra magic that the full featured model packs. Color GI light show, color changing inserts, the awesome hammer lock, the awesome snake jaw, spinners, rising grave.

#11 6 years ago

44% vs 56% wow both options are very near

#12 6 years ago

Both are great games but if it came to pro + another game or prem I'd go pro. The best features of the prem can be added to the pro and game play is similar between the two. I've modded my pro with TimeBanditis GI light show and spinners which are great mods, and even after you add colorDMD you've saved money over the prem.

#13 6 years ago

A friend recommended me to get premium instead because twilight zone can give me headaches (im totally noob in this world and a little failure mean a pain for me).
I saw his limited and loved the maze, very funny toy ^^

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Prem all day long. Still love my LE. Pro is just missing that extra magic that the full featured model packs. Color GI light show, color changing inserts, the awesome hammer lock, the awesome snake jaw, spinners, rising grave.

I will add that on location the Pro was a dog and the Premium is now one of the best earners. The public has spoken (and I agree), Premium is the way to go for Metallica.

#15 6 years ago

Twilight zone is for sure a more maintenance pinball as others but that doesn't mean you have to get a Premium over the pro. Get a pro, add timebandits lightshow and use the saved money for something else.

IMG_7608 (resized).JPGIMG_7608 (resized).JPG

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Twilight zone is for sure a more maintenance pinball as others but that doesn't mean you have to get a Premium over the pro. Get a pro, add timebandits lightshow and use the saved money for something else.

Where do you get the ramp lights from? Looks cool.

#17 6 years ago

Pro is great- Premium is even greater. its hard to appreciate the added benefit of color changing LED's until you've owned one. I love my Premium. whenever i have to play a pro it reminds me of how much i like my premium better.

#18 6 years ago

Im sorry but MET PREM isn't leaving until I have to pay college tuition.
Even then I may ask them to just go to a junior college first...I got that hammer lock..
"Justice is done"

#19 6 years ago

Here's my Metallica Pro with the Total Lightshow; spinners (with Sound Caller kit) and the Rising Grave Marker/Cross. Plus I changed up a lot of white inserts to colors, like FUEL and the main inserts above the flippers.

I also have some other mods installed that might be seen in the video.

#21 6 years ago

What game do you currently have?

#22 6 years ago

I don't see how the money saved from Prem to Pro is going to purchase a TZ. I would love to own another TZ for that cheap.
I vote Prem

Junky

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Here's my Metallica Pro with the Total Lightshow; spinners (with Sound Caller kit) and the Rising Grave Marker/Cross. Plus I changed up a lot of white inserts to colors, like FUEL and the main inserts above the flippers.
I also have some other mods installed that might be seen in the video.
» YouTube video

Wish one of these would come for sale in my area. Nice work.

#24 6 years ago

Finally purchased a Premium!
thanks all for your comments!

1 week later
#25 6 years ago

This debate has been going on in my head for weeks as well. The price of a premium is 1700 more than the pro and I just don't know if that is worth it. I played the shit out of a premium at the SFGE and my kids and I loved it. I haven't played a pro so I don't know what I will miss if I get that.

#26 6 years ago

honestly, i hate the block vs the captive ball on the premium vs pro. you get a lot more fun ball action with the pro captive ball for coffin.

i love my pro, and would rather play it then a premium.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

This debate has been going on in my head for weeks as well. The price of a premium is 1700 more than the pro and I just don't know if that is worth it. I played the shit out of a premium at the SFGE and my kids and I loved it. I haven't played a pro so I don't know what I will miss if I get that.

The lighting alone makes the Premium a better experience than the pro, and the hammer/coffin lock is a great toy. We had a pro on route and it made a fraction of what the Premium does. The Pro was sold. People play the premium a LOT more.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

honestly, i hate the block vs the captive ball on the premium vs pro. you get a lot more fun ball action with the pro captive ball for coffin.
i love my pro, and would rather play it then a premium.

I hated the block as well, so before even dropping the balls into the game for the first play, I swapped the block out with a captured ball
I used one of back alley creations black pearl balls
MET_captured_ball (resized).jpgMET_captured_ball (resized).jpg

I love my premium

#29 6 years ago

If I get MET, I am likely locked into premium as my 5 year old insists that we "get the one with the hammer"

#30 6 years ago

I've played both, but no way is the Pro better than the Premium. If it were, why are so many guys adding an after market "rising cross" & a non-working hammer to the Pro ... just to mimic the Premium. Go Premium all the way!

My MET premium will be bolted to the floor for eternity

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I had both and have had friends that have both and we all kept the pros but the premium or les are gone. Love the pro and it's much faster too

Had an LE for years then sold and got a pro while stilll having the game. Don't miss it at all

#32 6 years ago

Does anyone have a list of all of the mods for Metallica with links and prices? There seem to be a ton of different mods available.

#33 6 years ago

How can you get a Met pro and TZ for the price of Met prem?

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I've played both, but no way is the Pro better than the Premium. If it were, why are so many guys adding an after market "rising cross" & a non-working hammer to the Pro ... just to mimic the Premium. Go Premium all the way!
My MET premium will be bolted to the floor for eternity

I have to agree. I love my premium.....dont regret paying the extra at at all....

#35 6 years ago

Funny thing is ......... this debate has been going on forever in multiple threads. Thats gotta say something for the value and play of the pro no matter which version you own. Like I said I had a MOPLE for years, money is not an issue and my PRO is staying put right where its at.

#36 6 years ago

I would think that once you add all the missing features the cost would be close for the pro versus the premium especially if your time means anything.

#37 6 years ago

Coffin Lock sucks and kills flow-Go Pro

#38 6 years ago

If I was in the US, at a difference of $1700 I would go Premium all day long.

In Canada it's more like a difference of $3000, and in that case I'd get a Pro.

1 month later
#39 6 years ago

So I guess premium owners prefer their game and inversely. I think it s normal...and all the better.
Can some one tell what is different between pro and pro led? Bulbs on pro?
Does total light show needed with the pro led?
Where to find rising grave mod?
Thanks

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

So I guess premium owners prefer their game and inversely. I think it s normal...and all the better.
Can some one tell what is different between pro and pro led? Bulbs on pro?
Does total light show needed with the pro led?
Where to find rising grave mod?
Thanks

I'm curious to know about this as well. Does the new LED Pro version offer the light show that the Premium model has?

And how does the Time Banditis upgrade compare?

I'm considering MET for my next purchase.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm curious to know about this as well. Does the new LED Pro version offer the light show that the Premium model has?
And how does the Time Banditis upgrade compare?
I'm considering MET for my next purchase.

No light show. Pretty sure it's just the same pro with LEDs in it, metal backbox, and tilted DMD. And if your lucky, a non ghosting non chipping Playfield.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

No light show. Pretty sure it's just the same pro with LEDs in it, metal backbox, and tilted DMD. And if your lucky, a non ghosting non chipping Playfield.

You mean that a classic pro is safer to be ghosting and chipping pf free than led pro?

Stern can keep the metal backbox as I don't care, plastic is fine but can replace with a metal apron as it sucks to have cheap plastic ones.

#43 6 years ago

You mean that a classic pro is safer to be ghosting and chipping pf free than led pro?
Stern can keep the metal backbox as I don't care, plastic is fine but can replace with a metal apron as it sucks to have cheap plastic ones.

Ya I was between both for a while. I didn't feel like driving 3 hours to pick one up so I ended up ordering a pro led that's shipped to my house. Some people said they had chipping issues some were fine. I just bought the full cliffy set for it, so I hope that helps. Otherwise it's the same game.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Ya I was between both for a while. I didn't feel like driving 3 hours to pick one up so I ended up ordering a pro led that's shipped to my house. Some people said they had chipping issues some were fine. I just bought the full cliffy set for it, so I hope that helps. Otherwise it's the same game.

Same game but same playfield quality?

#45 6 years ago

Same game but same playfield quality?

I think the Playfield is made to the "new stern standard" that's what I gathered my talking to people about it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pro-vs-led-pro-quality

#46 6 years ago

If I get the Pro, I want that lighting from the Premium. Can anyone comment on how the Time Bandits lighting mod compares.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

If I get the Pro, I want that lighting from the Premium. Can anyone comment on how the Time Bandits lighting mod compares.

Why bother with the Pro when a HUO Premium can be had for $5800-$6300? The light kit for the pro will run you close to $350 shipped with the bulbs to give you something like the lighting of the Premium, and you still don't get the rising cross, the snake's jaw that closes, or the hammer lock and interactive coffin. Most HUO Premiums also have the shaker motor installed, too.

Plus, if you're getting a "vintage" HUO Premium, you're getting a better playfield and cabinet than the new "cost-reduced" stuff Stern is farting out with problems left and right.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Plus, if you're getting a "vintage" HUO Premium, you're getting a better playfield and cabinet than the new "cost-reduced" stuff Stern is farting out with problems left and right.

The same about pro huo "vintage"?

#49 6 years ago

The same about pro huo "vintage"?

Of course. Vintage Pro or Premium HUO used will be better than the current playfields/cabinets Stern is messing up. But a Pro Metallica is a lesser Metallica. We've had both and the Premium is the better overall experience. Pro got sold in just a few months.

#50 6 years ago

I personally adore the toys on the Premium (that Hammer of Justice and the Coffin ball lock are just so cool!), but the two play more or less the same. Metallica is not only a game I enjoy but a dream theme of mine; if you're not dead-set on getting the extra coolness of the Premium, the Pro plays just fine, and, in fact, plays more or less the same. In that case, the Pro is sufficient.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 132.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 14.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/actually-metallica-pro-or-premium?hl=beyndtstng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.